Not generic in terms of story phasing or happenings, etc (e.g. Goblin. diff plot, but usual cheesiness)

Adult stuff is lots of boring in itself, so nothing serious nor just gags (Circle bored me)

Hopefully, something that deserves rating of 8 (or 7.5) and above

edit: Nothing romance-focused, or plot just revolves around love

-- P.S. Don't talk anything abt Black, bc I'm CW it, thanks! :) --

Kill Me Heal Me

Wise Prison Life

Based on the things youre  looking for, I would recommend Another Miss Oh.

The plot is definitely something I have never seen before, but its pretty great. it can be cheesy, but its not THAT cheesy. It's pretty funny overall with some hints of melodrama. And its definitely not too much in the whole adult-stuff ish category. 

These dramas have non-generic plot (IMO), and some of their parts are very funny

Evasive Inquiry Agency

History of the Salaryman (very goofy in its first half, the second half is an all-out melodrama; still good, though)

Harvest Villa (with open ending rather than happy ending; the darkest of the bunch, its comedy is more of a "dark" variety than "laughing out loud" comedy)

Once Upon a Time in Saengchori

Chicago Typewriter

Healer

Rooftop Prince

kura2ninja:

These dramas have non-generic plot (IMO), and some of their parts are very funny

Evasive Inquiry Agency

History of the Salaryman (very goofy in its first half, the second half is an all-out melodrama; still good, though)

Harvest Villa (with open ending rather than happy ending; the darkest of the bunch, its comedy is more of a "dark" variety than "laughing out loud" comedy)

Once Upon a Time in Saengchori

Thanks! Which among these would you rate as the highest?

neo:

Chicago Typewriter

Healer

Rooftop Prince

Are the plots of these pretty solid? or it's more on gags & plot is just secondary?

Fairplay:

Thanks! Which among these would you rate as the highest?

The most well-written and the most unique is definitely Evasive Inquiry Agency. I remember it took me maybe five or episodes to get used to it, though. Oh, and it did become more serious and less funny in latter episodes, but since that development didn't come out of nowhere (in contrast to many Kdramas, where stuff become angstier simply to create more tension and thus hook the viewers), it didn't bother me at all personally.

Kill Me Heal Me

Its Okay Thats Love 

Replies Series

Most of Lee Jong Suk's recent drama:

I can hear your voice

W

While you were sleeping 

Regent:

Based on the things youre  looking for, I would recommend Another Miss Oh.

The plot is definitely something I have never seen before, but its pretty great. it can be cheesy, but its not THAT cheesy. It's pretty funny overall with some hints of melodrama. And its definitely not too much in the whole adult-stuff ish category. 

Thanks, but romance as main plot doesn't attract me anymore :) I'm hoping to watch something more than a love story. but romance as subplot is alright. Sorry, forgot to mention it *I edited it out alrdy

Avengers Social Club fits the bill

Fairplay:
Are the plots of these pretty solid? or it's more on gags & plot is just secondary?

The three of them have pretty solid plots, with some elements of comedy.

Rooftop Prince has quite a lot of comedy in comparison in some of the earlier episodes, but the comedy is balanced out with serious plot points too. Most of the comedy arises because the main male lead time travels from Joseon era to modern day and is therefore not used to modern technology/culture/conventions, etc... 

Healer and Chicago Typewriter have more serious tones to them overall, in particular with the historical storylines involved with each of the dramas and the mystery connecting the past to the modern day. 

Chicago Typewriter has less nuances of romance, although there are some romantic scenes between the main couple, and is more overall friendship-focused, with some endearing/funny scenes. 

Healer has a really sweet romance that happens alongside an overall serious plot, with some comedic scenes and elements to it. I'd elaborate more on the comedy aspects of the latter two dramas but it'd (potentially) be spoilery.

@neo

Thanks! This helps so much. I think I'd skip Rooftop Prince, bc I kinda know what'll happen & the plot isn't that original

kura2ninja:

The most well-written and the most unique is definitely Evasive Inquiry Agency. I remember it took me maybe five or episodes to get used to it, though. Oh, and it did become more serious and less funny in latter episodes, but since that development didn't come out of nowhere (in contrast to many Kdramas, where stuff become angstier simply to create more tension and thus hook the viewers), it didn't bother me at all personally.

Tysm! Your recommendation pretty much hit what I described

I'm still hoping to hear for more :) bc I drop drama pretty quickly... I'm a bit busy