Narimiya Hiroki, born Narimiya Hiroshige on September 14, 1982 in Minato, Tokyo, Japan, is a Japanese actor and model. He was born and raised in Tokyo, Japan. His parents are Okinawan, so he is of Okinawan descent. His parents divorced when he was young, and in his 3rd year of junior high school, his mother died and he and his brother were raised by his grandmother. He had made a promise to his mother to become serious about acting and soon dropped out of school to pursue his career. He soon debuted in 2000 in the play "Horobikaketa Jinrui, Sono Ai no Honshitsu to wa (Perishing Humankind, What is the Essence of Its Love?)." Hiroki was chosen for the part of Kane out of the 3000 actors who auditioned. February 2001, he made his movie debut in "Oboreru Sakana". In 2002, he appeared as Noda in the television drama, "Gokusen." With his life-sized performance in this role, Hiroki won both serious acclaim and popularity. That same year, he was the lead in "Okan wa Uchu wo Shihaisuru", a television special on Fuji Television Network. Come 2003, he performed in his first period film, "Azumi", which became a box office hit and allowed Hiroki to display his swordplay skills from daily training. In 2004, Hiroki returned to the stage in the Shakespearean play "Oki ni Mesumama (As You Like It)" and had a supporting role in the TBS drama Orange Days. The next year, he starred in the TBS series "Ima, Ai ni Yukimasu" and was featured in four films, including Nana, the sequel for which was released December 2006. Also, he is the voice actor of Tanimura Masayoshi at "Ryu ga Gotoko" games.

http://mydramalist.com/actor/455/narimiya-hiroki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiroki_Narimiya

I saw that my beloved Hiroki wasn't in discussion threads yet. So I created one. Feel free to discuss your thoughts about him, his acting, movies/dramas, etc.

I confess...I love his smile and his neck mole!
I like this actor, all the more that he is pretty handsome. I like his smile too! I stalked him for a while. I've seen him in Yankee-kun to megane chan (not a so great drama), Juui Dolittle, Gokusen, Honey and Clover and Innocent love. I ddin't like the last two. ahhh! I've forgotten to mention Bloody monday (1 & 2) where he was so good!!! I really like him in Juui Dolittle (maybe not his best role, I don't know) where I felt so sorry for his character (maybe that would have been different if it were another actor). The same in innocent love (he was the only reason I watched it all) and Honey and clover. I like the fact he is portraying characters that are trying to be true to themselves but are sometimes lost in strange canvas in their life. don't know it's clear... by the way, very good idea!
I loved him in Honey and Clover, and now I'm watching Ima, Ai ni Yukimasu with him in it :)
SumiTheCat wrote: I like this actor, all the more that he is pretty handsome. I like his smile too! I stalked him for a while.
I've seen him in Yankee-kun to megane chan (not a so great drama), Juui Dolittle, Gokusen, Honey and Clover and Innocent love. I ddin't like the last two. ahhh! I've forgotten to mention Bloody monday (1 & 2) where he was so good!!!
I really like him in Juui Dolittle (maybe not his best role, I don't know) where I felt so sorry for his character (maybe that would have been different if it were another actor). The same in innocent love (he was the only reason I watched it all) and Honey and clover. I like the fact he is portraying characters that are trying to be true to themselves but are sometimes lost in strange canvas in their life. don't know it's clear...
by the way, very good idea!

I like the fact that he takes on different roles. Have you seen his movies?
Btw, I loved him in Bloody Monday...even though he was a villian I just couldn't bring myself up to hate his character. He was awesome/funny in both Yankee-kun to Megane Chan and Stand Up! (laughs at the scenes with him saying we must protect our virginity)

I really want to see Aibou Season 11 coz he's in it..but I can't seem to find it anywhere.
THATCRAZYOTAKU wrote: I like the fact that he takes on different roles. Have you seen his movies?
Btw, I loved him in Bloody Monday...even though he was a villian I just couldn't bring myself up to hate his character. He was awesome/funny in both Yankee-kun to Megane Chan and Stand Up! (laughs at the scenes with him saying we must protect our virginity)

I really want to see Aibou Season 11 coz he's in it..but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

