Jeaniessi wrote: LOL! The clothes thing is understandable. How the horses are tacked? you lost me on that one Han-chan. Is there some reason behind this? A certain way the Japanese did things?

/me wonders if I ever thought Han-chan was a protected species?

I am pretty sure that EVERYone did until I clarified... I guess someone asked my gender for some reason back in old MDL and I was like "Uhh... yea, I have jigglies... oh, no. I am not a guy, I just act like one XD" and then that was it.

I love horses and riding horses but it is hard to find information on asian tack. It is much easier to see how horses were tacked in historical reproductions than in books.
update on Raw Watch: No Shota. Seriously though, I suspect since this will be a long one they start out much like a Korean Sauguk and tell some prehistory before they get to the meat. The main character (the drama's namesake) is born and still a kid by the end of episode 1. At least that's what I understand because I watched it without subs and I am woefully ignorant of the Japanese language. I will say it looks interesting to me so I will be watching for subs.
Jeaniessi wrote: update on Raw Watch: No Shota.

Seriously though, I suspect since this will be a long one they start out much like a Korean Sauguk and tell some prehistory before they get to the meat. The main character (the drama's namesake) is born and still a kid by the end of episode 1. At least that's what I understand because I watched it without subs and I am woefully ignorant of the Japanese language. I will say it looks interesting to me so I will be watching for subs.

I imagined as much and as far as I know there are still no subs. :(
I'm bummed about this a little. Okay yes...Shota-kun...but I am also intersted to start watching my first Japanese Historical drama. What is the name for them? Anyway, it's taking forever for subs. I'll be good and watch the other million things I want to watch as I wait.
1 AND 2 are up and subbed at DC!!! Whooop!

another pic of the poo hair!
Jeaniessi wrote: I'm bummed about this a little. Okay yes...Shota-kun...but I am also intersted to start watching my first Japanese Historical drama. What is the name for them? Anyway, it's taking forever for subs. I'll be good and watch the other million things I want to watch as I wait.

This one is called a Taiga.

And maybe I'll start it soon. I'm glad I got to see pictures of Shota-kun before watching the drama or else I would have gone into a catatonic state....lol
Yes, the hair is poo but the face is still sublime. It doesn't bother me much actually! (Yes, that is obsession for you) I'm glad these are ready to watch now. I wonder how many have aired? I've been so anxious and impatient so far but now I think I might let a few more episodes pile up before I dig in. I am hoping once I start I won't want to stop so having a few in the pile will be better for me. It will tide me over until one of Shota's 3 upcoming movies are ready to be viewed. (Yes, that is obsession for you)
There are probably like 5 or 6 episodes out, I'm not sure.
PinkDiamond wrote: C'mon subs!

Jejejeje....We want to be able to reach an episode with Shota! I hope he isn't like in EP. 20....Although, the main lead is "L"...lol
PinkDiamond wrote: Oh, the first two are subbed now. Geez, my line up is already hectic, but I'm going to have to fit this in there somewhere, or take something off...Hmmm....

I like Kenichi Matsuyama, too...so I won't be so put off until Shota shows up. Where is the MDL link? I haven't added this drama yet.

Here you go, http://mydramalist.com/japanese-drama/3173/taira-no-kiyomori

I thought it was in the first post, but it isn't.
PinkDiamond wrote: Thanks, Oori Lis!

De nada.
I think 3 is up now! Nice.