Hanna:

Manpuku's heroine has been announced! It's Ando Sakura! (source)

(from the press conference today!)
I'm really surprised, since I'm pretty sure 2006 was the last time we had a heroine over 30!
But I'm really happy for her! And she just had a baby in the summer!
I'm not so familiar with her previous works... has anyone seen any of her movies or dramas? 

That's great! She's kinda "underated" let's said. she  more like in movie rather than tv work

I'd seen 100 yen love  which driven by her performance and also quiet impressive in love exposure.  Friend recommended 0.5 Mm  that sound like the best of her

Hanna:

Manpuku's heroine has been announced! It's Ando Sakura! (source)

(from the press conference today!)
I'm really surprised, since I'm pretty sure 2006 was the last time we had a heroine over 30!
But I'm really happy for her! And she just had a baby in the summer!
I'm not so familiar with her previous works... has anyone seen any of her movies or dramas? 

Wow an older actress, interesting! :D

well, its indeed surprising XD

Is it only me who feels Ando`s casting in the 99th asadora not underwhelming (remember some recent asadoras tend to cast very young actresses whose role spans for entire lifetime lol) but not exciting as well. She is extremely overpowered for something like asadora heroine, but I think her casting here is to counterbalance the hype from Suzu`s upcoming 100th asadora. Imagine if the 99th uses less-known actresses as heroine, it would`ve been completely overshadowed even before both aired!

On side note, if someone at the very top of acting career like Ando possible to be yanked to act in asadora, it`s meant that almost every actress plying trade in the geinoukai could be possible to be heroine as well, no matter how critically-acclaimed they are/have been (unless the acting is so unredeemable of course).

lontongstroong:

Is it only me who feels Ando`s casting in the 99th asadora not underwhelming (remember some recent asadoras tend to cast very young actresses whose role spans for entire lifetime lol) but not exciting as well. She is extremely overpowered for something like asadora heroine, but I think her casting here is to counterbalance the hype from Suzu`s upcoming 100th asadora. Imagine if the 99th uses less-known actresses as heroine, it would`ve been completely overshadowed even before both aired!

On side note, if someone at the very top of acting career like Ando possible to be yanked to act in asadora, it`s meant that almost every actress plying trade in the geinoukai could be possible to be heroine as well, no matter how critically-acclaimed they are/have been (unless the acting is so unredeemable of course).

Nice point about the counterbalance. Im totally agree with you, nhk definitely wont want a let down warming up

Actually following previous asadora, it's not always young actress -the most case- . There's time like they cast machiko ono at her prime age or even complete foreigner. 

My gosh, so hard to quote multiple comments :(((

I second your opinion, she has so much quality in her acting and I think it`s the type of face NHK likes. 

surfaktan:

No, not at all.  Very disorganized is way exaggerating word imo - and it's not like nhk handle this stuff just yesterday

I would love they'll cast ryoko fujino in the future. The kid has so much potential, even beyond hana sugisaki, imo

what asadora will ando play? 

XD

dark asadora maybe? XD

A new poster for Hanbun Aoi.

Simplifica:

what asadora will ando play? 

XD

dark asadora maybe? XD

Haha why the dark one? xD

Planning to watch my first Asadora, which one should I go with?

I do not want something too heavy.  Something with a little romance would be good and not too much drama.

Any suggestions?

Oohh, something I can find online with english subs would be superb. (~_^)

ReikaBleu:

Planning to watch my first Asadora, which one should I go with?

I do not want something too heavy.  Something with a little romance would be good and not too much drama.

Any suggestions?

Oohh, something I can find online with english subs would be superb. (~_^)

I think that most of Asadoras are light, there are touching and sad moments but I think they try to make them positive in general. Try Mare, I haven't watched it but people praised the romance.

I want the trailer for Half, Blue!!! :(

Ceki:

I want the trailer for Half, Blue!!! :(

Is this the one with Takeru?

ReikaBleu:

Is this the one with Takeru?

Yeah, they still haven't released the trailer!

Announced today: Hoshino Gen will sing the theme song for Hanbun, Aoi! I'm SO excited!!
His recent drama soundtracks have been "Family Song" for Kahogo no Kahoko and "Koi" for Nigeru wa Haji da ga Yaku ni Tatsu.
(Source)

I'm so excited for this drama to finally start!!!