I swore to myself that I wouldn't start this drama until it was at least half way done. Unfortunately, I've loved this series for years now. I loved it in anime form, semi-loved the korean version (they were so awkward as a couple) and was absolutely obsessed with the Taiwanese version. Anyways, I watched all 4 episodes today and I'm happy to say that it did not disappoint. The characters are so cute! Even though the series is just getting started you can already see the subtle hints of Naoki's developing feelings towards Kotoko. Naoki really is like a little kid when it comes to expressing himself. It's so adorable. So far this version is definitely better than the Korean version. I'll try not to compare this version to the Taiwanese version. After all, the Taiwanese version had 50 episodes total (still wish there more than that) and this version only ha 16 episodes so a comparison between the 2 seems somewhat unfair .... A month from now I bet i'll be comparing ever minute detail of this j-drama with the Taiwanese version lol. Can't wait until the next episode. It's so funny, I've seen this series so many times so I already know the story line and all the major events that will take place. Despite this, I still look forward to the writer's and actors' interpretation of the events. I love how this version is really making the drama their own. I just hope that they don't lose momentum and end up falling flat as the drama progresses.
This is much better than the old Japanese version and even the Korean one. I am curious if they will take the story to marriage.
I just don't understand what you guys are seeing in this show...I am literally bored and pull up facebook while this show is playing. I loved both the Korean and Taiwanese versions. This version is bland and boring.
Hmmm, the kiss wasn't what I expected but that the way Jpaanese do things, Taiwanese was more steamy, as very steamy.
I love, love. love Kotoko!
Aphrodity wrote: Hmmm, the kiss wasn't what I expected but that the way Japanese do things, Taiwanese was more steamy, as very steamy.

Totally agree!
Aphrodity wrote: Hmmm, the kiss wasn't what I expected but that the way Jpaanese do things, Taiwanese was more steamy, as very steamy.

I completely agree on the kiss lacking. :(
The thing is the girl is only 16 in real life and the male is a lot older, so maybe that has something to do with it.
Plus it was her first kiss + she's in High School.
It was innocent and I liked it.

The only annoying part was that it was at the corner of her face haha, it wasn't exactly a lip-2-lip action, but meh.
I wasn't expecting anything steamy from this version, I still think it's wrong to cast a 16 years old girl, I mean the story has a part with marriage and everything, if it will keep up this way then it's going to be a problem.
MoonLight wrote: I wasn't expecting anything steamy from this version, I still think it's wrong to cast a 16 years old girl, I mean the story has a part with marriage and everything, if it will keep up this way then it's going to be a problem.

YES! That's what I am saying.
MoonLight wrote: I wasn't expecting anything steamy from this version, I still think it's wrong to cast a 16 years old girl, I mean the story has a part with marriage and everything, if it will keep up this way then it's going to be a problem.

goldenseal50 wrote: YES! That's what I am saying.

It's true that I like the drama but I agree with you two.
Is it true that there won't be an ep this week? I hope it's just a rumor.
Where did you hear this?
They said that there's a special broadcast in Japan on May the 3rd so the 6th ep will be aired on May the 10th.
Mickey wrote: They said that there's a special broadcast in Japan on May the 3rd so the 6th ep will be aired on May the 10th.

Yeah, then there probably won't be :'( .
Mickey wrote: They said that there's a special broadcast in Japan on May the 3rd so the 6th ep will be aired on May the 10th.

Yeah.. It's true. We'll have to wait a whole week! AGAIN! I'm traumatized. I'll probably have to just rewatch some of the episodes, hehe.