Yosuke is not your average Japanese idol. He's not classical handsome, not widely known, he doesn't sing in any boy-band and is everything but cute.
On top of it all, after falling down from his balcony on the ninth floor, in 2004 if I'm not mistaken, his career was somehow wrecked, as it was rumored to be a suicide attempt. Yosuke's temper didn't help the cause, therefore he hasn't been acting in a drama since 2002.
Which I personally consider a great loss. I think he's a brilliant actor, capable of pulling off dramatic as well as comic roles. Luckily, he has been pretty active on the big screen, and I'm eager to see him work beside Ikuta Toma in Tale of Genji.

I believe he deserves a discussion thread. Anybody else's a fan here? :)

°°°°

Here some info:

Name Yosuke Kubozuka
Japanese: 窪塚洋介
Birthdate: May 7, 1979
Birthplace: Yokosuka, Kanagawa, Japan
Height: 177cm
Blood Type: O
Family: Wife, son
Brother: Shunsuke Kubozuka

Movies

Helter Skelter | Heruta Sukeruta (2012) - Takao Nanbu
Monsters Club | Monsutazu Kurabu (2012)
Himizu (2012) - Teruhiko Iijima
Tale of Genji: A Thousand Year Engima | Genji Monogatari (2010) - Seimei Abe
Strangers in the City | Yukizuri no Machi (2010) - Yasuhiro Nakagome
Tokyo Island | Tokyo-jima (2010)
Pandora's Box | Pandora no hako (2009)
Where The Legend Lives | Maboroshi no Yamataikoku (2008)
Ichi (2008)
For Those We Love | Ore wa, kimi no tame ni koso shini ni iku (2007)
Amour-Legende | Songshu zisha shijian (2006) - Oshima
Under the Same Moon | Onaji tsuki wo miteiru (2005) - Tetsuya
Tobi ga kururi to (2005)
Samurai Resurrection | Makai tensho (2003) - Amakusa Shiro Tokisada
Madness in Bloom | Kyoki no sakura (2002) - Yamaguchi Susumu
Doing Time | Keimusho no naka (2002)
Ping Pong (2002) - Peco
Long Love Letter: Hyoryu kyoshitsu (2002) - Akio Asami
Laundry (2002) - Teru
Go (2001) - Sugihara (Lee)
Oboreru sakana (2001) - Munetaka Akiyoshi
Tomie: Replay (2000) - Fumihito Sato
Ping Pong Bath Station | Takkyu onsen (1998)
Midori (1996) - Minoru Kobayashi

TV

Long Love Letter (2002)
Strawberry on the Shortcake (TBS / 2001)
And Friend | Soshite, Tomodachi (TV Asahi / 2000) - TV Movie
Ikebukuro West Gate park (2000)
Lipstick (Fuji TV / 1999)
GTO: Great Teacher Onizuka (Fuji TV / 1998)
Days of Youth | Wakaba no Koro (TBS / 1996)
The Files of Young Kindaichi | Kindaichi Shonen no Jikenbo (NTV / 1995)
Me! I've begun Long Love Letter and I know he's in Strawberry on the Shortcake. I read a little about his past. I'm glad he lived through those rough times and is rebuilding.

I posted these in the kiss booth a week or so back.
oooh he's good looking...i might have to give his dramas/ movies a try ^_^
I'm glad to see you joining the club, ladies. :D

Indeed, he's terribly charming in Strawberry and adorable in Long Love Letters, where his freezy hair has been the object of a few debates elsewhere, LOL. Jeanie, let me know what you think of these two dramas: they are two of my favourites, but I'm aware they are also... weird, and not always pleasing. :)

Kamz, since you find him good-looking I suggest you start with Strawberry, where his character is truly to fall for.
But if I can be a little pushy - forgive me for that - I wish everyone would watch the movie Laundry. He's not handsome there - his character's not supposed to be - and the movie is slow, but he's simply brilliant, and it gives you the measure of the different roles/faces he's able to pull off.

Unfortunately, many movies I long to watch in the list aren't available on streaming, and just as hard to download. I have been trying to dl Amour Legende for something like one year now, and still nothing. :(
I've not seen him before, you've certainly piqued my interest - I think I'll have to add laundry & strawberry on the shortcake to my list thanks ^^
We are making proselytes!

;)

Btw, love the subject of your avatar, abs. :D
amrita828 wrote: We are making proselytes!

;)

Btw, love the subject of your avatar, abs. :D

Hehehe! Biblical terms! ...I love this place.
for those who are interested, I would also like to recommend his movies...Especially "Go" for which he got serious good critics. I read a few rumuors about him, like having a politican relative and like he does not like to accept projects unless they have some real concept in them...well rumours...But "Go "definietly had something to say...And Laundry was "different"...And one more thing eventhough his not in a boyband, he is a raggie singer (hope spelled it right) He sings under the name Manji line. you can google and watch some videos where he sings live etc...He even had video clip if I am not wrong. I don't like or understand much about raggie but I still was happy to hear his voice for which ı have fallen in the first place. :) I will never forget his voice's tune when he said "Nande?" in strawberry in the shortcake or long love letter....
I'm a huge fan! Glad he's still getting some fan love despite being off the radar for years now. My personal favourite Japanese movie is GO and I think Kubozuka Yosuke really had that great character pinned down. Great performance. Loved him in Laundry too. This guy's acting is really versatile. A pity he decided to lay off acting for a long time. Looking forward to watching Monster's Club soon!
I am a huge fan, too! I fell in love with him in IWGP and am now slowly working through all his dramas and movies. <3
I've seen him in GO and liked him there (:
Well the post made in the "kiss....." were awesome :D I decided to like him :p
I know him..his from GTO... and i also read those facts about him... It's good that his doing great after everything... he has talent so for sure he can comeback easily...
darkangel662008 wrote: I know him..his from GTO...
and i also read those facts about him...

It's good that his doing great after everything...
he has talent so for sure he can comeback easily...

I have seriously never noticed him in GTO.........>_<