Fated to Love You

Oh My Venus

JoanneSmith:

Fated to Love You

Oh My Venus

Both has romance as one of the main themes & that doesn't really attract me anymore... (but I did enjoyed Weightlifting Fairy bc it isn't cheesy, but still pretty ave.). Still, really thanks!!

Fairplay:

Both has romance as one of the main themes & that doesn't really attract me anymore... (but I did enjoyed Weightlifting Fairy bc it isn't cheesy, but still pretty ave.). Still, really thanks!!

oh yeah,  you didn't want any romance.   I was so focused on  "Non generic, great plot, not just serious (mixed w/ funny moments)"   Here are some thoughts on each of these for you to think about before ruling them out.   First, they are both not cheesy.  I too don't like cheesy.   Both are now in my top 10 because of the story.

Fated to Love You -  an accidental pairing of the two leads ends up forcing them together, but most of the story is about the repercussions of them having to get married.  They don't care for each other for most of the show.  Eventually,  one of them does fold and likes the other, but late in the story.   Otherwise, its more of a funny, touching, sad, emotional story and then some romance.   I'd actually still give this one a shot. 

Oh My Venus -  is really about the transformation process of someone who attempts to go thru a major weightloss.   Its inspirational, really funny, identifiable.    The famous personal trainer who ends up taking her on as a pupil accidentally eventually falls for her.   He is a stoic, cold, humorless guy that starts to peel his own onion layers.  Eventually there is romance in it, but that's not the driving line for the story persay.   Once the romance part begins about 2/3's way thru the show, there are some love scenes for a short while, but that goes to the back burner until the end.   This one probably won't work for you but I thought I'd draw out the plot as much as I could without being spoilerish.

Angry Mom -  The drama can be pretty serious(and even heavy) but also has gags and funny moments. Also there's not too much romance.

Please Come Back Mister - This one I have to admit is more of a comedy, but has a heartwarming and original plot.

The Master's Sun - A spooky romance, but it has a pretty good plot and even some scares (at least for me)

If you are into trying to watch historical dramas I really recommend Rebel: The Thief of the People. I feel like this drama is so under rated. It is not romance centered although there is a love line. I cried and laughed to tears through out the whole drama. I would honestly give this a 10. One of my favorite dramas out there.

Winny Lu:

If you are into trying to watch historical dramas I really recommend Rebel: The Thief of the People. I feel like this drama is so under rated. It is not romance centered although there is a love line. I cried and laughed to tears through out the whole drama. I would honestly give this a 10. One of my favorite dramas out there.

Thanks for the rec & for your feedback (love reading persnal comments bc it helps me filter out w/c to priority). Hmm I was never into historical dramas, but I'll give this some thoughts

JoanneSmith:

Fated to Love You

Oh My Venus

Ah thanks for the personal feedback :) I can't quote your another reply bc mdl isn't allowing me (too long). Hmm idk, I've actually catched 'previews' of both bc it was aired in our country (so I see the commercials for next eps). Plot just didn't piqued my interest :)

Plushie:

Angry Mom -  The drama can be pretty serious(and even heavy) but also has gags and funny moments. Also there's not too much romance.

Please Come Back Mister - This one I have to admit is more of a comedy, but has a heartwarming and original plot.

The Master's Sun - A spooky romance, but it has a pretty good plot and even some scares (at least for me)

tysm for your personal comments! :) I think I'd skip you 2nd rec, bc though the plot is orinal (as you said), it's too 'simple' for me. The other two seems interesting, though I'm CW Black & there are spirits there alrdy, so I might put your 3rd rec on hold (& it's too much romance-focused for me). How deep are spirits involved here? will there be some big revelation on some spirit?

Fairplay:

tysm for our personal comments! :) I think I'd skip you 2nd rec, bc though the plot is orinal (as you said), it's too 'simple' for me. The other two seems interesting, though I'm CW Black & there are spirits there alrdy, so I might put your 3rd rec on hold (& it's too much romance-focused for me). How deep are spirits involved here? will there be some big revelation on some spirit?

The Master's Sun focuses on several spirits. It's like one ghost/story per episode, like Scooby Doo, where you discover why these ghosts are haunting, it's very mystery driving. Also, the main plot line does involve a spirit as well and the revelation about it's past involving the male lead is slowly unraveled. It has romance, but not love dovey kind, actually there are not too much fluffy scenes.

I didn't watch Black, but I feel kinda the same vibe from it, so if you like it, you might like TMS

Plushie:

The Master's Sun focuses on several spirits. It's like one ghost/story per episode, like Scooby Doo, where you discover why these ghosts are haunting, it's very mystery driving. Also, the main plot line does involve a spirit as well and the revelation about it's past involving the male lead is slowly unraveled. It has romance, but not love dovey kind, actually there are not too much fluffy scenes.

I didn't watch Black, but I feel kinda the same vibe from it, so if you like it, you might like TMS

Ah Black is like 6-7 for me. thanks again!

You should watch both the parts of Age of Youth.