can i join pleaseeeeee?

zendra:

can i join pleaseeeeee?

Yep, you don't have to do anything particular to be a member. But it's more fun if you're active here (^‿^)

i'll be, thank you

I'd like to join this club as well.
Even though I'm (mostly) new to asian live-action stuff, I've watched quite a few Japanese dramas and movies (I branched out from anime - that I'm a more experienced watcher of -, so I was already used to watching japanese stuff, and just kinda started watching stuff with actors as well).
My favorite genres are slice-of-life (a preference that apparently carried over from my anime watching), which seems to be encountered quite a bit in Jdrama, and action, for which tokusatsu (again mostly Japanese) hits the spot, and it even often feels like live-action anime (though I have to say that, for whatever reason, action scenes in live-action format get me more hyped up than anime equivalents).
As for Japanese stuff I'm watching rn, I'm watching Haru to Ao no Obento Bako; it has a nice vibe to it, and also shows Japanese food (obviously), which I quite like seeing as well. My only slight complaint is that this Ao person is supposed to be more androgynous (at least judging from the manga cover), and I feel this isn't conveyed by the actor, as he looks more on the male side to me - but that's just a niggle I guess. And I also have a few tokusatsu lined up for watching soon, and will decide which I'll watch based on my mood.

I know I already posted in this thread way back too but I'd like to join as well. The banners and badges are cute btw! 

RandomUsagi:

I know I already posted in this thread way back too but I'd like to join as well. The banners and badges are cute btw! 

ofc sunshine

Guys, where can I watch such specials and spinoffs that are almost impossible to find on the internet?

Chain Story Omameda Towako wo Shiranai Otokotachi (2021) - MyDramaList 

River Cloud:

Guys, where can I watch such specials and spinoffs that are almost impossible to find on the internet?

Chain Story Omameda Towako wo Shiranai Otokotachi (2021) - MyDramaList 

I looked into the show. It seems to be released on Netflix but I assume since you're asking here that they don't have the special there. 

So for these cases you had best check in with the original fansubber of the show (On Twitter: @machikomomo14) They uploaded their subs on d-addicts according to their post about episode 1 fansub. Now for this site you need an account so I can't help you further with that since I never made one myself.  In any case, with some searching mayby you will find subs for that specific spinoff from the same fansubber who did the original show. Alternatively you can ask them on their Twitter. 

I usually assume most fansubbers make softsubs. So you'll likely have to find the raw video file for the spinoff yourself. I can't really help you with that one but just google something like how to find jdrama raws ect.. Once you have the raw video file you can add the subs with a program like VLC media player depending on the file-type of course. 

Yeah its a struggle but that's sometimes how it goes with jdramas if it's less known. 

@RandomUsagi

Damn that's a lot of work indeed. Thankyou so much for figuring out about the fansubber. I'll check it out too ^^

It's sad story about Jdramas. And this one is even on Netflix. I've noticed on Viki that they even upload these side story episodes along with the original. Wish Netflix would've done that.

This is my most favourite quote from any drama or movie yet:

"I don't believe someone who has passed away has left things undone.

Past, Present, Future. These are concepts made by people. But time isn't something that passes by. Rather, it exists in multiple locations.

Whether at 10, 20, 30, or 40 years.....they still exist in those moments. So if she gave you a smile at the age of 10, her smile still exists in that moment."

From Omameda Towako to Sannin no Motootto (2021) 

Hello everyone, I'd like to join in as well!

ofcodeskeys:

Hello everyone, I'd like to join in as well!

Welcome!!!

Old_Anime_Lady:

Welcome!!!

Thank you!

Hi, I'd also like to be a member.  :)