Okay, so I completed Hotaru no Hikari, and I did not hate it. (Actually, it had its good points, there were just so many things that annoyed me.) In my opinion, Fujiki Naohito did not only save it by being a good actor, but because his character was a really good guy. I enjoyed watching him fall for Hotaru, and I can see the point of those who say that this drama gives us hope, I guess. What I'm wondering now is if Season 2 is worth watching? On the MDL page it looks like half the people like it better than season 1, but I can't judge what it means from my point of view... I've got to say though, that after watching the last episode of season 1, I didn't really see the point of doing a second season, because it seemed like a good ending. (Except that he didn't kiss her passionately, but I know that'd be too much to ask for.) I understand that when S2 starts, Hotaru has been away for some years and I suppose that means that they sort of have to get to know each other all over again and catch up and stuff, but I don't know...

Anyway, before completing HnoH, I also watched him in Onna Nobunaga, which was a pretty good drama, but his character didn't make much of an impression. He was just a guy who really wanted to do the right thing.

I'm currently watching Slow Dance. Anyone watched this? I thought his role would be less important, so I was pleasantly surprised. (So far, I like this drama a lot, but I can understand if it isn't everybody's cup of tea. I guess I like it because they're just adults who are trying to figure out how to live their lives, sort of like myself. ;) Nothing really "exciting" or special, but it's nice.) His character is a guy who might not always make the best decisions, but he's not better or worse than anyone else around him. And I can't help it; watching his face just takes my breath away. In one episode, he *hugged a girl who was sad* and I was like "awww..." haha. ;)
Hotaru no Hikari is really hilarious, goro goro goro goro loooooooooooooool for a drama inspired from manga, it was a pure delirium and fun lol the female lead is really good, Ayase Haruka in both jin and HnH demonstrate a lot of potential
If you're looking for Fujiki yum, I definitely recommend G@me. He was quite sexy in that role. I found it after watching H no H years ago. Been a fan ever since.

http://mydramalist.com/japanese-movie/578/gme
soumatra2 wrote:
for a drama inspired from manga, it was a pure delirium and fun lol

I didn't know it's from a manga, that explains a lot, I guess! ;)

infiniti512 wrote: If you're looking for Fujiki yum, I definitely recommend G@me. He was quite sexy in that role. I found it after watching H no H years ago. Been a fan ever since.

http://mydramalist.com/japanese-movie/578/gme

Always looking for Fujiki yum! *lol* It's on my list already, I'm just saving it for a day when I feel like I really need something good! (Well, okay, so according to the reviews it's not amazing, but I'm talking in terms of "yum"!) But I have a feeling that I'm going to watch it pretty soon.
when I review the dramas I watched, I can find a lot of drama with Fujiki Naohito GTO 1998 Propose Daisakusen Shibatora Around 40 Hana Yori Dango 1 Litre of Tears Priceless Last Cinderella H no H Kou Kou Kyoushi 2003 when everyone talking about Discovering him in last cinderella, I was astonished lol
soumatra2 wrote:
when everyone talking about Discovering him in last cinderella, I was astonished lol

*lol* I can understand that, because he's been in so many dramas way before that one! For me, though, LC was the fifth drama I ever watched - I'm that new to Dramaland! (I don't feel like such a newbie anymore, though!) :)

I think he must be very popular in Japan, because they make Fujiki Naohito calendars! (It's not just anyone who gets to hang on people's walls, right?) I was surprised when I saw that. I'm not sure for how many years, but at least since 2008. If I were younger, I'd totally want the 2014 calendar, but now I feel embarassed to display my fangirling so openly... *lol*
soumatra2 wrote: Shibatora

I can't even remember him being in Shibatora. But I've blanked out most of that drama so...

lily_b wrote: I think he must be very popular in Japan, because they make Fujiki Naohito calendars! (It's not just anyone who gets to hang on people's walls, right?) I was surprised when I saw that. I'm not sure for how many years, but at least since 2008. If I were younger, I'd totally want the 2014 calendar, but now I feel embarassed to display my fangirling so openly... *lol*

Aw, go ahead! My cousin is 35 and still has a Johnny Depp poster up.
femmedesneiges wrote: I can't even remember him being in Shibatora. But I've blanked out most of that drama so...

I put Shibatora on hold after two or three episodes because I was not in the mood for that kind of drama... It was just a supporting character, with a strange hair colour and colourful shirts:

femmedesneiges wrote: Aw, go ahead! My cousin is 35 and still has a Johnny Depp poster up.

