I started watching Joy of life because I'm watching swords snow stride and I really liked Zhang Rou Yun  in that so as looking at other works he was in I saw he was also enjoy of life so I've like binge this over the last 3 days. I'm just so disappointed now that it it's ended and it ended the way it did on a cliffhanger and now I don't know when season 2 is coming out might not even be out this year 🤣. And I'm really glad that you know that it's been confirmed that season 2 and season 3 are coming but I hate cliffhangers. I also like the actor who played uncle WuZu so he also comes back for that, so I just looked under this actor's upcoming TV show and movie tabs in my drama list and I didn't see Joy's Life season 2 in there.  But then there's only a few actors listed under the main cast and support roles so maybe he is coming back is just not listed yet? The problem with waiting so long to come out with other seasons is the actress get busy with other projects and then there's time conflicts.

Erin :
I started watching Joy of life because I'm watching swords snow stride and I really liked Zhang Rou Yun in that so as looking at other works he was in I saw he was also enjoy of life so I've like binge this over the last 3 days. I'm just so disappointed now that it it's ended and it ended the way it did on a cliffhanger and now I don't know when season 2 is coming out might not even be out this year ?. And I'm really glad that you know that it's been confirmed that season 2 and season 3 are coming but I hate cliffhangers.

A warm welcome to the club!! Yes it seems risky to have ended season 1 where it did, I have high hopes for a continuation with mostly same cast, which the director announced a year ago. But we know Zhang Rou Yun is starring in it, and I am optimistic about the story continuing well though I'm avoiding all spoilers.

They "probably" are traying gathering all the cast of Season 1, for start filming season 2 and 3 at the same time, but for that... all parties need to have a space in their agenda. I think we will not have more information until the end of 2022...

In fact, S 2 has wrapped up very recently and the same cast was involved. 

Lee C :

Really?! I heard rumors that filming had not even started yet! Do you have a source?

I've also heard that it's possible and Xoai Zhan won't be returning. Could easily take care of that by having uncle WuZu come in at the last second see him holding the knife realize that he stabbed him and then uncle woozoo could just kill him right off the bat and that takes care of that.

Gudrun5:

A warm welcome to the club!! Yes it seems risky to have ended season 1 where it did, I have high hopes for a continuation with mostly same cast, which the director announced a year ago. But we know Zhang Rou Yun is starring in it, and I am optimistic about the story continuing well though I'm avoiding all spoilers.

Thanks. 

Lee C :

No way... source?

Erin :

Really?! I heard rumors that filming had not even started yet! Do you have a source?

Yes, please. I'd like to know more about it...

Season 2 definitely has not started to film less alone already finished because approval to film   JOL2 and JOL3 was only granted in November 2021 and several actors including our ML have stated in interviews and public that they are still waiting to start. Actual dates of  when they will start have not been announced but it will be this year. 

sjadvocate:

Season 2 definitely has not started to film less alone already finished because approval to film   JOL2 and JOL3 was only granted in November 2021 and several actors including our ML have stated in interviews and public that they are still waiting to start. Actual dates of  when they will start have not been announced but it will be this year. 

Thank you.

I just finished watching Joy of Life... and I'm gonna wait until 2023 for second season TT hope they'll release it soon. Thanks for the info :). Pls suggest me some dramas.. I have a long way too go till 2023

DeoLove:

I just finished watching Joy of Life... and I'm gonna wait until 2023 for second season TT hope they'll release it soon. Thanks for the info :). Pls suggest me some dramas.. I have a long way too go till 2023

If you're looking for something similar, Sword Snow Stride has some of the same cast and so far has a pretty similar vibe to it, though a little more fantasy/martial arts elements. I'm about halfway through and am very much enjoying it! I also cannot wait until season 2!!! 😬😬

Darby:

If you're looking for something similar, Sword Snow Stride has some of the same cast and so far has a pretty similar vibe to it, though a little more fantasy/martial arts elements. I'm about halfway through and am very much enjoying it! I also cannot wait until season 2!!! ??

And I!! I watched Joy of Life coz I loved Sword snow stride TT like literally one of the best drama I have ever seen.. The wait is making me go crazy lol.. After much considerations and watching many reviews I planned to start an on going drama "Reset" and "Tientsin mystic". I just hope the screen writer finishes both Joy of Life and Duoluo continent by this year  

DeoLove:

And I!! I watched Joy of Life coz I loved Sword snow stride TT like literally one of the best drama I have ever seen.. The wait is making me go crazy lol.. After much considerations and watching many reviews I planned to start an on going drama "Reset" and "Tientsin mystic". I just hope the screen writer finishes both Joy of Life and Duoluo continent by this year  

I also ended up watching Joy of Life because of Sword Snow Stride lol.  I kind of like Joy of life better because It had more action there are parts where I got kind of bored with sword snow stride, I felt like there was to much dialogue at times lol. Also I found the plot  to be a bit more complicated and I had trouble keeping up.