Katelyn Arshi:

Ok. I see. Thank you @Period_addict

you are welcome

Is it mentioned in the novel why Si Gujian killed his own family except for his brother? 

Si  GuJian (SGJ) was considered a dumb kid when young and was bullied by his family, except for younger brother Ying Zi. When Ye Qing Me (YQM) was in Dongyi, she came across SGJ, pitied him, and taught him grandmaster skills. (I believe she also taught Ying Zi some skills.)  In revenge for his being bullied, SGJ killed his entire family except Ying ZI, who was nonetheless badly hurt.  The rest of the world believes he went crazy. 

Chen Peng Peng saved Ying Zi, who in gratitude became the Lord Shadow for CPP’s Overwatch  council.   Lord Shadow has sworn revenge against SGJ.

in remorse, SGJ has sworn to defend/protect Dongyi  from any invading force. 

h t:

Is it mentioned in the novel why Si Gujian killed his own family except for his brother? 

His brother was young when he killed their entire family, which included hundreds of people. Despite this, he was the only one who did not bully him. He never forgave his brother for the tragic event, and even when his brother was dying and eventually passed away, he came to Dongyi but they never reconciled.

Si GuJian pulled a Itachi. Hhaha..

He did lmao.

The commenters above are correct on sigu jeans backstory, I'd just add that at 9th level he initially tried to kill his family then YQM stopped him. Then she left the city to go to qing,he massacred his family and became a grandmaster from it

Spewatches:

He did lmao.

The commenters above are correct on sigu jeans backstory, I'd just add that at 9th level he initially tried to kill his family then YQM stopped him. Then she left the city to go to qing,he massacred his family and became a grandmaster from it

yes. he waited for her departure to do it.

@period_addict what u under the pond in YQM old house?

Kay4ever:

@period_addict what u under the pond in YQM old house?

It is not under the pond. It is a secret room behind a wall, underground. The pond is for visual TV effects ;)

Thanks for the response what in there than @period_addict

Kay4ever:

Thanks for the response what in there than @period_addict

extract :)

For Fan Xian, this secret passage was very familiar. Many years ago, after he had opened the chest, Uncle Wu Zhu had once brought him to Taiping Courtyard. They had followed this passage to find the bullets necessary for the burning stick.

Step by step, he walked down as if entering the netherworld. In reality, it was only a secret room 29 feet beneath the ground. The room was clean and tidy. It did not have any decorations or treasures other than a few chairs and a few coffins.

(*) burning stick = riffle

foolishp:

I have seen mentions of the emperor being killed by Wu Zhu with his laser eyes, and then by Chen Ping Ping with the gun on his wheelchair. And now, Ruo Ruo? 

No. I think the emperor Qing killed CPP first. That trigger FX to eliminate the emperor with WZ help

ArbazAkhtar__HOD:

After getting opinions from novel readers

What I have came to the conclusion is that season 2 could have been an absolute beast in terms of sequel.. I heard from novel readers they skipped lots of good action etc also they rushed the arcs.. The ruthlessness was reduced..both secondary char wise and also for Fan xian. The brutality scale also. As someone who haven't read novel properly or those who haven't read at all for them this season is still very good...but i am kinda sad that this could have been a mega blockbuster at an even higher scale

I am hoping they would redeem this in s3 and not try to rush it nd won't forget about the dark/intense atmosphere of novel

I think probably it's because it's Chinese drama and some rules on censorship because of the viewers. If the brutality is high it might result to certain things. If it was an American series they might increase the brutality to 60% I think. Just my opinion though. But I want them to make Fan xian more and more of the novel

How do you explain the difference between S1 and S2?
from a novel lover reader perspective, I loved S1 and disliked S2.  The magic and wow factor in S1, inexistant in S2. Same actors, same screenwriter, different art director… same censorship too…

In the letter from Ye Qing Mei to Fan Xian in S1 E28 41:30, it mentions that "Zenqi is not real, it is only a remnant of the previous era."

What did that mean? I have been trying to find answers but couldn't.