Honestly, Lee Jeong-In from One Spring Night has to be my FAVORITE K-drama character ever. I knew that Han Ji-min was a great actress but she plays a complex, honest, raw character like Jeong-In as if she was a  real person and I just can’t wrap my head around how raw her performance is. She gives such power to an average, imperfect person like Jeong-In without coming off as condescending or superior and that’s so hard to do when it’s so easy to give into drama tropes.

I really appreciated her ability to showcase such raw emotions every time Jeong-In and Kwon Gi-seok confronted each other (or when she confronted anyone she thought wasn’t doing any good).  Even without dialogue, you can just see the emotions on her body language change from content, to pissed, to regretful and even more. It’s heart-wrenching and freeing at the same time to watch.

But a drama is only as good as the actors in it, and I have to say that the entire One Spring Night crew is just superb at complementing the script . Real people often do not delve into their feelings unless the situation presents itself, but the show’s premise allows the watcher into each of the characters’ minds. Emotional vulnerability is shown at its fullest and I just love shows that sheds that persona that humans are the facade they present themselves to be and taps into the authentic emotions of each person. The writing allows us to see the ugly side of each character but allows us to see why they are the way they are. It is so difficult to weave a show that allows each character to shine with such purpose and complexity.

When I first looked at One Spring Night, I thought it was super slow and didn’t want to go forward. But a few years later, I revisited it after growing up a little and it’s just awonderful and relatable show to me. Lee Jeong-In has become my favourite K-drama character ever and I’m definitely watching more Han Ji-min dramas in the future :)

If you love Lee Jeong-In like I do, or Han Ji-min, I’d love to hear your thoughts about One Spring Night!