Okay I get the enthusiasm but this thread isn't for arguing over Xiao Zhan. It's for updates on JOL and we'll just have to wait and see if he's recast or not. No use fighting about it when we don't have any info yet

I thought XZ struggled with his popularity because of Untamed not JOL 1. I love ZX and would be shame if he isn't to be in JOL anymore because his role will be good and longer screen time. Whoever replace him will be difficult to fill in because Yan Bing Yun equals to Xiao Zhan. I also love Zhang RuoYun, he's the perfect person as Fan Xian...love Wang QiNian, Uncle WuZhu, Haitang Duo Duo, Chen Ping Ping, all actors. I think we talk about XZ more because 1) we are big fans, 2) we want to see him in JOL 2/3, 3) we learn about speculations here and there and want to share it with everyone. No malice intended, if someone wants to talk about other actors in JOL - we'll be gladly express it.  Can't wait for the dramas out, hope everyone else too.

Darby Pay:

Okay I get the enthusiasm but this thread isn't for arguing over Xiao Zhan. It's for updates on JOL and we'll just have to wait and see if he's recast or not. No use fighting about it when we don't have any info yet

Yes, shall create a new thread with title of XZ will be IN or OUT rather than hijacking updates thread.

Xtinew:

I thought XZ struggled with his popularity because of Untamed not JOL 1. I love ZX and would be shame if he isn't to be in JOL anymore because his role will be good and longer screen time. Whoever replace him will be difficult to fill in because Yan Bing Yun equals to Xiao Zhan. I also love Zhang RuoYun, he's the perfect person as Fan Xian...love Wang QiNian, Uncle WuZhu, Haitang Duo Duo, Chen Ping Ping, all actors. I think we talk about XZ more because 1) we are big fans, 2) we want to see him in JOL 2/3, 3) we learn about speculations here and there and want to share it with everyone. No malice intended, if someone wants to talk about other actors in JOL - we'll be gladly express it.  Can't wait for the dramas out, hope everyone else too.

Yes, it was Untamed, and nothing to do with JOL.  To me, XZ can be replaced because he appeared only in few episodes towards the end and I don't really felt his presence in the drama!  

tigermom:

There are a lot of rumors that other main stars may not come back ( Li Qin and Tommy Tong ). Why not talk about them.? Why keep talking about Xiao Zhan ?  You guys keep mentioning that his role is minor and he can be replace.  Xiao Zhan did very well with the Untamed, the Wolf and the Doulou Continent. He does not really need JOL 2.  He only makes $500 ( rumor ) on JOL 1 and he lost millions in endorsement in 2020 for all the backlash he got from JOL1.  

I really liked Tommy Tong as Uncle Wushu, hope he will come back for S2!

Darby Pay:

Honestly, it doesn't matter to me if XZ is back for S2

Latest news....Zhang Ruo Yun (JOL ML) recently was interviewed. He was asked what new films/dramas  he will be taking on in 2022. He  said because he will be filming JOL 2 and JOL 3 he will not take on anything else next year cause his schedule will be packed. This is good news for us...it looks like film production will start next year since our lead did not schedule anything else in his schedule. 

sjadvocate:

Latest news....Zhang Ruo Yun (JOL ML) recently was interviewed. He was asked what new films/dramas  he will be taking on in 2022. He  said because he will be filming JOL 2 and JOL 3 he will not take on anything else next year cause his schedule will be packed. This is good news for us...it looks like film production will start next year since our lead did not schedule anything else in his schedule. 

Yay!! It's indeed a good news for us fans....don't know about his pocket book though.

I want to share something with you all. So in China any film project needs to get approved by the government before filming is allowed to begin (less alone approved for airing). Depending upon whether the production team wants the film/drama to air only via online platforms or also through traditional digital television broadcasting networks the standards and rules the film will be held to will vary. Getting approval to air in both tv and online platforms (known as a shang shing (上星) drama) is  much harder than getting approved to air solely online (aka as a web drama) as the standards are way more strict and there are a lot of restrictions. 

For example JOL1 was aiming to air as a “shang shing” drama so that is why the scene of him discovering what was inside his mom’s box was partially cut out and you couldn’t see most of the contents. Yet despite cutting out that pivotal scene and many other ones JOL1 still didnt get approval as a shang shing drama and so ended up airing as a web drama.

The good news is that despite all this JOL1 was a big success. I share all this because last month, it was confirmed that JOL 2 and JOL3’s application to start production was approved and this time they applied for approval as a web drama and NOT as a shang shing drama so there are fewer restrictions the drama is held to. Hopefully this means there will be far fewer scenes...especially important ones like the opening of mom’s box that will be edited out.  

Also although the application submitted for JOL2 and JOL3  was for 30 episodes each season (60 episodes total) it doesn’t mean the final drama episode count will be 60 episodes for both seasons as one can always get approved for more. Like JOL1 initial application submission was for 32 episodes but in the end 46 episodes aired. 

thanks for keeping us updated! Seems like everything is going good! Cant wait for it to air  :)<3

@sjadvocate & @everyone thank you for the updates, I really appreciate it!!! 

I really hope there will be less censorship/cut/edited scenes in S2 & S3 and I'm especially looking forward to more Sci-Fi elements!!! 

sjadvocate, Thank you very much for telling us that ! 

Estelll:

@sjadvocate & @everyone thank you for the updates, I really appreciate it!!! 

I really hope there will be less censorship/cut/edited scenes in S2 & S3 and I'm especially looking forward to more Sci-Fi elements!!! 

Agree, thanks for updating and I also look forward especially for more THAT. 

Thanks very much for the updates. Hopefully 2022 will be the defining year for the reminder of JOL, I'm currently in high anticipation of the good news.

I just hope I can keep myself really entertained with some good stuff as I wait. Currently watching something really interesting that has a touch of the JOL vibe, still ZRY as male lead. It's called 'sword snow stride'. I'm loving it.

Josh55_anzhi:

Thanks very much for the updates. Hopefully 2022 will be the defining year for the reminder of JOL, I'm currently in high anticipation of the good news.

I just hope I can keep myself really entertained with some good stuff as I wait. Currently watching something really interesting that has a touch of the JOL vibe, still ZRY as male lead. It's called 'sword snow stride'. I'm loving it.

Same, has similar vibes and of course great casting, but I'm still waiting news of JoL Season 2 (with the same cast, please).