I see kdrama fans hate on big age gaps but jdrama fans seem to be more OK with it. I don't see the same judgement from jdrama fans. 

Kdrama audience is young,young people nowadays lack critical thinking and believe that a 30 year old dating a 19 year old is grooming,thus they think its immoral and try to cancel it.
Jdrama audience is used to a lot of sensitive topics being touched,doubt anyone cares about age gaps.

LouM:
a 30 year old dating a 19 year old is grooming

LoL this is so true. Not to mention anyone dating a High School girl is pedophile nowadays despite the girl is already 18 and the guy in early 20's. But another 18 yo High School boy would have an easy blessing to date 18 yo High School girl though.

TimiZero:

LoL this is so true. Not to mention anyone dating a High School girl is pedophile nowadays despite the girl is already 18 and the guy in early 20's. But another 18 yo High School boy would have an easy blessing to date 18 yo High School girl though.

Or like in Kdrama where it's OK if the older person is a woman, they call it noona and have so many stories with older women x young men, even boys it's kinda creepy, but when it's an older man it's wrong. 

I am glad jdramas are more open minded. I also love how cdramas try to portray these relationships with older men despite getting hate from some people. 

MarkJason:
Or like in Kdrama where it's OK if the older person is a woman, they call it noona and have so many stories with older women x young men, even boys it's kinda creepy, but when it's an older man it's wrong. 

I can't really speak about Kdrama as I don't really watch it but I don't think it's the production fault. It is more about the sentiment of drama watchers in general, and maybe the newer generation would prefer the older women X younger man trope, then it's understandable the Kdramas would try to fulfill that demand.

To be fair, some years ago there's also an opposite opinion about why public would be okay with older man dating younger woman and not okay for the other way around. I guess it must have been evolved from that era, that we now see more of the latter. And I think older Kdramas don't have problems portraying older man X younger woman pairing, at least in those that I have watched like in Jang Hyuk dramas for example lol.

TimiZero:

I can't really speak about Kdrama as I don't really watch it but I don't think it's the production fault. It is more about the sentiment of drama watchers in general, and maybe the newer generation would prefer the older women X younger man trope, then it's understandable the Kdramas would try to fulfill that demand.

To be fair, some years ago there's also an opposite opinion about why public would be okay with older man dating younger woman and not okay for the other way around. I guess it must have been evolved from that era, that we now see more of the latter. And I think older Kdramas don't have problems portraying older man X younger woman pairing, at least in those that I have watched like in Jang Hyuk dramas for example lol.

Yes, you are right. It's weird how they get hate now when the man is older. There's something wrong with kdrama and to an extent cdrama watchers.