I'm not sure what this could mean for the industry, but I expect a massive boost in content, as China once more opens the market for Korean productions.

I mention this "news" only as a heads-up for fans of Korean films & series; please update if there's any more information (i.e. pre-buys of projects in development).

Didn't know there was a ban.

Was there a ban on korean actors being in chinese made content? I know some korean actors are already starring in chinese made content, most notably Park Min Young is starring in two chinese TBA series.
My worry is that korean talent will be drawn into chinese market and star in chinese series, that means they won't be starring in korean series... like with Park Min Young, we have to see her in a chinese series to see her.

ArniA:

Didn't know there was a ban.

Was there a ban on korean actors being in chinese made content? I know some korean actors are already starring in chinese made content, most notably Park Min Young is starring in two chinese TBA series.
My worry is that korean talent will be drawn into chinese market and star in chinese series, that means they won't be starring in korean series... like with Park Min Young, we have to see her in a chinese series to see her.

they did have a ban on korean actors ,thats why park min young's chinese dramas have still not been released even though its been a few years since its filming and production wrapped up. im not sure whether the ban still exists though

Wow, the ban was also on Chinese productions that included Korean talent?

That part, I did not know!

Anyway, the ban should be over now (I'm sure the precise date can be found with a little online digging - especially for Korean speakers), so I'm interested to see how things develop.