Everybody who watches dramas is familiar with  the Second lead syndrome.As I understand it is the condition where you like the second lead guy/girl in a drama and ship the lead guy/girl with them in a drama with a love triangle/square etc...You are free to correct me if I am wrong or if you feel you can better describe it Please go ahead.This is a very common phenomenon and every drama addict would have experienced it at least once.So,I wanted to start a discussion where we rank our top five  second lead syndromes in descending order (1 being the drama where you felt it the most).I am pretty sure a lot of us have more than 5 but, I thought I should limit it to five.

Here is my top five:

1.The Heirs (Kim Woo Bin!!)

2. School 2015  (I didn't realize until the end that he was the second lead I watched the drama assuming he was the main lead).

3.The Moon that Embraces the Sun 

4. Bride of the Water God 

5. Goong(Princess Hours ) (Yul is obsession personified)

1. Hot shot 

2. Demon girl

3. Feel good to die 

4. Sm:)e

4. You’re my destiny 

Sm:)e  is on my list too!

Ahhh it's hard to only pick five haha. 

1. Cheese in the Trap
  2. Reply 1994
  3. The Journey of Flower
  4. A Love So Beautiful
  5. Princess Agents
 looktothestars:

Ahhh it's hard to only pick five haha. 

1. Cheese in the Trap
  2. Reply 1994
  3. The Journey of Flower
  4. A Love So Beautiful
  5. Princess Agents

Yes! Chilbong from Reply 1994! I remember him.I felt he was the only lead in the drama actually.The main lead Sseureki 's only qualification to be the lead was that the heroine loved him.

1) Reply 1988

2) Reply 1994

3) Sassy go go

1. Boys over flowers
2. Mary Stayed Up all Night
3. Hanazakari no Kimitachi e
4. Cheese in a Trap
5. Emergency Couple

1. Lin Yi Mu (Pretty Li Hui Zhen): I sort of shipped the main character and her best friend, but it's a Chinese drama, so more realistically, I would have much preferred seeing her end up with this character. They had a much more relaxed, playful, cute dynamic overall. The ML was so terribly written in this drama that I alternated between being frustrated and bored by the canon relationship.

2. Baek In Ho (Cheese in the Trap): As I recall, the ML was kind of a sociopath. The second lead was a talented musician and relatively normal, relatable character.

3. Kang Shin Woo (You're Beautiful): The ML wasn't completely terrible, but he was often arrogant and rude. Shin Woo was kind, gentle, and trustworthy. I preferred him overall, but I didn't like that he kept trying to push the FL to return his feelings when she made it clear she wasn't interested.

That's all I've got, and I had to include a Chinese drama to even get three. I actually don't experience second lead syndrome too often. It usually only happens when I find the ML particularly unappealing and/or poorly written.

celestialocean:
I sort of shipped the main character and her best friend

LoL me too!They were really good together.

celestialocean:
Baek In Ho (Cheese in the Trap): As I recall, the ML was kind of a sociopath.

This is one of my exceptions.A lot of people ship the lead and the SL but,I like the anti-hero type in dramas so I was fully in support of the male lead.

Actually I like the Main leads together but I like the SL so much that I just  feel too sad for them.

Strong Woman Do Bong Soon definitely... I mean I like both Park Hyung Sik and Ji Soo but when I rewatched that scene of Ji Soo getting rejected it made me cry?!

While You Were Sleeping

watching Save Me right now, I'm feeling some SLS for Dong Chul - not really romantically but he's just got this cool/mysterious vibe about him lol

kaddict_since2016:
This is one of my exceptions.A lot of people ship the lead and the SL but,I like the anti-hero type in dramas so I was fully in support of the male lead.

THIS!! #SORRYNOTSORRY but I loved Jung and always will.

Surprised no one mentioned Jealousy Incarnate; SML was all around better than the ML in every way possible... the ending made no sense.

1. Reply 1988

2. Mr Sunshine

3. The King In Love ( it's all good cos he gets the girl in the end but still he was the second lead)

4. She Was Pretty ( a little complicated here.... although I loved the male lead & was all okay with the female lead ending up with him but I couldn't help & feel bad for the second lead. his character was my fav & he was the best )

5. The Heirs

kaddict_since2016:

ShotaSidePart:
THIS!! #SORRYNOTSORRY but I loved Jung and always will.

haha :D Nothing to be sorry for if you do prefer the main characters together. And I actually did like Jung quite a bit. He was a very interesting and atypical male lead. I also found him pretty relatable in some ways. The relationship between Seol and Jung was pretty dysfunctional throughout the drama, though; meanwhile she was having plenty of cute, fun interactions with In Ho.

That said, I do like that Jung realized that he had things he really needed to work on before a relationship between them could work. The fact that he was mature enough to actually break up with her and presumably follow up on that before attempting to try again allowed me to theoretically get behind the main couple. It demonstrated, among other things, that he cared about her enough to let her go. Since that happened, I could see them working out eventually, and I like to imagine that that is what happens after the ending.

1. Empress Ki

2. Who are you: School 2015

3. She was pretty 

4. Cheese In the Trap 

5. Flower Boy Ramyun Shop (but I wanted her to be with both if that was possible, I liked them both xD)

The Heirs

Kill Me Heal Me

Prince OF Lin Lan

A Journey Of Flower

Princess Hours