On another note, cast & crew list seems to be updated, and now I'm seeing Big Sister Cui and LI Guang Cai! Even fake Cui Jiu is there lol. Still not seeing the babies though. But I'm not losing hope!

@QueenSpringDay, thank you for providing the novel link, and of course this discussion. I read earlier in the thread that Lu Wen was actually are female lead. But in Chapter 39 they keep referring to LW as a male. I am sort of confused. Here is the link to what I am reading in chapter 39:
https://mydramanovel.com/hidden-charm/jiaocang_chapter-39/

HaifaaM:

@QueenSpringDay, thank you for providing the novel link, and of course this discussion. I read earlier in the thread that Lu Wen was actually are female lead. But in Chapter 39 they keep referring to LW as a male. I am sort of confused. Here is the link to what I am reading in chapter 39:
https://mydramanovel.com/hidden-charm/jiaocang_chapter-39/

That's because the people referring Lu Wen her as male are misinformed about her true identity, including CXZ

CasualCDfan:

That's because the people referring Lu Wen her as male are misinformed about her true identity, including CXZ

That explains it. Thank you!

If Lu Wen is actually Liu Mian Tang, why then the Zi Yu claims he is the bandit leader and the General Shi got the emperor's pardon for him and he's now a free man? Is this aligned to the novel or is it different?

AnastasiaWun:
If Lu Wen is actually Liu Mian Tang, why then the Zi Yu claims he is the bandit leader and the General Shi got the emperor's pardon for him and he's now a free man? Is this aligned to the novel or is it different?

I'm sorry but my understanding of the political machination in this novel is very limited. Besides, they happen mostly in the background of the main couple's story so... I would just direct you to this chapter for clearer explanation ^^;

or maybe @CasualCDfan can help to explain it in a better way?

So, after quick re-read, here are some of my summary of Zi Yu situation.

Zi Yu has royal blood and he once escape a massacre that happened to his family in the royal palace. The pardoning and his marriage to General Shi's daughter are part of a bigger scheme to bring him back to the palace. As to why he's positioning himself as Lu Wen, well, Lu Wen's operation has always been secretive and no one outside Mountain Yang actually knows about her identity (except her uncle, though i don't remember how or why). So now that the real Lu Wen is not present, it's easy to just assume her position cause no one knows anyway.

I hope I'm explaining it well enough, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

May I ask some question again.. Oh I really need to say thank you for this thread :))

These 2 scene in trailer

1. The scene when Liu Mian Tang stab Cui Xing Zhou in waterfall

2. The scene when Liu Mian Tang bite Cui Xing Zhou lips while kissing

When do you think those will happen based on novel? Is it at the time Liu Mian Tang know her so called husband is actually King Huai Yang Cui Xing Zhou? Is it when she has her second amnesia and she thought Cui Xing Zhou is her mortal enemy?

Hi there. I finished review is very beautiful novel. Any recommendations for similar?  thank you.

JoJe:

May I ask some question again.. Oh I really need to say thank you for this thread :))

These 2 scene in trailer

1. The scene when Liu Mian Tang stab Cui Xing Zhou in waterfall

2. The scene when Liu Mian Tang bite Cui Xing Zhou lips while kissing

When do you think those will happen based on novel? Is it at the time Liu Mian Tang know her so called husband is actually King Huai Yang Cui Xing Zhou? Is it when she has her second amnesia and she thought Cui Xing Zhou is her mortal enemy?

1. Although they fought after she regained her bandit memories towards the end, she never stabbed him. They had two serious fights in the novel. One ended with CXZ's defeat and capture, and the other ended with a makeout session in the woods. lol

2. That scene is again a drama invention. But it perfectly captures their love/hate relationship after she becomes Lu Wen. 

Both of these events happen towards the final climax of the story.

Wait, in the novel, it was her legs' tendons that was cut. In the drama, they have changed it to her hands. When I first started the novel, I was so confused why she had a walking stick with her. But since she just got better, I thought it was because of exhaustion, and didn't think much of it since.

I wonder if they gonna pull the second amnesia  plot in the drama lol, but that would be too much XD. It seems like we wouldn't see the little one in this drama until the end since I don't see any character description for a child. Maybe it won't happen, but instead she will regain her full memory very very early as around ep 15-20. The picture next to the episode schedule gave us som hints. A life vast, someone probably fell into the water. In the trailer, I saw Miantang in water. A bathtub, the bathtub scene with Xingzhou pulling Miantang into the bathtub in his private tent. It would be that his lord status is finally revealed to her. A bloody hairpin, yeah.. I think we all know which scene is that lol. Then a cloak, alright guys, our "Lu Wen" is finally back.

Also, I haven't reached the part where they explain it in the novel yet, but what's up with Miantang converting 30,000 taels of gold? Was that the military fund for Liu Yu to overthrow the emperor? I figured that they probably wanted to use Yang Shan as a military base and train soliders. Since Yang Shan is a "bandit's mountain", it wouldn't be too suspicious if there are a lot of people with too much activities. Being the leader that she is, she refused to cooperate and found ways to hide the 30,000 taels away, resulting in them getting rid of her.

