Hi people! I start this thread (maybe none find this interesting) because I'm really frustrated nowadays. I don't know if i watched too many dramas or the quality and plots to me are dropping. I mean, i find a good drama > I go with the wave > I'm hyped > and when it ends... I just can't find other drama until a few months later..

Also the plots, I'm starting to having problem with them. I'm tired of the crying woman, the rude boy and the awful mothers. When seems a drama is starting to change they end messing this and turning the last 4 episodes in a whole makjang. For example, Love in the moonlight (yeah, cute drama) but I started super obsessed and something changed, and realized the woman lead was all time crying and went from ''woow gurl'' to '' owh gurl'' . 

What's the problem with the dramas? Maybe when writers start reading people comments and finish modeling it to the public interest? Also the same characteristics in every character!! If we make a Brainstorming of every drama we can spot the same or similar personality in every character : protagonists or antagonists. 

Also I have a problem with some actresses and I think, isn't about bad or good acting, is about as themselves are so immerse in the public opinion that sometimes seems like they don't enjoy the acting. 

I don't know, my head is a mess right now with dramas. I thought about taking a time out of dramaland, but I love this world so much... Maybe I'm the only weirdo here! hahahah

Lot of kisses! 

Omg, I was totally thinking about this the other day and today! I was trying to find another drama to watch to wait for Scarlet Heart Ryeo (I know most people think it's overrated, but its like crack to me for some odd reason), and nothing seemed to interest me. I started watching Moon Embracing the Sun, which is supposed to be the "best drama ever" and just could not get into it. It was like the leads were too perfect or something. 
And THAT got me wondering when I ever had complaints like that. I was thinking to myself (yes, I know how odd that sounds) "Wow, I was never this picky about dramas before. I watched it FOR the cheesiness and I used to love dramas despite bad plot, bad acting, weak characters, etc."

Like, lately, I cannot watch dramas where the female lead 1) is really really childish 2) gets treated really badly by the male or 3) is not a prominent part of the drama. And as you stated, start to see "the same character" over and over. And really, that never bothered me before. Boys Over Flowers? Today, I would probably hate it. Then? Loved it, to be point of embarassment. 

As for what you said on public opinion, I just read an interesting article on Kdramas catering to international audiences:
this HTML class. Value is http://www.inquisitr

Ugh, don't know if it pasted correctly. First, the article popped out at me cos as an international fan myself, I was more addicted to SHR than LitM, so it was kind of like, woah, what a coincidence. But it just got me thinking a lot about K-entertainment evolution to reach the international base. I feel like this is a double-edged sword. On one hand, I guess it'd good because Kdrama people might try to write/produce better dramas to appeal to more people. But on the other hand, when you try to please other people too much, you lose your base and end up being a cheap copy. I dunno, maybe you (and me) are feeling the effects of that a little?

I've been thinking about the same. Personally, I feel like I've been watching kdramas for a while now (over 2 years, which isn't as long as many I'm sure, but long enough that I've watched a good amount), and because the plots aren't really evolving too quickly, a lot of the new dramas coming out cover the same topics we've been watching for years. I find that I'll always go into a drama really excited, it'll keep me hooked for a good 10 episode, but after that...I often times get bored and end up dropping them. It was like this for me with Another Oh Hae Young recently. I know SO many people love it, and I loved it too, but it reached a point where the story just got so dramatic and lost me. It was like I wasn't watching the show I enjoyed anymore. 

Because of this, I've been slowly incorporating more and more jdramas into my watchlist, and I think that's been helping a lot with preventing my burnout. Not to say jdramas don't have cliches of their own...I guess they just have a bit more variety and different storylines than I've been seeing with kdramas recently. 
EDIT: I realized that link it's pasting correctly. Basically, it was saying that Love in the Moonlight was popular/got better views in the country, but Scarlet Heart Ryeo was better internationally (esp China). So, bascially Korea is starting to create drarmas based on what non-Koreans like. Even though I liked the effect, I kind of dont' like that they are doing it persay cos even tho I'm an international fan, I feel like Kdrama's first priority is appealing to it's original viewers. Plus, like I said, try to appeal too much and you lose on both ends: your original base, and the newcomers, becuase the end product won't have the magic of the original. Not that I'm saying that has happened already or anything.

By the way, I have no idea if I never properly responded to your post or just took it and started ranting about somethign different on my own. So so sorry if I did that! This was just on my chest recently lol and I felt you were talking about the same thing. 
@minhsuga

Omg, I felt exactly the same way about Oh Hae Young!
Omg!! i feel so good reading you both!! because my mind is a mess lately, I fight against the necessity of dramas and my own ''I hate or get bored''. It's frustrating. 

I also realize that!! many dramas is starting to being produce to others countries or foreigners taste, what's good but in part they lost the main point because they cant fill all these tastes... 

