Matsuda Shota (松田 翔太 Matsuda Shōta, born September 10, 1985) is a Japanese actor. His parents are the actors Yusaku Matsuda and Miyuki Matsuda, his older brother is the actor Ryuhei Matsuda, and his aunt is the actress Mami Kumagai. Matsuda is 181 cm tall. His father, Yusaku Matsuda was half-Korean, thus Shota and Ryuhei are a quarter Korean. Matsuda has also lived in England and can speak fluent English. [wikipedia]

TV Shows
Taira no Kiyomori (NHK, 2012)
Don Quixote (NTV, 2011)
Nagareboshi (Fuji TV, 2010)
Tsuki no Koibito (Fuji TV, 2010)
LIAR GAME 2 (Fuji TV, 2009)
Meitantei no Okite (TV Asahi, 2009)
Love Shuffle (TBS, 2009)
Bara no nai Hanaya as Kudo Naoya (Fuji TV, 2008)
Rokumeikan (TV Asahi, 2008)
Atsu-hime as Tokugawa Iemochi (NHK, 2008)
Jotei as Date Naoto (TV Asahi, 2007)
LIAR GAME as Akiyama Shinichi (Fuji TV, 2007)
Hana Yori Dango 2 as Nishikado Sojiro (TBS, 2007)
Regatta as Yagi Seiya (TV Asahi, 2006)
Top Caster as Iga Shunpei (Fuji TV, 2006)
Aru Ai no Uta as Nanase Takumi (TBS, 2006)
Hana Yori Dango as Nishikado Sojiro (TBS, 2005)
Yankee Bokou ni Kaeru (TBS, 2003, SP)

Movies:
Kenta to Jun to Kayo-chan no Kuni (2010)
Liar Game: The Final Stage (2010)
Ikigami (2008)
Hana Yori Dango -Final- (2008)
Waruboro (2007)
Nagai Sanpo (2006)
Youki na Gang ga Chikyuu wo Mawasu (2006)

Awards:

Nikkan Sports Film Awards: Ishihara Yujiro New Actor Award (Ikigami, won)
Mainichi Film Concours: Sponichi Grand Prize New Talent Award (Waruboro,won)
Japanese Academy Awards: Newcomer of the Year (Ikigami, won)

Asian Film Awards: Best New Comer (Hana Yori Dango Final)

Drama Discussions on MDL (Caution May Contain Spoilers):

Liar Game Series
Love Shuffle
Don Quijote
I love the accent Shota-kun has when he speaks English....fans of HYD will love this....I, on the other hand, was mislead into watching thinking it was only Matsuda Shota...lol

A show...
<3 him. His english accent sounds a little Australian, right? Maybe we should start a thread just for videos of our favorites speaking english, hehe.

My favorite Matsuda drama is no secret: Love Shuffle. I loved the way he looked, his character, his acting, everything! I'm not sure, but I think I found Love Shuffle by looking him up after seeing HYD.

I definitely want to see more of his interviews. I've only seen a few minutes of him speaking without a script, but I want to see what his real personality is like.
That would be a fun thread...lol

I, also, want to see more of his interviews, but I can't seem to find subbed ones.
oh i get it now!!!!
In this pic he reminds me of Heechul
LOL, he doesn't remind me of Heechul...You must have Heechul on your mind...:p

One of my favorite parts of Liar Game

Another...
hehe trust me i NEVER hv heechul on my mind lol MS is better looking than Heechul IMO anyway :p
I see he has lived in England i wonder whereabouts its hard to tell from his accent cos its tinged with Japanese
RainFlower wrote:
I see he has lived in England i wonder whereabouts its hard to tell from his accent cos its tinged with Japanese

Yeah, that's what I thought about his accent too.
LisNoir wrote: I love the accent Shota-kun has when he speaks English....fans of HYD will love this....I, on the other hand, was mislead into watching thinking it was only Matsuda Shota...lol

Hahaha I love how he just randomly pops his head in around 4O seconds. Not surprised you made this thread Lis :p
Quick question, in Liar Game is there someone or something that looks like the character Jigsaw fro;m the Saw movies? My friend said she saw a drama that has a plot that sounded kinda like the plot to Liar game, but she couldn't remember that name. She also has no idea who acted in it. I've been trying to figure out the name of it for her.
Yep, creepy and everything like Jigsaw....lol
LisNoir wrote: Yep, creepy and everything like Jigsaw....lol

Hahaha Oguri Shun?? You make him sound so creepy haha :p [okay his random popping up was a tad bit creepy cuz his face just comes out of nowhere haha]
Jajajaja, no. I was answering SN's question. :p
LisNoir wrote: Jajajaja, no. I was answering SN's question. :p

Ohhhh hahaha

Jigsaw made me think of the Saw movies....haha
LOL, SN asked if in Liar Game there was a character similar to Jigsaw in Saw. And there is/are...because like 4 different ones appear.