(I looked around on the forum but couldn't find any threads that addressed quite what I was looking for, apologies if I've missed it.)

In jdramas the genres mysteries, detective, investigation and crime seem to be very popular, and they happen to make up my favourite genres as well.
But I'm getting a bit tired of all the good dramas only having male leads - there'll be one lady in the background, but where are the lady bosses and geniuses? (Like Hard Nut, Okitegami Kyouko no Biboroku, Unfair, Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou, Deka Wanko)

So what I'm asking is - do any of you have jdrama recommendations for detective/investigation/crime/mystery dramas where the main lead is a woman? (Note, not talking about the woman being the side-kick or part of the team). Any recs will be greatly appreciated! 

strawberry night, ishi no mayu, kiina, BOSS,mop girl, zettai reido, SPEC 2, in some rate... lucky seven too

well... actually quite a lot of them :D

for women in detective/investigation BUT on the other side (evil side) check nigeru onna, GUILTY , hitori shizuka, or shokuzai
beware, some of them are cruel and disturbing crime dorama :D XD
Thanks so much! :) I just started BOSS but I'll definitely be checking the others out! 
Yeah, I think they're not uncommon, it's just that the dramas that seem to get the highest ratings/have the highest popularity (on MDL) are usually the ones with male leads so I was having a hard time finding the ones I was looking for using the search function.

Yay! I was actually thinking of asking for dramas where villains/criminals of the dramas were women too (like Siren), so those kinda check that off! ;)
dos Deka, Otenki Onee-san, Reinoryokusha Odagiri Kyoko no Uso, Joshi Deka, Koshonin, LADY~Saigo no Hanzai Profile~, Dandarin Rodo Kijun Kantokukan,
Trick Series,Untouchable.
check N no tame ni, byakuyakou, and ryusei no kizuna too ....
women characters there are in the between, kinda dark hero type...
Strawberry Night, Trick, Sukeban Deka, Ogon no Buta, Keizoku, Ishi no Mayu, Lucky Seven.
I've seen Byakuyakou (definitely one of my favourite dark jdramas!) and Ryusei no Kizuna. But I'll definitely try N no tame ni! 
So many good recs! I can't believe I've never heard of Ogon no Buta, I love Shinohara Ryoko! And Okada Masaki. 
for the darker type roles there are also Tantei no Tantei, Naomi to Kanako, and recently aired My Dangerous Wife