I knew that the part of the story in ep 9 was my least favorite that's why I hardly enjoyed it.
goldenseal50 wrote: lol OHani thought she had a chance with the hottest guy in school, when she gave him that letter....that says high self esteem to me..

Most goals worth going after meet failure several times before you achieve them.....

And who made you the goal judge? lol People choose all sorts of weird shit for goals...I think a girl picking a man as a goal is pretty normal.

as for Love In Toyko...episode 9 was soooo boring.

LOL! I made me goal judge. That is the beauty of being a viewer. I get to feel and think about this drama anyway I want. And while I see your point about having the overies to give a guy a love letter you wrote equals some self esteem, I still watched that whole drama not seeing much more of it from her. I agree with your point about a girl picking a man as a goal is pretty normal. I did it myself. but.... I won't elaborate on where I draw the line with that because you already know how I feel about Oh Ha Ni. I've been very vocal and we'll always disagree on her. And also, I actually am not much of a woman's libber at all... and I am a total romantic fool. (I saw your comment under the post on the feed and wondered if you meant me.??)

I simply found the Kdrama portrayal of her very hard to take. I am watching this Jversion and am able to tolerate the character much more. and I also agree that Ep 9 was a bit boring. They need to pick up the pace.

How many episodes is this?
boutux wrote: i understand all that but even if it's a drama seeing a good girl like that mistreated doesn't sit well with me. i still want to punch irie in the face. during the tennis training epi i got so pissed. couldn't he see the bruises on her skin, didn't he realise that he was pushing her too hard? he just didn't care. picking her up when she inevitably got injured didn't seem romantic to me at all. and if i was her father the moment i saw the bruises on her leg irie would have gotten a bruise on his face. the entire time i was watching the anime i kept asking myself why i was watching it. i actually hoped she would get over him and move on with kin. i don't watch kdramas but if i did and it is as bad as you guys say and its worse than the anime i wouldn't be able to complete it. at least this one has a semi respectable kotoko and it's funny which makes me able to sit through watching a girl throw herself at a man who doesn't deserve her

The Irie in this version got the most mercy with Kotoko. In all the other versions( only one I didn't watch was the anime) Irie was in diffrent to her feelings up to the confession part.

At least he really enjoys being with Kotoko at times. He may not show it to Kotoko, but he cares for her.

I'm all for Irie in this version.

Jeaniessi wrote: Oh Ha Ni was a sad no self esteem stalker. Her only goal or direction in life was chasing after a guy who mostly ignored and treated her like crap. If she would have showed any desires and direction for her life other than chasing after a boy I could maybe buy into the view she was a girl who knew what she wanted and went after it. I have a daughter and I would chain her to a chair if she acted like Oh Ha Ni...or allowed herself to keep chasing after a boy who showed no interest...again and again and again and again.

Oh Ha Ni was a sour in the eye. She was so aggressive in all her doing. Just as if she kind of got stuck on her goal (get Irie forgot his korean name).

Playfull Kiss was the worst in displaying Irie and Kotoko/ Oh Ha Ni wasn't that naive innocent girl she should be.

Aphrodity wrote: I admit, this is way better than the original Japanese version but it can never beat the Taiwanese version no matter how I see it.
Sorry my beloved Japan, I know I betrayed you a little but it's the truth.

The tversion was on a diffrent caliber. Ariel Lin did a great job.
Jeaniessi wrote:
How many episodes is this?

16. But I read on a message board that the last three episodes might be specials. Not sure, though! Might be a rumour.
samsoons wrote: 16. But I read on a message board that the last three episodes might be specials. Not sure, though! Might be a rumour.

No, the drama has 16 episodes, no specials. What you heard is a rumor.
Mickey wrote: No, the drama has 16 episodes, no specials. What you heard is a rumor.

Oh, okay. Thank you for clarifying :)
Things picked up in episode 10. Probably my favourite episode ever since the drama started. I hope it will keep this pace.
MoonLight wrote: Things picked up in episode 10. Probably my favourite episode ever since the drama started. I hope it will keep this pace.

Agreed. I really liked ep 10.
MoonLight wrote: Things picked up in episode 10. Probably my favourite episode ever since the drama started. I hope it will keep this pace.

Jeaniessi wrote: Agreed. I really liked ep 10.

You guys made me curious but no, I won't pick this up until it finishes airing.
CheerfulSoul wrote: You guys made me curious but no, I won't pick this up until it finishes airing.

LOL, I understand. Sometimes I wish I was more patient and marathoned more dramas. Or if not marathon...at least have the freedom of watching as many eps as I want and not have to wait until the next one comes out. I don't know if I would exactly put this drama in that catagory but dramas like NINE were hard to watch while airing!
Jeaniessi wrote: LOL, I understand. Sometimes I wish I was more patient and marathoned more dramas. Or if not marathon...at least have the freedom of watching as many eps as I want and not have to wait until the next one comes out. I don't know if I would exactly put this drama in that catagory but dramas like NINE were hard to watch while airing!

This drama is on hold ever since ep 8 because I know the whole story and there's no need to stress myself with slow episodes over something I already know.

Oh My, Nine! That drama was pure awesomeness! Why did you bring it Jeanie? You made me want to steal picks at it again. Now, that's a drama that I felt torture while waiting for the next ep to come out. One word: Shamazing!
Ep 11 wasn't what I wanted but I felt bad for Kin-chan; he was more pitiful than the ones from other versions. Also, they really need to fasten things up.
I enjoyed watching this just like the other versions... one thing is for sure, i don't get irritated with the female lead...^^
I liked episode 11, one my many favorite parts of the story. Yeah Kin-chan kinda brakes your heart more than in the other for sure, probably because Kotoko and him show more of a relationship than the others. I wish she whacked Irie more/ harder with the tennis racket.
^^ i wish i could like ur psot jacqueline. kin is adorable