I was thinking about this..... i see many kdramas having subway somewhere in the show? Just how influential is subway hahahahaha lmao!

I don't really know why, but I'm not complaining. I love Subway. lol

I'd love to try some of the subs Subway serves in Korea. Korean sandwiches are super delish!

I don't mind it if it's subtly done/not too out of place or forced as with any kind of product placement... the Subway product placement in The K2 was too much though it was really misplaced in my opinion. I mean, he's literally on the verge of death and then you're making him dream of Subway...  really, for such a serious scene? Lmao

neo:

I don't mind it if it's subtly done/not too out of place or forced as with any kind of product placement... the Subway product placement in The K2 was too much though it was really misplaced in my opinion. I mean, he's literally on the verge of death and then you're making him dream of Subway...  really, for such a serious scene? Lmao

lol now I want to watch it.

At this point I just laugh when a Subway scene pops up in a drama. Imagine how crazy that place would be if all the drama characters that visited a Subway just showed up there at once! I'd kind of love to see that...

SapphireSonata:

At this point I just laugh when a Subway scene pops up in a drama. Imagine how crazy that place would be if all the drama characters that visited a Subway just showed up there at once! I'd kind of love to see that...

haha, that would be great. I can think of 4 or 5 dramas in the past year where they've eaten at subway... it's getting a little ridiculous. At least Korean cafe chains fit into the Korean settings, visually speaking. When our characters walk into subway restaurant the green and yellow walls and obligatory mention of their delicious subs sticks out a bit....

I'm pretty sure we are going to start seeing subway restaurants appearing in historical dramas before long. 

My new theory: Subway provides free catering to those who do product placement with them. BAM! 

Hungry overworked drama production crew has to eat something. 

Merp:

My new theory: Subway provides free catering to those who do product placement with them. BAM! 

Hungry overworked drama production crew has to eat something. 

I'm all for that. I think it's pretty unacceptable to have crews overworked and hungry behind the scenes..... 

These days I end up smiling when I go to a subway since I have flashback to some kdrama 

I think it would be fun to have a subway compilation :)

saw a Subway ad when I was browsing mdl and started grinning like an idiot xD but seriously, every kdrama either has Subway or Samsung lol

To the point where it's weird when you're watching a k drama and all the forced sub-related product placement scenes are with Quiznos instead (cough Jealousy Incarnate).

AH:

To the point where it's weird when you're watching a k drama and all the forced sub-related product placement scenes are with Quiznos instead (cough Jealousy Incarnate).

I just saw quiznos in the new robot show.... I couldn't believe my eyes. I looks like a fast food sandwich war is on the horizon in Korea!

usablefiber:

I just saw quiznos in the new robot show.... I couldn't believe my eyes. I looks like a fast food sandwich war is on the horizon in Korea!

Forget smartphones. Sandwich product placements are the new thing.