The only change I notice is there is not enough grounded to reality dramas like before it seems nowadays most dramas are adapted to mangas not enough adapted to novel type of dramas. The direction is still the same and the plot, maybe you should branch out and watch different genre aside from popular romance dramas, those shots and plots still exist you just need to find them cause most of them are underrated, WOWOW dramas for example.

pash:

I kinda agree with you, I've also noticed this...I call it the "westernification/hollywoodization of the j-drama scene" (before anyone jumps at my throat, I'm a Westerner myself, so no hate speech there, LOL). Too much focus on "coolness", direction, photography...and too little focus on story&dialogues. Luckily, this doesn't regard ALL j-dramas, but just a part. The good stuff is still there!

Where? i can't find nothing anymore:(

realdeal:

The only change I notice is there is not enough grounded to reality dramas like before it seems nowadays most dramas are adapted to mangas not enough adapted to novel type of dramas. The direction is still the same and the plot, maybe you should branch out and watch different genre aside from popular romance dramas, those shots and plots still exist you just need to find them cause most of them are underrated, WOWOW dramas for example.

i almost doesn't watch japanese or korean any more, it's rare...i'm into thai bl and it s going trough changes also for bad direction couse they use the wave and popularity to promote advertising and not any real story..it's hapnning all over, romance is just dying genre...i guess

@J100 (sorry but atm I can't post links nor quotes):

With the premise that personally I'm not focused only (actually, not even significantly) on romance dramas (as a matter of fact, I really love the variety of themes traditionally provided by j-dramas), out of the last 3/4 years, here's a top10 of dorama I've found absolutely brilliant (in reverse chronological order), I hope you'll be able to find something to your liking:

3-nen A-gumi - Ima kara, Mina-san wa Hitojichi desu

Ore no Hanashi ga Nagai

Confidence Man JP

Seigi no Se

Koi suru Hong Kong

Saki ni Umareta Dake no Boku

Tsubaki Bunguten

Kazoku no Katachi

Juhan Shuttai!

Otoko Meshi

pash:

@J100 (sorry but atm I can't post links nor quotes):

With the premise that personally I'm not focused only (actually, not even significantly) on romance dramas (as a matter of fact, I really love the variety of themes traditionally provided by j-dramas), out of the last 3/4 years, here's a top10 of dorama I've found absolutely brilliant (in reverse chronological order), I hope you'll be able to find something to your liking:

3-nen A-gumi - Ima kara, Mina-san wa Hitojichi desu

Ore no Hanashi ga Nagai

Confidence Man JP

Seigi no Se

Koi suru Hong Kong

Saki ni Umareta Dake no Boku

Tsubaki Bunguten

Kazoku no Katachi

Juhan Shuttai!

Otoko Meshi

thank you, yes japanese have amazing dramas, but i'm not interested in other than romance and now even not sure in general tv, i'm slowly stop watching everything , and i starting to understand more and more about the films industry in every state, i know already every govrement involve and they do not hide it, but  Japan is somehow stay "conservative" in some way,   it's pretty clear that *now* not only the govrement involve but now it's very very dark powerful people that maybe investing and funding the industry, it's not only in japan, but they spreading in Asia in general, i balme netfilx, netflix i'm sure almost 80% that involve, netflix are connected to fox, and in top of that disney,  it can't be ingnored any more!they ruined asia films, they just make them fall apart slowley to lose their identity. any more and i can give you evidence of it.

you have to watch the first episode, but you also can see the poster..do you understand that it have hint what will be next?! hint: coffe and vanila

https://mydramalist.com/57565-m-ai-subeki-hito-ga-ite 

2/

https://mydramalist.com/54595-nibiiro-no-hako-no-naka-de 

what do you think is here? also the same...what do you see in the poster? look on youtube on the clips it's enough to understand

and here they are only TEENS!!!!!!!!do you get it???????

the best in your face example

https://mydramalist.com/52625-raise-de-wa-chanto-shimasu 

what there is to say here??????

do you get it now?????