Hi, I watched 2 eps recently, but it kinda seemed boring. No idea what happens later in the series, but at the moment it doesn't seem to change that much. Could someone tell me if its worth giving a chance? Maybe later it is going to be very interesting? Thanks in advance!

I wasn't enthralled with it. Didn't see very much chemistry between the two leads, and the fantasy elements didn't hold my attention.

Se você gosta da mistura de fantasia e atores maravilhosos, sim, vale muito a pena.

Korean Odyssey held a lot of potential. And the Male Lead's performance was great. I also thoroughly loved the frenemies dynamic between the Male Lead and the Devil King.

The romance came in and out of being great and being draggy and repetitive. Plus the Female Lead, the "chosen one" if you will, was little more than a damsel with a ton of character flaws that would've realistically killed her off even before the events of this story. 

The fight scenes were anticlimactic, like a kids show - so that didn't help with keeping your attention either.

Overall, I still liked it. But the appeal is very much with the support characters and the dynamics between everyone. The romance and the world-saving plot line weren't the best, and the Female Lead (character wise) was a misfit for the story. So, maybe try a couple more episodes to see if the support characters grab you enough and if not, then drop.

The plot was so intriguing, but almost everything else were not satisfying -- no chemistry in leads, fantasy element was okay, character arcs had their moments but pay offs fell short. I did love one or two character, and zombie girl was the best  ( Seyoung jjang !!).

I see I am not the only one.  Thanx for your opinions, now I am sure that I will just drop it for now since there are many better ones to watch. :>

I liked this drama, especially the actor who plays the Monkey King.

MARIA1956:

I liked this drama, especially the actor who plays the Monkey King.

agreed! its the first drama I saw with Lee Seung Gi

MARIA1956:

Gostei desse drama, principalmente do ator que interpreta o Rei Macaco.

Lee Seung gi é a cereja dp bolo deste drama!!

The support characters are what make this show interesting, but not much else.  The CGI is pretty awful at times, the ML was a cold jerk and the FL did precious little for herself. But the other characters and plotlines were quite compelling, imo  I loved Hong-Ki and the zombie girl especially - they were standouts 

I liked it.

Most episodes were "monster of the episode", so every episode they were fighting some new ghost or monster. So if you only wanted a drama with a main story it could become a little stretched.

It took me 3 years to finish Korean Odyssey XD So I dunno tbh.....There are definitely gems to the drama that make it stick out compared to others but I do think there was a lot of potential not really used. If you want to watch something that truly is well done from beginning to end then I guess I wouldn't recommend it.

But compared to what is produced nowadays? Well it is definitely a great drama and worth the watch
Nowadays dramas are.....just utterly weird and disappointing. Compared to those Korean Odyssey is a masterpiece. 

Oh, didnt expect more comments, thank you!
Hmm, maybe Ill give it another chance? I will consider that ^ ^
But first I guess I will finish another that I already started

The soundtrack/OST is awesome btw.

sim...assista sem julgamentos...vai gostar