I sometimes feel like I'm watching a mukbang, so often a feast with like 20 different dishes, they really emphasize food in korean culture it seems. I wonder why this is. This sometimes leaves me feeling bloated after just watching some episodes, they are eating so often, like 3-5 times per episode.

I've watched some jdrama and they don't really do this. At most they prepare lunchboxes for spouses for work, but that's it.

I wonder if this is like part of a propaganda? They know a lot of kdrama is watched in north korea, so they want to show just how much food south korea has.

Or maybe this has always been part of their culture. I don't know.

"I've watched some jdramas and they don't really do this"

Are you sure? This is the country that produces stuff that really put emphasis on food preparation and eating like Shinya Shokudo, Kodoku no Gurume, Hitori Camp de Kutte Neru, Kinou Nani Tabeta--and those are just the dramas that I can remember off the top of my head ;)

kura2ninja:

"I've watched some jdramas and they don't really do this"

Are you sure? This is the country that produces stuff that really put emphasis on food preparation and eating like Shinya Shokudo, Kodoku no Gurume, Hitori Camp de Kutte Neru, Kinou Nani Tabeta--and those are just the dramas that I can remember off the top of my head ;)

I haven't watched many jdrama, but i don't notice this in those i have watched.