What? After all the talking in the Korean forum, it comes out there is no thread for HYD. That's blasphemy, lol.

http://mydramalist.com/japanese-drama/2983/hana-yori-dango

Not necessarily my favourite J-drama, but a timeless one which deserves a thread.
Care to talk about it and outshine its cousin across the strait? ;)
The Japanese version is really the best version of the story. My most favorite love story of all time! Tsukasa <3 Tsukushi. If only we all could have their love. :3
This was first J-drama. When i was watching BBF I heard there was a Japanese version so i went to check it out and my first thought was this looks horrible but months later i gave it a second try and loved it.
Hello pretty, I'm with you on this one. :) I watched all 3 versions - not the Chinese one though - and I still think this one was the best in terms of acting, humour, CLOTHES, and music.
I must say I always was a shipper of Rui, but Matsujun's interpretation of Tsukasa is unforgettable.

And let's not forget my favourite character Soujiro:

Looooooooooooong sigh

Ok, composure regained. Sort of... ;)
lol Rita... i haven't watched this and i don't think i ever will lol...i do like Shota though...but from the poster it looks like he's the Woo Bin of BBF..lol
KamZ wrote: lol Rita...

i haven't watched this and i don't think i ever will lol...i do like Shota though...but from the poster it looks like he's the Woo Bin of BBF..lol

Lol, Kamz, let's make this VERY CLEAR: it's Woo Bin from BBF who's the pale IMITATION of Nishikado Soujiro, not viceversa!! ;)

I won't try to persuade you to watch this version. I do think it's better in many respects, but it has its faults too. Persuasion is a subtle art... if I want to drag you to Japan, I need other ammunition... jk, of course. :D
amrita828 wrote: Lol, Kamz, let's make this VERY CLEAR: it's Woo Bin from BBF who's the pale IMITATION of Nishikado Soujiro, not viceversa!! ;)

I won't try to persuade you to watch this version. I do think it's better in many respects, but it has its faults too. Persuasion is a subtle art... if I want to drag you to Japan, I need other ammunition... jk, of course. :D

hahaha :p...BBF will probably always be the first for me for obvious reasons lol...i did try watching the Tversion after that, i was so disappointed with the choice of men...they all looked so blehhhh in comparison to oori kboys (and you can't deny the fact that the kboys are the prettiest squeeee~ lol) i ended up skipping almost the whole drama lol...i had no heart to try any other version after that lol
I loved the Taiwanese version. I am fully aware of it's looking... cheaper, definitely less glamorous and shiny, with some naive acting, mostly in the first season. Nonetheless, it was very satisfying on a romantic/chemistry level, and the only version where I truly liked the main couple to be together.

I don't gladly talk about superiority in beauty. I have my own taste, and I would never say Kim Joon is hotter than Vanness Wu, or Lee Min Ho more beguiling than Matsumoto Jun (not a fangirl of either one).
In both Hana Yori Dango and Meteor Garden, the 4 guys and the girl look more... natural, with a lot less make up and a lower key style than their Korean counterparts. The end effect is more pleasing to my eyes, and definitely more convincing.

This said, the true force of Hana Yori Dango is Makino. She's a character I can rely to, a lot more than Jan Di. Eye-candy guys are all well and nice, but if I can't empathize with the female lead it will sooner or later fall flat for me.

By the way, I made a mistake in my previous post: Nishikado Soujiro is So Yi Jung in BBF, not Woo Bin. Sorry, names are not my forte. ;)

:)
amrita828 wrote: natural, with a lot less make up and a lower key style than their Korean counterparts

By the way, I made a mistake in my previous post: Nishikado Soujiro is So Yi Jung in BBF, not Woo Bin. Sorry, names are not my forte. ;)

:)

that made me LOOOL ..which is actually very true hahahaaa...i agree, they were too done up...having said that, BBF will still always be very special to me despite it's faults...

as for the beauty part...yea, i guess to each his own...personally i always prefer the korean beauty to any other (and i'm talking about the men here...i don't really care for the women haha)...which is also one of the key factors which draws me to the kdramas (guilty as charged lol)....and as far the acting goes, i've tried quite a few jdramas now and i just can't seem to connect with them or their emotions...not that i will stop watching them...i did love Hungry and Ending Planner <3 heeeh

and i'm not good with names either lol...hhmmmm so Shota was Kim Bum from BBF :p
KamZ wrote: that made me LOOOL ..which is actually very true hahahaaa...i agree, they were too done up...having said that, BBF will still always be very special to me despite it's faults...

as for the beauty part...yea, i guess to each his own...personally i always prefer the korean beauty to any other (and i'm talking about the men here...i don't really care for the women haha)...which is also one of the key factors which draws me to the kdramas (guilty as charged lol)....and as far the acting goes, i've tried quite a few jdramas now and i just can't seem to connect with them or their emotions...not that i will stop watching them...i did love Hungry and Ending Planner <3 heeeh

and i'm not good with names either lol...hhmmmm so Shota was Kim Bum from BBF :p

Yes, and I DARE you declare Kim Bum is hotter than Shota (who by the way has got some Korean blood in his veins, so here we go again). LOL
amrita828 wrote: Yes, and I DARE you declare Kim Bum is hotter than Shota (who by the way has got some Korean blood in his veins, so here we go again). LOL

well, we (RF & I) do love oori Kim Bum-ee <3...however, we wouldn't dare say anything to oori Lis-ssi's love Shota-kun lol...lest we want her to unleash her black aura on us...no can do lol

and sorry for threadjacking LOOOL..Gomen ^^
Ee! ;)
We are discussing the drama, after all, albeit indirectly. ;)
amrita828 wrote: Ee! ;)
We are discussing the drama, after all, albeit indirectly. ;)

i guess we are :) heeh

what are you watching these days?...

EDIT: actually don't bother...i'm going to go check your list O_O
Ok this Drama will stay my favorite Drama forever!!!! It's just A.W.E.S.O.M.E!!!I watched it now about 20 times I think(lol not exxagrated) +my favorite scenes*~* unfortunately I already can speak with the japanese and english(subtitles):D At least in the first and 8th episode^^ for the rest it's about 70% I guess:D That said I know it already a little TOO well...(T.T) Btw I first noticed my love for Matsuda Shota in it:p
This was my second Jdrama and I absolutely loved it. They did a good job of capturing the feel of the manga, but there were a few differences. Hanazawa Rui was so lovable! (Oguri Shun ♥) I have watched both seasons, but have not watched the final movie.

P.S. I love Ikuta's cameo. It was my first time seeing him. :)