Arbaz Akhtar:

XZ fans have nothing to do with this anymore tbh but I know they will still butt in no way matter who's Casted but xu Kai is no newbie he has a huge Fandom himself also nd i don't think JOL fans would be toxic towards xu Kai getting casted. I like both Zhang ruoyun nd xu Kai so I am in favor of it 

I'm in with whoever fits the Character best, there's also the small issue of the great prince.

Arbaz Akhtar:

XZ fans have nothing to do with this anymore tbh but I know they will still butt in no way matter who's Casted but xu Kai is no newbie he has a huge Fandom himself also nd i don't think JOL fans would be toxic towards xu Kai getting casted. I like both Zhang ruoyun nd xu Kai so I am in favor of it 

Not toxicity....? Critiques are not automatically toxicity lol. That's weird. As for XZ fans not having anything to do anymore, on other places I know some have expressed sadness and said they wouldn't watch it anymore since he's not in it, while others are waiting for his replacement to compare. Which is fine, I don't want to seem like I'm calling all his fans crazy or annoying. JOL fans on the other hand are ALWAYS criticizing when it comes to casting especially those from the mainland. I won't even get into the exasperation surrounding Lin Waner. Although you're right, they're more mature about it.

Based on this I made my observation. I think with a situation such as Joy of Life, criticism is welcome and necessary. I'm just obsessed with Xu Kai and was a fan of him since 2018 so I'm protective for no reason ? Especially since his manager Yu Zheng is an evil sabotaging monster.

LotusRayne:

I could really picture Tan Jian Ci being very good as Yan Bing Yun based on his Cao Pi from Secret of Three Kingdoms or Sima Zhao from Advisor's Alliance/ Crouching Tiger, Roaring Dragon. 

But I wouldn't really be adverse to Xu Kai either, he did very, very well in Story of Yanxi Palace and would fit the role nicely IMO. 

Tan Jian Ci sounds like an awesome idea!! Albeit he has around 4 dramas coming this year, and JOL2 is already slated for coming out this year. If a name like him was joining they would have sent casting calls and extended the olive branch in advance. :'( 

Between TJC and XK look wise though I feel like Xu Kai would be better for the YBY part. I've watched TJC alot and although between him and XK he has better experience and credentials, Xu Kai being serious (his serious roles like The Story of Yanxi Palace, Royal Feast) would drive home YBY to me. He has that aura. 

Josh55_anzhi:

I'm in with whoever fits the Character best, there's also the small issue of the great prince.

Good to know,

Hey guys, I'm not in china so I can't really use Weibo, but I found a group on Facebook that makes some post regarding JOL 2 with short on-set clips and photos..."joy of life season 2"

Can anyone tell me when can we expect season 2.

Well I am not a big fan of watching dramas but I came upon this drama on YouTube on COVID time and I watched it, I have lost track of times I have watched it, for the past 3 years I have been waiting now can anyone tell me do I have to wait till next year.

Varun gowda k:

Can anyone tell me when can we expect season 2.

Well I am not a big fan of watching dramas but I came upon this drama on YouTube on COVID time and I watched it, I have lost track of times I have watched it, for the past 3 years I have been waiting now can anyone tell me do I have to wait till next year.

Yes next year is the endgame of this it will definitely happen unless some disaster occurs 

Arbaz Akhtar:

Have you ever seen Chinese being logical in these cases regarding ban nd censoring? ? ? 

Rude.  I believe I read the reason is to ensure quality instead of extra episodes made just to pad the series. You should be glad.

redpanda60:

Rude.  I believe I read the reason is to ensure quality instead of extra episodes made just to pad the series. You should be glad.

No i won't be. I know China has crazy things related to ban and censorship I have read and watched to many things to notice it among China Japan and Korea China is the craziest regarding that aspect 

Arbaz Akhtar:

No i won't be. I know China has crazy things related to ban and censorship I have read and watched to many things to notice it among China Japan and Korea China is the craziest regarding that aspect 

Arbaz Akhtar:

Well I guess it's their own way of doing things and it works for them...let's just respect that and hope things move in our favour in terms of the standards of the Chinese system related to the filming industry

I dont see chen ping ping in the trailer!!!! Is he in season 2??? Thats end of me hehe

Davaa Zogsoo:

I dont see chen ping ping in the trailer!!!! Is he in season 2??? Thats end of me hehe

He is - 0:07-08 mark, he's on the ground

Davaa Zogsoo:

That was Chen pingping lying on the floor, and I suspect he's the person holding the piece of paper too.... I'm happy to see eunuch Hou in season 2

Is it just me or do all the actors from season 1 look younger? Especially the emperor and Li Yunrui