I honestly can't remember. It was Either You're Beautiful or Personal Taste. I think my first drama in general (that I remember) was Tumbling. I watched it while it was airing. At the time I was obsessed with Japanese culture. I watched a lot of J-Drama before I started watching K-Drama. Back then, when I first started I didn't really know much between the two, and the site i was watching them on had mostly J-Drama. The more Korean drama I watched though, I noticed a trend. Korean Dramas are better produced, written, & acted in. They did tend to be more serious. Japanese Drama tend to be more slapstick. Now I watch Korean Drama almost exclusively. And thanks to that I became obsessed with Korean culture.
My first Korean Drama was City Hunter. I watched it on Dec 2012. Before that I only watched English dramas. I've seen more than 200 of them all of which are in my collection. Then I got in to Animes for about 5 months where I watched 51 animes non-stop. While I was looking for a new anime to watch I came across City Hunter. I got hooked after the 2nd episode which took some self convincing to watch after seeing the 1st. From that moment on I've seen closer to 40 Korean Dramas over the year 2013. I find the concept of romance in K-Dramas intriguing. I was a coldhearted person but I've started to feel more human emotions within myself, ever since I've started watching K-Dramas. I like to think that I've become a better person since Dec 2012 and it all began with City Hunter.
Queen In Hyun's Man was my first kdrama and was definitely the start of my love for asian dramas. I had watched Tatta Hitotsu no Koi and Buzzer Beat before it and had mixed feelings - Queen in Hyun's Man opened my eyes and I have had a serious problem ever since.
I'd say Jewel in the Palace (Chinese dubbed) was my gateway to Korean dramas.
My first Korean drama was Dream High. Prior to that, I only watched anime and wasn't interested in live-action dramas. My only exposure to Asian dramas was the Peach Girl Taiwanese drama back in the early 2000s and I thought it was terrible. I'm so glad I gave it another chance because I love them now.
First korean one was Boys Over Flowers
Love rain was my first kdrama that got me addicted <3 but before that I also enjoyed other taiwan ones like love keeps going, fated to love you, down with love and momo love <3
My first drama was Playfull kiss. I decided to watch it because I loved the manga and anime version =)
i think it was hana kimi
I'm not addicted to Korean dramas, so I don't think I have a "gateway." The first drama I tried to watch was "The World That They Live In."
My first K- Drama was Full House 2 and my first J-Drama was Buzzer Beat
Endless love and Lover in paris
Secret Garden was my first drama. Loved it!!!
I stumbled upon Personal Taste on youtube one day and well that's how it started hahaah