Hi! Idk why i didn't get any notif after i wrote my previous reply but anyway,

Fujihara Tomomi:
Wait, in the novel, it was her legs' tendons that was cut. In the drama, they have changed it to her hands. When I first started the novel, I was so confused why she had a walking stick with her. But since she just got better, I thought it was because of exhaustion, and didn't think much of it since.

Oh, what I remember was all her limbs tendons got cut, so both her hands and legs. But I might remember it wrong.

Fujihara Tomomi:
I wonder if they gonna pull the second amnesia plot in the drama lol, but that would be too much XD

I would riot if they cut the second amnesia tbh. WIth the second amnesia, we would have CXZ deal with both version, Miantang the dutiful wife and Luwen the crafty bandit. At the very least, it should come out in the epilogue.

Fujihara Tomomi:
Also, I haven't reached the part where they explain it in the novel yet, but what's up with Miantang converting 30,000 taels of gold?

Someone else is siphoning the money but they're pointing fingers at Miantang; it's part of the reason why Miantang and Ziyu broke up. Well, Miantang did hide some money but she did it so those people can not steal it, and Ziyu actually knows about this hidden account. Again, this is all as far as I remember but please correct me if I'm wrong.

They only give notif when someone quoted your comment. I can't quote long comment like it was on my laptop.

Oh, what I remember was all her limbs tendons got cut, so both her hands and legs. But I might remember it wrong.

Ohh I see, yikes... I can't imagine the pain... I felt so bad for her when she ran towards CXZ's carriage even though she hasn't fully recovered yet and hurt her legs, but her excitement made the pain bearable. Her leaning against his carriage to support her body, and how she excited wanted to cook crabs for him. Ohh god, my pure baby ToT

I would riot if they cut the second amnesia tbh. WIth the second amnesia, we would have CXZ deal with both version, Miantang the dutiful wife and Luwen the crafty bandit. At the very least, it should come out in the epilogue.

The drama adaptation in Cdramaland is known to change a lot of stuff, I can't bet my money on this drama script writers lol. (But they actually made the ML more likable and adorable in the drama lol, he's so funny.) I'm currently at Ch 22 and I saw people say not so good stuff about the ML further down the line lol. We'll see if they actually include the second amnesia or not, but of course we'll see him dealing the bandit Lu Wen soon lol, the lip biting kiss, the hairpin stabbing, etc. We're almost there lol. Also, I have seen enough Cdrama to guess which scene was supposed to be the ending. And I don't see any children of their bruh!!! I've seen some leaks photos of some children, but they are too old to be their children lol and they were wearing normal clothes not expensive robes or anything. We probably not gonna get to see the little ones ;-;.

Someone else is siphoning the money but they're pointing fingers at Miantang; it's part of the reason why Miantang and Ziyu broke up. Well, Miantang did hide some money but she did it so those people can not steal it, and Ziyu actually knows about this hidden account. Again, this is all as far as I remember but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Ohh that's interesting!! I guess this someone is probably Sui Wang. Also, I saw people said Sui Wang is Miantang's uncle? Was he also the one who had her tendons cut off? If so, why though? Dude's ruthless enough to kill his own niece. In the drama, we saw Miantang walked in on Ziyu and Yunniang (?) (Was it her? I couldn't see clearly.) and got the wrong idea that Ziyu was cheating? That's why they had a fall out with each other? There might be more to it since that's just one of her memories.

Fujihara Tomomi:
I've seen some leaks photos of some children, but they are too old to be their children lol and they were wearing normal clothes not expensive robes or anything. We probably not gonna get to see the little ones ;-;.

Where??? Them wearing civilian clothes still makes sense if they're following the novel, cause at some point they'll go to a second war where they're going to live a very humble life with the first child.

Fujihara Tomomi:
Also, I saw people said Sui Wang is Miantang's uncle? Was he also the one who had her tendons cut off? If so, why though?

Nope. Sui Wang is Yunniang's godfather (her dad and Sui Wang declared themselves as bros). Yunniang asked for his help to get rid of Lu Wen and he agreed because she did hindering his schemes. But at that point he didn't actually know who she is. After he got to know Miantang, he even tried to take her as concubine! This character is so disgusting I kid you not.

Fujihara Tomomi:
we saw Miantang walked in on Ziyu and Yunniang (?) (Was it her? I couldn't see clearly.) and got the wrong idea that Ziyu was cheating? That's why they had a fall out with each other?

This is also correct. Many things was quite unclear about the past cause it only came out in bits and pieces in the novel. There is no structured flashback that actually gives us clear picture of the whole situation. Again, usual disclaimer was that this is just as fas as I can remember ^^;

Also, I got my notifs back. I think it's on my watched topic so it should show up regardless. But it's email notifications so something might happen along the way.