The drama will use an original story that differs from the manga, revolving around 12 people who obtain a “future diary,” which allows them write down “predictions” of the future that will come true. However, they are all part of a game of survival, in which they must use their diaries to try to kill each other and be the last one remaining, earning a place on the “God’s seat.” Okada plays Hoshino Arata, a lazy college student who doesn’t believe in spending effort or working toward the future. One day, he gets a diary (the “future diary”) on his mobile phone, and he becomes involved in the game of survival.

Cast:

Okada Masaki as Hoshino Arata
Gouriki Ayame as Furusaki Yuno

Teasers:

Who plans on watching this?
guess what?! loooooooool..i know you guessed it..and yes, you are right! hahahahaaaa
Jajajaja.... I know what!!!
I am so looking forward to it. <3 I am just a little surprised that it's in the database since I submitted it a couple of days or maybe a week ago and I never saw it appear anywhere.
I'm definitely watching this! But I'd better wait till it's finished airing or I may die of anxiety.
I'm surprised that this became a drama. I should probably watch the anime too.
Skye-N-Rain wrote: I'm surprised that this became a drama. I should probably watch the anime too.

I wasn't watching the anime, but now I am because I'm going to watch this.
the manga is on my plan to read list...so obviously the drama...
Oh gosh, just reading the manga. That's going to be one weird drama. I've been trying to image what the god is supposed to look like in real life and let's say I hope they have big budget for all the special effects that will be necessary otherwise it's going to look ridiculous. Only four days to go. :D
Szasha wrote: Oh gosh, just reading the manga. That's going to be one weird drama. I've been trying to image what the god is supposed to look like in real life and let's say I hope they have big budget for all the special effects that will be necessary otherwise it's going to look ridiculous.

Only four days to go. :D

I have yet to see a Jdrama with good special effects...lol

Have you seen one?
LisNoir wrote: I have yet to see a Jdrama with good special effects...lol

Have you seen one?

Erm, ...no. :D And that's why I am a little "anxious". It's such an odd choice to turn Mirai Nikki into a drama.

(But it airs at a normal time, doesn't it? So at least I don't have to be afraid of the lead actress constantly getting undressed.)
Szasha wrote: Erm, ...no. :D And that's why I am a little "anxious". It's such an odd choice to turn Mirai Nikki into a drama.

(But it airs at a normal time, doesn't it? So at least I don't have to be afraid of the lead actress constantly getting undressed.)

Jajajaja... I hope it doesn't disappoint. Hmm, I'm not sure of the time slot. But you've seen a drama where the lead actress does that? lol
LisNoir wrote: Jajajaja... I hope it doesn't disappoint. Hmm, I'm not sure of the time slot. But you've seen a drama where the lead actress does that? lol

No, but I've read (most of) the manga and there she does it sometimes, erm, quite often. (Well, the reason why it shocked me is since both protagonists are 14 in the manga and that changes the perspective a little.) :D
But let's see how it's going to turn out...

... three days to go. :)
Szasha wrote: No, but I've read (most of) the manga and there she does it sometimes, erm, quite often. (Well, the reason why it shocked me is since both protagonists are 14 in the manga and that changes the perspective a little.) :D
But let's see how it's going to turn out...

... three days to go. :)

Ah...yeah, it does...lol