MDL actress' page

Juri Ueno, born May 25, 1986 in Kakogawa, Hyogo Prefecture, Japan, is a popular Japanese actress. Juri's family consists of her parents and two older sisters. As a child Juri Ueno excelled at track and ran short distance races until the first grade of middle school. Because of problems with hyperventilation she then gave up running. In 2002, Juri started her career in entertainment by appearing in a CF for J-Phone. That year, Juri would also make her first television drama appearance in the NHK series "Seizon". The following year in 2003, Juri made her acting debut in "Summer of Chirusoku" (Chirusoku no natsu) and also appeared later that year in "Josee, the Tiger and the Fish." By 2004, Juri experienced her breakthrough role in the feel-good comedy "Swing Girls." She played a high school student that falls in love with jazz music and her performance would garner her the best newcomer award during that year's Japanese Academy Awards.

TV Shows
Gou (2011)
Sunao ni Narenakute (2010)
Ueno Juri to Itsutsu no Kaban (2009)
Last Friends (2008)
Loss Time Life (2008, Story 4)
Nodame Cantabile SP (2008)
Marumaru Chibi Maruko-chan SP (2007)
Jodan ja nai! (2007)
Nodame Cantabile (2006)
Bokutachi no Sensou (2006)
Tsubasa no Oreta Tenshitachi Slot (2006)
Kindaichi Shonen no Jikenbo 2005 (2005)
Yagate Kuruhi no Tameni (2005)
Engine (2005)
Honto ni Atta Kowai Hanashi Yukizuri no Binransha (2004, ep9)
Orange Days (2004)
Teruteru Kazoku (2003)
Okaasan to Issho (2003)
Seizon (2002)

Movies
Nodame Cantabile: The Movie II (2010)
Nodame Cantabile: The Movie I (2009)
Killer Virgin Road (2009)
Kodomo no Kodomo (2008)
Guu-Guu Datte Neko de Aru (2008)
Kung Fu Kun (2008)
Naoko (2008)
7 Gatsu 24 Nichi Toori no Christmas (2006)
Shiawase no Switch (2006)
Deguchi no Nai Umi (2006)
Warau Michael (2006)
Niji no Megami Rainbow Song (2006)
Summer Time Machine Blues (2005)
Kame wa Igai to Hayaku Oyogu (2005)
Swing Girls (2004)
Joze, the Tiger, and the Fish (2003)
Chirusoku no Natsu (2003)

Awards
1st Tokyo Drama Awards: Best Actress - Last Friends, Nodame Cantabile in Europe
2nd MTV Student Voice Awards: Best Actress (2008)
57th Television Drama Academy Awards: Best Supporting Actress - Last Friends
12th Nikkan Sports Drama Grand Prix (Spring 2008): Best Supporting Actress - Last Friends
51th Television Drama Academy Awards: Best Actress - Nodame Cantabile
28th Japan Academy Awards: Best Newcomer - Swing Girls
59th Everyday Movie Sponichi Grand Prix: Best Newcomer - Swing Girls, Chirusoku no Natsu
Yokohama Film Festival: Best Newcomer - Swing Girls

Drama Discussions on MDL:
Gou
Last Friends
Nodame Cantabile
I just realized that there was no any actress thread before...lol so I decided to make one, my most fav Japanese actress.. <3 from her, I've watched Sunao ni Narenakute Ueno Juri to Itsutsu no Kaban Last Friends Nodame Cantabile (all kind :P) Jodan ja nai! Tsubasa no Oreta Tenshitachi Engine Rainbow Song and fell for her in each show.. <3 really great actress, imo...
i'm watching Last friends and i really like her..i almost crushed on her..actually i did for a few hours but then Eita appeared and swept me off my feet in no time lol i first saw her in Nodame but i dropped that drama after 2 episodes...even tamaki couldn't save it for me
I love her! And she always makes those movies that are full of pure randomness like Turtles swim faster than expected.
Oh...Don't know she have a thread of her own... I like her very much as Nodame... I watch her in: Sunao ni Narenakute Last Friends (I like her team up with Eita) Nodame Cantabile (but I like her more with Chiaki) Nodame Cantabile SP Nodame Cantabile: The Movie II Nodame Cantabile: The Movie I
Wow I didn´t realize till now she is the same actor from GOU O.o Stunning Drama~ :) And stunning actress!!!
She's amazingly talented. I've seen her in a few different shows and all of them were completely different and yet she acted superbly in every role. That's why she's on my top favorite actors list. She first stole my heart in Nodame. How she pulled off such a unique and outrageous character I'll never know. Then she impressed me a lot in Last Friends. That role was a polar opposite to Nodame and she was really believable.
Does she have a new project lined up? I know she's taking a break from a long taiga like Gou, but I really hope to see her in a dorama again! I loved her the most in Last Friends, Rainbow Song and Swing Girls!
I had a weird dream a few night ago about me kissing ueno juri...so weird
Some screenshots I took from the last time I watched Nodame

Juniko wrote: I had a weird dream a few night ago about me kissing ueno juri...so weird

lol I can imagine that would be weird for you since you're a girl, but that would be awesome for me.
LOL I can still remember the feeling of absolute weirdness and awkwardness I felt waking up. Like "wow, that's disturbing!" I think that's because I rewatched Last Friend recently