Should we kiss first? It´s a drama that almost nobody has mentioned here. It´s highly sad and couldn´t watch it till the end but it´s the kind of plot I´m searching for (without having to be deppresed), because it was about a couple having an active romantic life in their late 30s and 50s.

My unforgetable dramas are like: My Mister, Because this is my first life, Oh Hae Young, Queen Seon Deuk, Matrimonial Chaos.

All of these have in common that the main plot  leaves a heartwarming feeling and their characters are so complex that you don´t really get them at first intance. I don´t care if they add some special vibe scene with melodramatic music I also loved Lovers in Paris but that´s a thing of the past. Comic reliefs are also acceptable they don´t have to be sad dramas exactly.

The Chinese drama All is Well came to mind. Not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for, but it's a quality drama. No stupid silliness, it's very realistic, the characters are three dimensional, and it left me feeling bittersweet. 

looktothestars:

The Chinese drama All is Well came to mind. Not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for, but it's a quality drama. No stupid silliness, it's very realistic, the characters are three dimensional, and it left me feeling bittersweet. 

Thank you for the recommendation, although I've always been skeptical about Chinese (not HK or Taiwanese) dramas. They tend to be extremely cheesy/cringe. I´ll check it out.

Salmonette:

Thank you for the recommendation, although I've always been skeptical about Chinese (not HK or Taiwanese) dramas. They tend to be extremely cheesy/cringe. I´ll check it out.

Lol I get what you mean, a lot of Chinese dramas are super over the top. I love them, but you definitely have to overlook those aspects to enjoy them. 

All is Well is an exception though where it's really just a fantastic drama. It's a shame that it's not that popular overseas. The Story of Ming Lan and Somewhere Only We Know are also really great if you want a different genre of C-dramas to try that also don't revert to cringy cliches. 

Check out:

• One spring night
  • The wind blows
  • Bean Chaff of My Life - very very old drama. But I feel like it definitely was realistic

Non romance centric:

• Dear My friends
  • Misaeng 
  • Awl
  • Memory

Non Korean

• Buzzer Beat
  • We got married as a job - the drama that probably inspired Because its my first life
  • In A Good Way - this has a Korean version which was badly done, and also an ongoing Japanese version which I haven't watched yet
  • The Way We Were

ONE SPRING NIGHT

THIRTY BUT SEVENTEEN

GO BACK COUPLE

WHERE THE LOST ONES GO

SCENT OF A WOMAN

SOMEWHERE ONLY WE KNOW

COME AND HUG ME 

A POEM A DAY

LOVE STORY IN HARVARD

AGE OF YOUTH 1

Czakhareina:

Check out:

• One spring night
  • The wind blows
  • Bean Chaff of My Life - very very old drama. But I feel like it definitely was realistic

Non romance centric:

• Dear My friends
  • Misaeng 
  • Awl
  • Memory

Non Korean

• Buzzer Beat
  • We got married as a job - the drama that probably inspired Because its my first life
  • In A Good Way - this has a Korean version which was badly done, and also an ongoing Japanese version which I haven't watched yet
  • The Way We Were

Certainly, my greatest discovery from this list was "Awl" and "Bean Chaff of my life"

"We got married as a job" I can´t seem to find it in this website, but I read the original story it's actually from a manga.

iKdrama :

ONE SPRING NIGHT

THIRTY BUT SEVENTEEN

GO BACK COUPLE

WHERE THE LOST ONES GO

SCENT OF A WOMAN

SOMEWHERE ONLY WE KNOW

COME AND HUG ME 

A POEM A DAY

LOVE STORY IN HARVARD

AGE OF YOUTH 1

One Spring Night and Come and Hug me are already on my Plan to watch list. It seems many people liked them so I´ll certainly check them out.

-Thirty but Seventen I actually watched it a while ago and it was good. Go Back Couple had serious moments but at the end it was silly for me, sorry.

-I´m excited about these discoveries: Age of youth 1st season and Scent of a Woman. Can´t wait to check them out!

Salmonette:

Certainly, my greatest discovery from this list was "Awl" and "Bean Chaff of my life"

"We got married as a job" I can´t seem to find it in this website, but I read the original story it's actually from a manga.

Oh just searched the drama again and I mistitled it a little. It's actually We Married as A Job.

Here is the link: https://mydramalist.com/19702-nigeru-wa-haji-da-ga-yaku-ni-tatsu

• Just Between Lovers
  • Come and Hug me
  • I'm sorry I love you
  • Que sera sera
  • It's okay that's love
  • Sore demo ikittte yuku
  • Byakuyakou

Non romance

• Stranger
  • Signal
 Czakhareina:

Oh just searched the drama again and I mistitled it a little. It's actually We Married as A Job. 

Here is the link: https://mydramalist.com/19702-nigeru-wa-haji-da-ga-yaku-ni-tatsu

LOL, I have actually watched it some time ago but didn´t remember them as being the same story for some reason. They have differente vibes.

• Soulmate
  • Little Mom Scandal

Both are older dramas but are so good and realistic. Highly recommend them for a more mature tone but with some comedic relief.