Haha, thanks! That makes me feel better about it. It's not like people don't find me a little bit strange anyway so I could just as well go ahead and get out of the fangirl closet! ;) (I guess the real surprise would be that I'm supposedly a lesbian. But I don't know, maybe finding a handful of Japanese men totally hot really does make me bisexual. Well, who cares anyway, right!)
lily_b wrote: I put Shibatora on hold after two or three episodes because I was not in the mood for that kind of drama... It was just a supporting character, with a strange hair colour and colourful shirts:

None of that rings a bell... I'm going to rewatch some of this to see if it was better or worse than the 7 I gave it.

lily_b wrote: Haha, thanks! That makes me feel better about it. It's not like people don't find me a little bit strange anyway so I could just as well go ahead and get out of the fangirl closet! ;) (I guess the real surprise would be that I'm supposedly a lesbian. But I don't know, maybe finding a handful of Japanese men totally hot really does make me bisexual. Well, who cares anyway, right!)

I outed myself as an idol fangirl in my Japanese class and thought, oh, so embarrassing, but nobody paid me any attention. xD Age is just a number and labels are just words. You are who you are. :)
Thanks guys, I have tonight's movie, I absolutely must watch him playing sexy :D All the dramas I've seen him in so far, he played a kind, warm-hearted guy or something like that. Not exactly the definition of sexy (in my dictionary). But I discovered him anyways, soo... I met him in Shibatora, which I watched because of Koike Teppei. It was two years ago, I enjoyed it very much (but when I started to watch doramas, I enjoyed everything), but I don't think I would rewatch. Fujiki Naohito's character was very likeable, especially after a couple of past events come to light. I started to stalk him back then. I loved him in Around 40 and in Hotaru no Hikari, too. Everyone here just wants to drop HnH, but I really enjoyed watching their developing relationship, and I felt similar to Hotaru, so it was good to see, maybe there's hope for me, too :D Surprisingly I didn't really liked him in Proposal Daisakusen, or it's better to say, I was on Yamapi's side. But Fujiki-sempai was really cool at the end, I had to feel sorry for him. Last Cinderella...okay, I was definitely on Tachibana's side, but at the end I reconciled with Miura Haruma (or at least I didn't want to hit anybody). But there were moments, when I just wanted to shout at Sakura, to make her notice Tachibana. I was so annoyed a few times...how can she not see him as a man? He is Fujiki Naohito, is she in her right mind?? And finally I watched Hana Yori Dango (1995). This is the movie, that I didn't want to see. Ridiculous acting in ridicuolus outfits...okay it was made in 1995, but please...I'm sure they could find better actors for the roles. Seriously what was wrong with Makino? Grrrr Okay, that's all! I'd really love to read a Stalker's Guide of Fujiki Naohito, so go on with his doramas and write it! :D I'd actually like to write it, but with my poor English...it would take me several hours, and I should watch more of his roles. But never say never! :D
femmedesneiges wrote:
I outed myself as an idol fangirl in my Japanese class and thought, oh, so embarrassing, but nobody paid me any attention. xD Age is just a number and labels are just words. You are who you are. :)

Wise words. :)
bocka wrote: Thanks guys, I have tonight's movie, I absolutely must watch him playing sexy :D All the dramas I've seen him in so far, he played a kind, warm-hearted guy or something like that.

Yeah, maybe the characters really are a bit similar in that respect. And sometimes, the character is a bit of a perfectionist in one way or another. That's why I thought Yako no kaidan would be a nice change, but I ended up dropping it! (Well, only five out of nine eps were subbed, so I guess I'm not the only one who didn't like it.) It's not that I have a problem with him being the "bad guy" at all, it's just that I found all the characters flat and the plot not as interesting as it could have been... He was not even really "evil" as the villain, so it became uninteresting. It disappointed me because there was no way I could feel anything for any of the characters. I thought Fujiki Naohito could always convey some kind of emotion, give something in his performance that makes one able to connect with the character... On the other hand, perhaps it's not easy to portray a person who doesn't have any emotions besides wanting to *strangle people* and isn't motivated by anything except wanting to *become famous*? I tried to watch it for the "yum", but that alone wasn't enough for me... the "hot" scenes weren't even very hot, so... meh. Anyway, I do look forward to watching Game soon! Tell us your thoughts when you're done, please, bocka!

bocka wrote: I met him in Shibatora, which I watched because of Koike Teppei. It was two years ago, I enjoyed it very much (but when I started to watch doramas, I enjoyed everything), but I don't think I would rewatch. Fujiki Naohito's character was very likeable, especially after a couple of past events come to light. I started to stalk him back then.

Well, maybe I'll pick it up again one of these days.

bocka wrote: Surprisingly I didn't really liked him in Proposal Daisakusen, or it's better to say, I was on Yamapi's side. But Fujiki-sempai was really cool at the end, I had to feel sorry for him.

Hm, this one hasn't been high up on my priorities list but I guess I will watch it sometime.

bocka wrote: Last Cinderella...okay, I was definitely on Tachibana's side, but at the end I reconciled with Miura Haruma (or at least I didn't want to hit anybody). But there were moments, when I just wanted to shout at Sakura, to make her notice Tachibana. I was so annoyed a few times...how can she not see him as a man? He is Fujiki Naohito, is she in her right mind??

