Who do you think among the Korean actors and actresses deserve more hype than what they are getting now?Means they are not overrated and are very good at acting and does not gain a lot of attention compared to those overrated actors. 

PLEASE DON’T PUT NAMES OF THE OVERRATED ACTORS!!!! 

I enjoy watching some daily drama actors but I wish they weren't just limited to 50-100 episodes dramas that not everyone watches, and they're usually a supporting/guest role in the mainstream ones. I did list some of them in the overrated actors thread before while talking about this. 

I think Lee El is underrated, I've seen her in a few dramas before but her characters are always fun to watch I'd like to see her more in a main role. 

Sukai:

Who do you think among the Korean actors and actresses deserve more hype than what they are getting now?Means they are not overrated and are very good at acting and does not gain a lot of attention compared to those overrated actors. 

PLEASE DON’T PUT NAMES OF THE OVERRATED ACTORS!!!! 

I'm confused by your statement about not wanting names of "the overrated actors" in our reply.   I'm sure that we don't all have the same opinion about what that word "overrated" even means, and who might fit that category -  simply because it's all subjective.  Even the amount of press/attention an actor/drama gets could be considered subjective because we come from different cultures where media coverage looks and acts differently than in other places.  There isn't a master list somewhere with actors and labels on it that everyone agrees with. 

All that said, MY favorite actor is Yeon Woo Jin and I could talk for a long time about why I think he's one of the best actors in k-drama/film-land, but again, that's my opinion. :-)  

@Popcxqueen that is true but I'm pretty sure they meant popular actors who are already well known/talked about in the k-drama community, particularly the pretty-boy types who some people rave over them mostly for looks than acting skills. 

Here is some examples/opinions of others who they think are "overrated" https://mydramalist.com/discussions/korean-actors-actresses/28252-most-overrated-korean-actoractress?page=1 

Sunset:

@Popcxqueen that is true but I'm pretty sure they meant popular actors who are already well known/talked about in the k-drama community, particularly the pretty-boy types who some people rave over them mostly for looks than acting skills. 

Here is some examples/opinions of others who they think are "overrated" https://mydramalist.com/discussions/korean-actors-actresses/28252-most-overrated-korean-actoractress?page=1 

I've already read through that forum thread and disagreed with some of the actors being labeled as overrated, which is partly why I replied the way I did here.  Some "pretty-boy types" can also act well.

Also Gong Hyo Jin got named in that other thread, and she's a frickin' queen, so I damn sure know we don't all agree on who 'deserves' to have hype and attention and drama roles, and who doesn't. 

Perhaps the opening post could've been worded a bit better as everyone has different opinions of who is overrated like you said, and they did put the word overrated 3 times already. It's all just opinions though, as long as we're writing respectfully/constructive criticism about them. 

@Popcxqueen 

Well, obviously, overrated actors are those who are everywhere. E.g. LMH/PSJ/KSH/PSH/HB etc. 

Sukai:

@Popcxqueen 

Well, obviously, overrated actors are those who are everywhere. E.g. LMH/PSJ/KSH/PSH/HB etc. 

let me guess those initials. Lee Min Ho, Park Seo Joon, Kim Soo Hyun, Park Shin Hye, Hyun Bin? 

Sunset:

let me guess those initials. Lee Min Ho, Park Seo Joon, Kim Soo Hyun, Park Shin Hye, Hyun Bin? 

Obviously yes

Again, it's the "obviously" that's getting to me. It's not obvious to all of us. Considering that I've never seen a single drama that Hyun Bin has been in, he doesn't register as an obvious choice for being overrated or being "everywhere."  Ditto for Park Shin Hye (I've only watched two movies she was in and that's it.) 

But to answer your original question with another actor that I think extremely highly of  - Cho Seung Woo deserves all the attention he's gotten so far, and any more he might get in the future.  Stranger (Forest of Secrets) is rated as my number 1 K-drama and he, Bae Doona (who also deserves all of the spotlight she gets), and the writers are the reason for this number 1 rating.  

They’ve been labeled as it is whether you watched them or not and like almost everyone know that.

Regardless, I agree with Cho Seung Woo and Bae Doo Na. Although they are popular locally, they receive little attention internationally despite Bae Doo na doing hollywood films. 

I never really liked KSH he felt robotic in MLFAS, (I actually liked the Thai actor Nadech Kugimiya over him) which I thought was overrated, but at this point are LMH/PSH even overrated since I always see more people hating on them here in the comments sections than actually liking them? lol 

I thought PSJ was fun to watch in WWWSK, that was the first drama I watched him in. 

My favorite underrated actors are:

Shin Sung Rok - He's mostly played villains or smls, but he truly is an incredible actor and I hope he gets more main roles. Fell in love with him when I watched Kairos.

Do Sang Woo - Hasn't had any main roles yet, only smls or supporting roles. But he is really good. I really like him in the currently airing drama The One and Only. Honestly his parts are the ones that shine the most in my eyes.

Not really sure if this next one is underrated because she has played some pretty major roles. But I very rarely see her talked about. And it's:

Lee Bo Young - I just love her soo much. Especially loved her in the drama Mother.

Lee Seung Gi is probably the most underrated artiste. As a talented triple threat artiste who has debutted more than a decade ago and has won awards in every field as an actor, singer and host, his popularity just seems to fall short. His IG followers is just 3.8M vs LMH (28.2M), CEW (26.5M) and even KSH (8.1M). I wonder why?!!