Title: ライアーゲーム
Title (English): LIAR GAME
Format: Renzoku
Genre: Psychological thriller
Broadcast network: Fuji TV

How it all starts:
Kanzaki Nao is an honest college student who receives a hundred million yen one day, along with a card saying she has been chosen to take part in the "Liar Game". The aim of the game is to trick the other players out of their hundred million dollars. At the end, the winner gets the hundred million and the loser is a hundred million yen in debt. The next day, she receives notification that her opponent is her former teacher, Fujisawa Kazuo. She goes to him, seeking help, but ends up getting tricked into handing her money over. Desperate, she approaches the police for help, but they are unable to do anything. However, she is told of a mastermind swindler, Akiyama Shinichi, who is to be released from jail the next day. Desperate, she goes to him for help. [Wikiaddicts]

The Players
(There are more, but I'll just add some of them since it would make the list eternally long)

Toda Erika as Kanzaki Nao
Matsuda Shota as Akiyama Shinichi
Suzuki Kosuke as Fukunaga Yuji

The Liar Game series include two seasons, one released movie, and another one is in the works.

Liar Game Season 1
Liar Game Season 2
Liar Game: The Final Stage
Liar Game: Reborn
Liar Game: Reborn Special

Liar Game Reborn Trailer:
Brilliant drama! My first true obsession.
I love everything about it: the flashy colours, the disquieting music, the theatrical atmosphere, the eccentric clothes and the intriguing games. And I love the faCt that although all the characters - with the exception of Nao and Akiyama - are driven by greed, each one has a totally different way to deal with it.
As for Shota, I think enough has been said about him lately. He's a great actor, very versatile. And a true eye-candy. Do we need more?

:D
amrita828 wrote: Brilliant drama! My first true obsession.
I love everything about it: the flashy colours, the disquieting music, the theatrical atmosphere, the eccentric clothes and the intriguing games. And I love the faCt that although all the characters - with the exception of Nao and Akiyama - are driven by greed, each one has a totally different way to deal with it.
As for Shota, I think enough has been said about him lately. He's a great actor, very versatile. And a true eye-candy. Do we need more?

:D

I'm glad that I can take credit for suggesting this to you after the harsh You're Beautiful lecture you just gave me, lol.

I agree with everything amrita said, and I loved how thrilling Liar Game was. Can I even count how many times chills ran down my spine when Nao was met with sudden doom? I also loved the soundtrack. And I love how every episode of Liar Game was better than the last.
SayItAintSoJoe wrote: I'm glad that I can take credit for suggesting this to you after the harsh You're Beautiful lecture you just gave me, lol.

LOL, you're going to make me pay for it, aren't you? ;);)
well im new to the franchise :p
I stayed up until 7am (yes i did) to watch LG yday. Except for a few notable exceptions i never hold out much hope for sequels is season 2 worth watching? oh & theres a movie too?
Jajaja, I went to bed when I saw it was 4-5 am and the last ep was two hours long...lol

Rain, it gets better. You should give it a try.
ok season 2 here i come lol is that the right order or is the film first ?
Yes, season 2 first and then the movie.
You are welcome. :D
haha, LG is badass addicting; everything about it.
Why do I feel like I want to slap Nao?
jeanie65jh wrote: Why do I feel like I want to slap Nao?

That is a perfectly normal thing to feel...I wanted to punch her a few times myself....lol
starting the final episode now.
i wanted to punch her. no one is that goody goody to the point of looking like they don't have a functioning brain. how many times was she called baaakaaaa!! in the 1st series. i'm sure akiyama thought about putting himself out his misery every time he saw that lost or confused expression on her face.