Yes for drama series. But for Movies it's Japan.
Try to watch If cat's Disappeared from this world or Her Love Boils Bathwater.

EzayaKashiwazaki:

Yes for drama series. But for Movies it's Japan.
Try to watch If cat's Disappeared from this world or Her Love Boils Bathwater.

I agree,  I think Japan does make better movies... at least ones that I get into more. Not that Korean movies aren't good, it's just that many of the highest rated K-films seem to be action/crime/thrillers and they aren't always my personal taste. 

I wonder if you are serious about this statement or just trolling... because your choice of words is terrible. That's your vision only. I don't think KR makes the best dramas at all, not in the world, and not in Asia.

In my perception of what I have observed in comparison, we must keep in mind the culture, sense of value, understanding, knowledge and wisdom that each country carries.  While America seems to hold no true value to anything but money and "status"( in general), (which is laughable at best). It seems that K-dramas & movies are more unified in creating good quality programs that cater to the basic wants and desires of a societies needs when it comes to knowing how to incorporate true emotions that everyone can relate to. When I watch dramas and movies from other countries, I am able to easily get drawn and can often relate to the different characters. Yet, it all depends on my emotional need at the moment.  K-dramas just have the knack to bring that emotional need or desire to higher level.

DancingGoat:
Why does Korea make the best dramas on this planet?

It doesn't.

Korea definitely has the all-in-one package going for it. For me though different countries give different flavors.

Japanese dramas are heavily into work culture, mysteries and the value of working together with someone else. If you have watched some of the good ones then there is a feeling you get at the end of the story that only j-dramas can give.

American dramas are definitely wacky and very different in its offerings. It is more mature and plot heavy, atleast in the recent years. btw i have watched only riverdale, stranger things, game of thrones and rick and morty in the past year.

Chinese dramas are more into epic stories of warriors and empires. the historical/fantasy dramas are at an another level. maybe not as good as game of thrones but are more varied. The rom-coms are definitely lacking as the female characters are often very weak compared to the male character and are very generic shoujo manga characters.

While korean dramas have nailed the rom-com genre. However the characters are very innocent and unrealistic with easy demarcations between good and evil. Most of the dramas dont go too deep. that is both a good point and a bad point.

Anyways what i wanted to say was every place is different 

I'm just curious, have you watched what are considered the "consensus" best dramas from each country to make a statement like that? I don't mean to call anyone out but I have noticed some KDrama fans (who only watch K-Dramas and little else) make these type of statements and find it odd. Usually in these cases, KDramas are their main point of references when it comes to dramas and they might have only watched maybe 1 or 2 dramas from other countries but still make these grand statements.

I mainly watch Chinese/Taiwanese dramas and have watched a handful of Korean Dramas. I've tried watching some of the popular/hyped Korean Dramas and for whatever reason they just haven't clicked with me/aren't my taste but i'm sure they're still some quality ones out there and even then I wouldn't say China or Taiwan make the best dramas in comparison.

Ultimately, my point is unless you've watched a good number of dramas from every country that has a strong drama industry, I don't think you're qualified to make that type of statement. If you think that South Korea on average makes great dramas and you like them the best, you're obviously entitled to that opinion. 

Korean dramas share a lot of the same problems as other east asian dramas, namely convoluted red strings of fate story lines and integrated class dynamics. Meanwhile American dramas have never-ending stories that oftentimes pull twists out of thin air, while putting on an air of seriousness. The ties of fate aren't as apparent in American dramas because the world feels larger with so many episodes and characters being introduced.

Some of the best features of K-dramas would be the chemistry between lead actors and OST's, which is what they receive a lot of hype for. The production value of the latter is elevated by the popularity of idols and accompanying composers. For me, they are neither better or worse than taiwanese, japanese, or thai dramas. Another thing I like about these countries' dramas is that hyper masculine traits are not as emphasized, making things a bit more relatable.

As for Chinese dramas, I find the chemistry is often not present, too focused on historical warfare, or overly censored at times, giving a stilted feeling. Over and under censoring also kills what can be otherwise good dramas.

It doesn't.  That title goes to the Brits when you're talking about the very best stuff, esp older BBC productions.  And while I tire of the episodic, drawn-out,  hyper-politically preachy nature of American dramas, I'm not even sure kdramas hold up to the best of those, save for a few.  From the standpoint of aesthetics, production values, and total pool of acting talent, then yes I'd say SK leads its Asian counterparts - romcoms in particular.  But China and Japan do writing every bit as good and often times better imo.

My honest opinion/evaluation on this is that Korea produces better drama on average, so I wouldn't say you're completely wrong.

However, I believe the best dramas in the world, excluding western tv, come from China.

DancingGoat:

Im not into Chinese dramas simply because I in general don't to likeChina, Chinese people or the Chinese language. This is no attack against anyone or China, this is just my opinion and comes from personal experiences after having to live in China for a few years for work.

And I am 35 ^_^

But I will be willing to try a Chinese drama that is in the same quality as Signal, do you have any recommendations?

I can imagine your experience as a foreigner in China, but have you been to Korea or have you worked there? I've seen a post about someone who loves watching korean drama and travelled to Korea and found it was worse than expected. Just want to make sure you're not letting your biases get in the way.

As someone who loves both korean and chinese drama, I can tell you they have a lot of similarities so there's a really good chance you might like chinese drama  if you gave them a try.

I can't blame you for thinking this way though, I'm someone who's capable of creating a topic titled "Why is japanese drama so bad right now".

While I'm in tune with both Korean and Chinese culture & media, I've long lost touch with the japanese side of things, and I genuinely feel like their dramas, movies, music, anime, whatever media facets are declining or have always been mediocre.

But then, you also realize that it's sortof like a self-fulfilling prophecy. Because of my prior opinion on japanese media, I don't give it a chance and judge it more harshly, all of which lead to reinforcing my opinion on it.

I think Korea's livin it down lately imo, I've switched over to China. (I've stopped watching Korean dramas, and solely watch Chinese, Taiwanese dramas)

MyDramaObsession -

"But you have to admit China has upped their game significantly, especially in the past few years. Some even predict they are on par right now with kdramas in content and actually surpassing them with production quality."

Preach 

bojinator:

I think Korea's livin it down lately imo, I've switched over to China. (I've stopped watching Korean dramas, and solely watch Chinese, Taiwanese dramas)

Samesies

Ceki:

It doesn't.

I concur, lol

Well There is a difference between the title of your thread, and the first sentence . I agree with the latter, but not the former.