Episode 4

“Just because the sound of your cry is louder, it doesn’t mean your pain is greater.” - Grandma

Kim Wan Jin- "Money doesn't make you happy. However, it is true that relatively many unhappiness can be avoided by it."

Episode 16

"Just as misfortune comes to you unexpectedly, miracles also come out of the blue just as we're about to give up hope."

- Ha Moon Soo

Fab:
"Don't say what if. There is no end. What if I didn't go there? What if I had not done that? What if? Once you start, there is no end." 

Fab:
People say this as a word of comfort: this, too, shall pass. They are right. No matter how terrible the situation, they do pass. Except, the problem can always come back." 

My favorite two !!

"The phrase 'a prison of self' is strange. No one's locked us in. Then why can't we get out?"

wanted to input my list of quotes that I've taken down back in early 2018 when I'd watched this drama too :")

[episodes]

[04] how do you know she's comfortable? just because the sound of your cry is louder, it doesn't mean your pain is greater.

[05] how are you going to compensate the lives of the people who had to live miserably?

[07] i wish feelings also wore out after 10 years and could be replaced with new ones.

[08] sad and painful things are always near us. we have to accept it.

[08] i really like right now - when today is becoming tomorrow and not much is going on.

[09] if i want to heal the broken parts, a pain that's even bigger than the pain that caused the wound would follow. that's how the wound would heal.

[10] gran once said, "living is a repetition of regrets and failures." i sarcastically asked, "then what's the point of living?" gran spoke again saying, "it's to make even better regrets and mistakes. so don't be a scaredy-cat."

[11] if you lived a long time, is it okay to die? is there such a thing as good death in this world? 

[11] be happy with all your might...

[12] my poor children. sadness is your strength. suffering, resentment, and regrets are your strengths. with those strengths, somehow survive the ugly and scary life. somehow...

[14] gangdoo... isn't the phrase, "a prison of the self," strange? no one's locked us in, but why can't we get out?

[16] it's been said that life is about getting used to parting. no. there is no one who gets used to parting.

last 3 episodes:

They say life is the process of  getting used to saying goodbye. But they're wrong. No one in the world can get used to saying goodbye. 

last episode

*stares at the view

him: It's nice to see this with you.

*she looks at him

her: I love you. 

*he looks at her

her: I love you, Kang du.

*she kisses him

*he smiles

him: /Mun Su loves me/

*he kisses her

him: i love you too.

*they kissed

him: /I'm glad that I survived./

that last line wrapped up the whole series. I am really glad to be able to find the courage and finish the series after putting it off for years.

Eternal Kdrama:
It doesn't  mean someone  is in bigger pain just because  he cries louder.

ahhhhh I love this line so much

Georgia:

ahhhhh I love this line so much

I have been thinking a lot about this line recently, and I have realised that people don't take your pain seriously unless you are crying loudly, screaming, explicitly saying you are in pain. Even though your circumstances make it obvious that you are suffering.