and Kawaikochan by saying "the right effect on you" I didnt mean that in the wrong way... I hope you dont misunderstand. I just realized it might sound a bit to arrogant (the bad side of online communication lol)
This drama is just one of the best dramas ever made in Japan. Period.

And LUNA SEA's song is just so fitting for this amazing drama.
I know what you mean NinaJade82, it's true that society is to blame for the pressure and all, but everyone is responsible for their own actions. Drug dealers and murderers can also sometimes look like society's victims, but they still go to jail...
This drama show how easy an underaged girl can prostitute herself, that's it is not something hard to do. This drama is a good warning for that matter.

But there is also one thing about this drama that I really loved (apart from Takeshi Kaneshiro doing a wonderful job) is the music. There is always good OST in sad drama (in case the actors are not good enough to make the audience cry). This drama had a beautiful OST

NinaJade82 wrote: Well... this is the actual premise of the story, so without this, there is no story.

There is a story to be told that does not involve a fairy tale and has been told multiple times by several different people. I understand why they may have chosen not to go that route for artistic reasons, but it doesn't make it any more believable. There's nothing wrong with fairy tales, but I think we can't change that fact by simply including a serious subject matter. Furthermore, we won't change or influence the actions of people engaged in dangerous activities by showing them that their gamble could result in such a fantastic result. Even the MTV reality show Teen Mom, which follows teenagers who got pregnant in an attempt to show their hardships, has encouraged young girls to make the decision to get pregnant in order to be on TV, get paid significantly, end up on the covers of magazines and become mini-celebrities. I actually don't really have a problem with this drama being a fairy tale, but I do think it needs to be viewed as such.

My biggest problem with the drama is the main character. She's annoying, and I got tired of her being immature. I realize that she's young, but when you have experiences in your life like she does, you have to grow up to some extent (not overnight, but you have to grow up a little faster). I felt like the story line continued to paint her as a victim when not only did she make her own choices (for what I think were superficial reasons), but she doesn't regret them because it sets her on this fairy tale path. I also think if she was more mature, I would be more willing to buy her romantic relationship. Ultimately, the character's lack of depth and originality bored me. However, the exact opposite is true of Keigo. His character is wonderfully complex in the ways you've described. I also think both of the main actors did a good job.

Like Juniko said, it does a great job of showing how easily people make decisions that can ruin their whole lives. Hopefully it helped some people realize they shouldn't judge others so harshly. We all make mistakes, and sometimes they are huge ones. That alone doesn't mean we're evil or less than anyone else. We are not defined by one act, even if the consequences of that act follow us for a lifetime.
Kawaikochan wrote:

Like Juniko said, it does a great job of showing how easily people make decisions that can ruin their whole lives. Hopefully it helped some people realize they shouldn't judge others so harshly. We all make mistakes, and sometimes they are huge ones. That alone doesn't mean we're evil or less than anyone else. We are not defined by one act, even if the consequences of that act follow us for a lifetime.

AND I aso agree with this message because it is what i think of the story as well. Let this be the message of the story for us!!! :D
Also I think what you said about fairy tales was convincing, I understood your point better this time, and you are right. One drama that has no fairy tale story and its completely amazing is Soredemo Ikite Yuku.

WOW Kawaikochan, I didn't know teens were doing something soooo darn stupid. Well you know... there are ignorance in the world plenty, and TV shows (not all of them... I repeat, NOT ALL OF THEM) feed that ignorance more and more.
HAVA-RAVA wrote: This drama is just one of the best dramas ever made in Japan. Period.

And LUNA SEA's song is just so fitting for this amazing drama.

"I For You" I'm So tempted to posted here!!!! XD
NinaJade82 wrote: One drama that has no fairy tale story and its completely amazing is Soredemo, Ikite Yuku.

I agree, I've just completed it and I already miss it. Those 11 weeks were full ofd emotion thanks to this wonderful drama, and the acting....GOD, THIS ACTING !!!! An true, no fairy tales, just real life. We even understand why Boy A did...what he did (even if we don't forgive it, we get to have an idea of why he did it)
Oh...Watching this now and found this thread:)

I just have a question...Something that's bothering me...
How come Misaki got infected? She done it just once with the stranger..
while Keigo was negative
?
darkangel662008 wrote: Oh...Watching this now and found this thread:)

I just have a question...Something that's bothering me...
How come Misaki got infected? She done it just once with the stranger..
while Keigo was negative
?

well, *wasn't the stranger got infected already, so she got it from him?
not sure, but maybe got infected or not is like getting a baby...you may got it or not when you do that..
huge difference is one is bad thing and another one is a good thing.. :P

anyway, I was a huge fan of Takeshi Kaneshiro back then when I watched this drama, so I enjoyed this a lot..
I think I've rewatched this drama again few years ago..not enjoyed it as much as I did before, but still enjoyable, imo.. ^^
soracantabile wrote: well, *wasn't the stranger got infected already, so she got it from him?
not sure, but maybe got infected or not is like getting a baby...you may got it or not when you do that..
huge difference is one is bad thing and another one is a good thing.. :P

anyway, I was a huge fan of Takeshi Kaneshiro back then when I watched this drama, so I enjoyed this a lot..
I think I've rewatched this drama again few years ago..not enjoyed it as much as I did before, but still enjoyable, imo.. ^^

Ah...I really thought that if you've done it with an infected person you will automatically get infected*nod*.
I'm on episode 4..so I still don't know if I will like it as much as everyone..Or it can make me cry:)
I haven't had a good cry for a long time..

I also like Kaneshiro..But his eyes are bugging me..His eyes here are different than when I saw him in other dramas/movies.
And I hate his shade..It don't suit him:(
^ oh...I didn't cry when I watched this drama.. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't that sad for me to make me cry...I think..because what I remember, first time I cried for jdrama was for 1LOT, and this drama was years before that..:P
soracantabile wrote: ^
oh...I didn't cry when I watched this drama..
I enjoyed it, but it wasn't that sad for me to make me cry...I think..because what I remember, first time I cried for jdrama was for 1LOT, and this drama was years before that..:P

Oh.. I like 1LOT too..
I'm getting pissed off at Masaki!!!
Just started this drama!
Someone tell me: Does he get infected, too? Or is he the one infecting her?