I haven't seen his movies, so if you've got one or two to recommend, I'd be glad to add them on my PTW list.
I also want to see the last season of Aibou, for the same reason. But cannot find it too (well, I haven't made any research, but I haven't seen it in the update list on DC).
I haven't seen Stand up yet, but I think I should, so many good actors at their debut...
mizztic wrote: I loved him in Honey and Clover, and now I'm watching Ima, Ai ni Yukimasu with him in it :)

Ima, Ai ni Yukimasu sounds interesting, I hope it's not too sad... Plus seeing Narimiya playing a father should be interesting. I'm going to add it on my PTW list. Thanks!
SumiTheCat wrote: I haven't seen his movies, so if you've got one or two to recommend, I'd be glad to add them on my PTW list.
I also want to see the last season of Aibou, for the same reason. But cannot find it too (well, I haven't made any research, but I haven't seen it in the update list on DC).
I haven't seen Stand up yet, but I think I should, so many good actors at their debut...

I'll recommend these movies for now.

Kagen no Tsuki (Last Quarter of the Moon)
Nana 1 and 2
Ace Attorney
DROP
THATCRAZYOTAKU wrote: I'll recommend these movies for now.

Kagen no Tsuki (Last Quarter of the Moon)
Nana 1 and 2
Ace Attorney
DROP

Thanks a lot for the recommendations !!! I add them all on my PTW list.
Kagen no Tsuki looks really good.
And a movie with Mizushima + Narimiya: that's just seems like heaven !!!

Merry Christmas!!!
Yep. I liked Kagen no Tsuki. I re-watched it several months back. I hardly rewatch anything but this movie is def worth it.
Drop was good too. Lots of fighting but also lots of eye candy! ^^

Merry Christmas!! ^^
AH YES THIS EXISTS.

I'm a new fan of Narimiya Hiroki <3 literally as of a few days ago...
Basically came about because I'm a huge Ace Attorney fan as I play the games, so I decided to watch the movie. His acting as Phoenix Wright, the main character, is so adorable. Decided to search him up and there's heaps of pictures of him on Tumblr with quite a few topless ones *fangirl squeal*. He is so damn good looking for 30 [and too old for me :(] but I'll always indulge myself looking at pictures of him.

Anyway I've been trying to look for his official website and/or blog and I can't find it anywhere! The links on Wikipedia do not work, and I see fan translations of his blog posts but iirc he deleted his blog? :'( ah it's quite hard. I really just want to stalk him hehe.
katharinetat wrote: AH YES THIS EXISTS.

I'm a new fan of Narimiya Hiroki <3 literally as of a few days ago...
Basically came about because I'm a huge Ace Attorney fan as I play the games, so I decided to watch the movie. His acting as Phoenix Wright, the main character, is so adorable. Decided to search him up and there's heaps of pictures of him on Tumblr with quite a few topless ones *fangirl squeal*. He is so damn good looking for 30 [and too old for me :(] but I'll always indulge myself looking at pictures of him.

Anyway I've been trying to look for his official website and/or blog and I can't find it anywhere! The links on Wikipedia do not work, and I see fan translations of his blog posts but iirc he deleted his blog? :'( ah it's quite hard. I really just want to stalk him hehe.

Welcome, Welcome! It's never too late! ^^
Yeah he did close his official blog. But you can still find out info on what's he's up to work-wise through his entertainment company TOP COAT.
Watching Ima Ai Ni Yukimasu. Hiroki plays the character of a father in that one. Liking it so far!
@THATCRAZYOTAKU I've finally started with Ace attorney and it was quite entertaining! once again thanks a lot. I really liked the atmosphere of the movie : i don't know the game, so it was really funny to see their hair style and their wardrobe !!! i hope there will be another movie, it cannot end like that (ah i became crazy at the train scene : why didn't he...?)
SumiTheCat wrote: @THATCRAZYOTAKU
I've finally started with Ace attorney and it was quite entertaining! once again thanks a lot. I really liked the atmosphere of the movie : i don't know the game, so it was really funny to see their hair style and their wardrobe !!! i hope there will be another movie, it cannot end like that (ah i became crazy at the train scene : why didn't he...?)

Yeah I don't know the game either but the movie was enjoyable. Yeah I know what you mean about hairstyle haha
You should watch Kagen no Tsuki and DROP next they are both good.