hi everyone <3 i hope someone sees this

in the past, i used to watch so many dramas while they were airing but i've been really busy this year with studying and work so i've only seen a few overall (and all of them were quite popular). i noticed a while ago that some of my fav dramas are not the ones with the best ratings (on mdl and/or in korea) bc oftentimes really good dramas end up being overlooked. i think a really good example of that is melo suits me, i couldn't get enough of that drama.

so i was wondering what do you consider to be the best underrated drama of 2020.

thank u in advance!! 

My personal favorites (which I think barely got mentioned even during airing) this year are Diary of a Prosecutor and Black Dog. Both started airing in December last year and ended in February 2020, so I think you can still consider them 2020 dramas?

all under 15.000 watches on mdl

2020?

- piece of your mind (melo romance but super heartwarming)

- find me in your memory (the same as above)

- lie after lie (extremely good- suspense and romance + hidden identity)

- graceful family (insanely good- suspense, strong fl lead, mystery, slight romance)

- doctor john (mystery, medical, romance)

- a little thing called first love (cute, romance, fluffy but a cdrama)

- rookie historian goo hae ryung (historical, cute, strong fl)

- crown clowned ( hidden identity, romance, historical, political)

Only korean or also from other countries?

Korean:

A Piece of Your Mind - melodrama, slow burning romance, healing

Chinese:

First Romance - romcom with bubbly FL and pianist ML

Meeting You - romcom with shy ML and bubbly FL, slow burning

Japanese:

Lupin no Musume Season 2 + (prequel in 2019) - romcom with FL from a family of thieves and ML from a family of police officers.

Shanai Marriage Honey - very happy romcom with a lot of skinship

A piece of your mind

Lie After Lie    (woman is framed for murdering her husband, has a child in prison and has to give it up, when she is released after nearly 10 years she goes searching for her child she unjustly gave up, only to find her daughter was adopted by now a single man, and she hatches a plan to get close to him and marry to become her daughters stepmother!) - thrilling, sad and loving drama.
(spoiler text contains really only synopsis, but thought it would be safer to hide it)

Piece of Your Mind for me as well.  The first two episodes are somewhat confusing, but once you get past those  it's really great.  Those of us who love Peace of Your Mind, love it with a passion. There is a strange technology twist to the story that doesn't always work, but  in general adds to the very unique mood in this drama.  Moreover,  the romance between the superb Jung Hae-In and the equally superb Chae Soo-Bin is really  wonderful.  Many of the scenes were filmed in the amber light of late afternoon, and Seoul has never looked more beautiful.  Also, a good portion was filmed in Norway, and the snow scenes are quite stunning.