Omg I can't wait to see this! It actually had a showing in my city, but I missed it. I hope it comes back~

Of course it's based on Haruki Murakami's famous book, and I think it originally came out in 2010 but is just being released in the US this year (other than film festivals).

Here's the Official Movie Website

And the trailer:

It stars Kenichi Matsuyama (Gantz, Deathnote, Husband of the lady from Kimi wa petto) and Rinko Kikuchi (Babel, Moteki).

Tamayama Tetsuji is also in it. He's a hotty hot hottie from a bunch of different things. If you don't know his name, I'm sure you'd recognize his face if you watch Jdramas.

Has anyone seen it?
I'm checking this out...purely from the jumping off point that this is my very favorite Beatles song...ever!
Also...has this novel been translated to English and can I get it? ...looking now...
Yes it has :)

I read part of it in college and have been meaning to read the whole thing. This gives me a good excuse hehe.

Here's an interview with the director and lead actress. He actually suggests watching the movie and then reading the book. He wants them to exist somewhat independently. Idk, he says it better than I just did, you can watch the interview here:

Wahhhhhahaha I just heard of his book yesterday because of my project work in school :D And now....wow what an coincidence ^-^
And the trailer from "Naokos Smile"I saw it yesterday too :D Ohh it is the same...ok my mistake xD Btw It was in my city too^^ Last summer and I didn´t notice it :D Lol
I prefer the book to the movie >.<
Jeaniessi wrote: Also...has this novel been translated to English and can I get it? ...looking now...

You can get it on Amazon :D For pretty cheap too. Clicky!
I didn't read the book but the movie was ok.