Last night, I watched Gogh the starry night, many people talked so good about this that I had to check... I almost drop this. The violence against women seems so normal in dramas that my brain is stopping in some point. 

I usually love cheesy, and silly dramas but I don't know, maybe we are getting older???? or we are being conscious about many things?? 
I just dropped Drinking Solo/Let's Drink because I'm so tired of the #uptightcoldrichmanfindssoftnessandhisheartwithputuponsupersweethardworkingnicegirl trope.  Also @Hanah, I just started a blog (www.kdramanat.com) and I'm reviewing Moon Embracing the Sun.  I also found everyone super nice and it took me by surprise but i LOVE it.  It's gonna hurt me later. :D
hahahahaha god, @naksken I just started drinking solo, dropped, back again... thinking what's life with this rude stupid boy. Really, Could some date these guys in real life? I could punch them in the face at the first moment he open his mouth 
they took that cold man trope too far in this, there's no turning back, nothing could make me feel sympathetic towards him.  and she's so pathetic.  I wish she'd stop walking in that bowed posture. urgh. the only people I actually liked in that drama was Ki Bum and his ridiculous haircut (I'd never even heard of him before - my bad) and Dong Yeong's girlfriend.
Tirorirori is the only good thing in this drama to be honest hahahahahaha 

Once again, the woman struggling to the max, the jerk, the change from ''Im rude to I love you''... for this reason I only have a few favorite dramas.. Healer, angry mom, mr cop, signal... all these with strong woman characters and an equilibrate relation between leads. 
I hear ya!  I'll add Faith to that list and Baek Hee has returned and I'm really enjoying Sweet Stanger and Me/The Man Living In Our House.  How good was Angry Mom!?!?
Oh, and Splash Splash Love
That was actually the reason why I move to J-dramas. Like what @minhsuga said, J-dramas do have cliches of their own, but there's a lot of variety , a lot of creative writers, and a lot of genre to fit in my  current mood.

I think you should try watching more dramas from other countries or try watching other genre. Watching dramas should be fun not frustating xD
@naksken adding this The Man Living In Our House to the list because I'm rolling for now with this drama!!! Angry mom to me was DAEBAK haha I think you could enjoy this a lot

@Jingga I'm into jdrama too.. no deep for now but starting in that world. I tried thai dramas and bleh, phil.. same for now. Of course, I watch american and european shows, so when i'm tired of korea i turn to US or EU hahaha 
Ahahah, Naksken, once you again, you have managed to state in words what was going thru my head about Drinking Solo. It got so bad that I started recapping episodes to see if they were worth watching, and then I didn't even bother recapping them. I wanted to finish the series for Gong Ming and dear Ki Bum (I, err, actually did that thing you're not supposed to do and started it FOR Key) but I just couldn't. It's a shame, cos I thought Park Ha Sun was great in Dong Yi. 
BTW, I will def check your blog out!! 

I feel like the Jerk-and-Candy trope is too prevelant to hate persay (cause then I wouldn't be able to watch 90% of kdramas), but some shows execute better than others. I think a lot of it depends on the female lead. Like, shows where the male lead is a jerk but the female gives it right back to him (i.e. Falling for Innocence) are actually more fun to watch than a nice male lead at times. 

As for J-dramas, yes, go watch them. J-dramas are awesome. I read somewhere that they are like the Indie version of  K-dramas--like less "pretty" and less hyped over--and thus harder for people to get into. But for the most part, even though I watch more K-dramas now, I personally feel that J-dramas tend to have a tighter plot; they don't have episode time to drag or go in circles like kdramas do. I actually started out my Asian drama watching with J-doramas cos I wanted to watch manga adapations (Gokusen, Hana Kimi, etc). After watching the Japanese Hana Kimi, I was hungering for more and started To the Beautiful You. The two (HK and TTBY) are the the best comparisons to how Japan does dramas vs. Korea lol. After TTBY, I was like "yeah, I'll stick to Japan for dramas, thanks." But then I started another K-drama much, much later (I think it was Cheese in the Trap?) and I got lured to the dark side muahahah. I actually have quite a few J-dramas I want to watch, but I feel like I'm too into the "culture" of K-dramas (the sunbae/oppa/unni; ways of greating and etiquette; history and cultural values; recognizing the nuances of speeech, etc) to jump ship to a diff country. Same reason why I haven't started T- or C-dramas. 

But here are some J-dramas I want to watch one day:
Doctor X
Siren
Rich Man, Poor Woman
Nobunaga Concerto
Ichi (it's a movie tho)

I really feel like J-doramas are better at making smart female leads. There has never been a Korean equivalent to Doctor X (and if there is, tell me NOW). Heck, I can't even think of a Western one.