Can we talk about this?

Ever since I came to the realization that the two shows have the same type of theme I have thought less of WYWS.

This kind of writing reminds me of when a teacher asked me to write ideas for a story and I wrote something like

1.  Family house fire
  2. Family house collapse
  3. Family car accident?

It must be noted that both shows have the same writer. 

Similarities

I Hear Your Voice
While You Were Sleeping
Long Title Name 
  • Attorneys and Law Cases
  • Childhood event which deeply impacts the characters lives
  • A Serial Killer
  • LEE JONG SUK

Just let me know what you think to me it degraded the hype of the drama.

I get where you’re going from but the main difference of I hear your voice vs wyws, is the incredible obsession I have for I hear your voice. You see wyws doesn’t give me the addicting creep vibe as I hear your voice.  Which immediately loses a point due to the hold. I noticed one thing dramatic when it came to these dramas, I binged I hear your voice cause it was that GOOD however right now I have decided to put wyws on-hold. Like it’s not really special to me, just something I can refer to when I am extremely bored. The similar idea in the stories are understandable but each drama has a different approach on them. The two shows’ perspective on love is drastically different too. Not wanting to spoil but in wyws the love blossoms due to more and more encounters however in the other more serious story the love starts rising because they want to protect each other immensely. The feel wyws gives off kinda reminds me of the typical boy next door drama but with a twist. Which only raises my interest by so much. However I have to say wyws is still pretty good with the detailed story and plot however it is so detailed that I basically cannot recall each event from the drama. Meanwhile I hear your voice goes off of specific incidents each event is pretty crucial to the story so last about 3-4 episodes in the story while wyws is like 1 1/2 episode. I mean the best part is still Lee Jong Suk so like WATCH EVERY DRAMA HE HAS. He’s so talented and gooodd looking!!!❤️ All his dramas are at least 8.5 in rating which is really high compared to the pointless 6 and 7. Just don’t watch those, honestly most of time they waste your time and I have experience. 

compared to IHYV, WYWS is terrible in terms of plot. sure, both dramas are very similar in terms plot and execution, but IHYV excels in both aspects much, much better. WYWS' plot is way too repetitive and bland and predictable; nothing new is brought to the table. in IHYV, I was on the edge of my seat and I actually felt the characters' emotions. I couldn't understand the characters in WYWS and they often did questionable things. cinematography-wise, WYWS is definitely better, but I don't watch dramas just to look at the beautiful scenery.

I gave IHYV an 8.5 and WYWS a 5.0 (dropped at ep 16 and browsed the finale. felt like I didn't miss a thing)

I'm the kind of person that also likes to keep track of similarities between shows. The interesting thing is that in IHYV the FL is a lawyer with a strained relationship to a prosecutor that she's known since childhood and the ML is an unemployed student with a special ability that he temporarily loses, while in WYWS, things get flipped and the ML is a prosecutor with a strained relationship to a lawyer that he's known since childhood and the FL is a temporarily-on-leave reporter with a special ability (that the ML also gains).

• The leads first met as children and then go their separate ways / reconnect as adults
  • The FL saved the ML in one way or another when they were kids
  • The ML comforted the FL after a traumatic event when they were kids
  • The ML's father is violently killed when he is a kid
  • The FL is close with her mother (who owns a restaurant) and her dad is not in the picture

• One of the leads grows up to be a lawyer or prosecutor that is often overwhelmed / doesn't have the best professional reputation but ultimately comes through in the courtroom
  • When the legal professional lead was a kid, they were framed for something they didn't do by a childhood peer who is also a legal professional that they face in court and who they have a strained relationship with

• The non-legal professional lead starts the drama with a special ability and has more time on their hands (as a temporarily-on-leave reporter or student) so they can interact with / help the legal professional lead collect evidence for a case
  • The special ability changes in some way (in IHYV he temporarily loses it, in WYWS three other people gain the ability) 

• The legal professional lead has a co-worker who likes them and makes the other lead jealous, but who ultimately backs down
  • The non-legal professional lead has a friend who likes them but doesn't confess their feelings (although in IHYV he knows how she feels anyway)

• The leads get to know / are helped by a particular pair of police partners through the course of the drama
  • The drama ends with a main character joining or leaving the police force