*lol* I'm glad you ended up not wanting to hit anybody; that's not high praise for a drama if you do, or at least not in my book. I thought the LC-discussion on the forum was fun because the "Team Tachibana" people and the "Team Hiroto" people had so different point of view. (And then there were those of us who were undecided a lot of the time...) I see your point about Sakura not being in her right mind, but on the other hand... sometimes, I wonder what is character-appreciation and what is actor-appreciation?

bocka wrote: And finally I watched Hana Yori Dango (1995). This is the movie, that I didn't want to see. Ridiculous acting in ridicuolus outfits...okay it was made in 1995, but please...I'm sure they could find better actors for the roles. Seriously what was wrong with Makino? Grrrr

Haha, I don't think I'm going to watch it! I've seen one version of HYD and I think that's enough for me, even though I kinda sorta loved it. Actually, I think what you said in the beginning of your post applies to me too - when I first started watching dramas, I enjoyed everything... Just knowing that he played Rui when he was young makes me go "aww" a little, but that's all, ha ha.

bocka wrote: Okay, that's all! I'd really love to read a Stalker's Guide of Fujiki Naohito, so go on with his doramas and write it! :D I'd actually like to write it, but with my poor English...it would take me several hours, and I should watch more of his roles. But never say never! :D

I take that as encouragement, haha! There's still a lot to watch.... It looks like we're currently the most enthusiastic ones, so if I ever go as far as to write it, maybe I'll ask you to co-write it! But, a Stalker's Guide would best be written by someone who can read Japanese - and read interviews and stuff.
lily_b wrote:

Always looking for Fujiki yum! *lol* It's on my list already, I'm just saving it for a day when I feel like I really need something good! (Well, okay, so according to the reviews it's not amazing, but I'm talking in terms of "yum"!) But I have a feeling that I'm going to watch it pretty soon.

Yeah it's not the best movie but I loved watching him in it!
infiniti512 wrote: Yeah it's not the best movie but I loved watching him in it!

Sounds good! :) In the meantime, I have:
1. Completed Slow Dance - I highly recommend it for anyone who likes stories about friendship, finding your way in life, trying to figure out where happiness is... Like the title suggest, it's kind of slow (not super dramatic or intense) but never dull. It's also about romance, and one plot point is that it's not entirely a given from the start who's going to end up with whom. The characters are a bit confused, but realistic in my opinion. :) Fujiki Naohito's character gets quite a lot of screen time, too!

2. Watched 20th Century Boys 2 - I had already watched part one before, so I didn't watch it for Fujiki Naohito, but he was a nice little bonus.

3. Started watching Itoshi kimi e - only the first episode. I've been hesitant to watch it, because I'm not really drawn to stories about illness and grief right now... but I couldn't resist this man in a main role. The first ep was kind of sweet, actually. And Fujiki Naohito and Kanno Miho are sooo incredibly beautiful together.

(No, don't worry; I won't update this thread every single time I watch an episode... promise!)
I took a break with Itoshi kimi e, because I love it so much I had to catch my breath. (Seriously! And I didn't want to be over too quickly.)

During this break, I watched Shiawase ni Narou yo. I liked it a lot during the first six or so episodes, but this is the kind of drama where they put in lots of unnecessary plot twists to make it longer. Unfortunately. At least, that's how I felt about it. I think it could have been wrapped up in nine episodes instead of eleven. Anyway, the interesting thing here is Fujiki Naohito's character, right? :)

In Shiawase ni Narou yo, he is Yashiro Hidehiko, a not so good guy. I think this is a nice change, actually, from all the wonderful characters. The first impression of Yashiro Hidehiko is that he's a selfish player. I did not like him! ...which on some weird level made me happy, because that must mean that Fujiki Naohito played his part, well, right? (If I had felt nothing, been indifferent, now that would have been bad.) The character then develops into a very stupid selfish player. Yashiro has made some serious mistakes in his personal life because of this, and it takes him a loooong time to set his priorities straight. Eventually he does show a little bit of conscience, which makes me like him a little bit more. Actually, this is one of the characters who changes the most, overall, which is interesting. I'm not so sure if it's realistic, though? (But there's so much overacting and silliness coming from other supporting characters, so that might be an irrelevant question.)

Is this drama worth watching? Well, the main character was a very cute, very nice guy and if you like a sweet romance and don't mind being a bit frustrated during the last episodes, then go ahead and watch it! If you're thinking of watching it just because of Fujiki Naohito, then I only recommend it for serious fangirls. He did well, but far from his strongest performance. Like I said, it was a nice change in the collection of Fujiki Naohito characters, but I think it's a rather forgettable one among all the others. I happened to have a lot of time on my hands these last few days so I don't regret watching it. I rated it 7.