Hello, 

I need recommendations for longer dramas (30+hrs). Dramas that don't have much to do with a mother-in-law daughter-in-law relationships,  something like :

• Ugly alert, 
  • Monster,
  • Golden garden,
  • May Queen, 
  • Scandal,
  • Flower in the prison,

You can recommend family dramas too. I recently enjoyed watching

• Glorious Day, 
  • Marry Me Now?,
  • My Daughter Seo Young,
  • Watched Happy Home too but didn't like it very much. 
  • (also started What Happens To My Family but put it on hold after 4 episodes coz I didn't like unnecessary stretched out bickering between leads.)

I've previously watched :

• Five Enough, 
  • Legendary Witch, 
  • My Healing Love, 
  • A Hundred Year's Inheritance.

So if you've any recommendations, I'd appreciate it very much or if there's another thread like this, please guide me to reach it.

Edit:

Dramas I started from the recs in this thread:

• Once Again (on hold after ep1 coz I don't like how both leads are immature),
  • My Golden Life (had put on hold after 19th episode but have finished it now),
  • Father, I'll Take Care Of You (dropped after ep20 coz I've seen too many times Park Eun Bin's storyline, plus she's just blank face in this, & I know Kim Jae Won won't get his revenge in a family drama. But the sister-in-laws were fun),
  • Yellow Boots (on ptw list after ep1)

Hey the long dramas I've watch ( i will include older ones because I didn't watch the new ones)

Flames of ambitious , yellow boots, glass mask i did finish them all and it was nice honestly 

The best kdramas I've watched this year are

Extraordinary Attorney Woo 

Alchemy of Souls 

Hayet_blm:

Hey the long dramas I've watch ( i will include older ones because I didn't watch the new ones)

Flames of ambitious , yellow boots, glass mask i did finish them all and it was nice honestly 

Thanks for these. I think I'll check out yellow boots & glass mask. My main worry is I don't know these lead actors, so I'm a little hesitant but will check them out anyway. I've gotten hooked on May Queen for now. 

Did you stop watching long dramas? Isn't there any recent ones that come to your mind? I prefer recent dramas because the available translations/subtitles are more accurate for them. With old dramas, you've no choice but to make do with what the subtitles say even though you know it isn't accurate. 

ArniA:

The best kdramas I've watched this year are

Extraordinary Attorney Woo 

Alchemy of Souls 

I probably will watch Extraordinary attorney woo, probably not watch alchemy of souls. Atm, I'm tired of these dramas coz They've a set pattern. So I'm looking for something different, something that'll last longer. Both these dramas you suggested are hardly 20 hrs. I can finish each in a day & still not be satisfied with them. Thanks anyway!

ArniA:

My Father is Strange    

My Golden Life    

Empress Ki    

Mr. Sunshine    

I've watched mr. Sunshine. 

My golden life is on hold after 20th episode. Shin hye soon's character has entered their home & park si hoo is realizing his feelings for her, is where I stopped. 

Haven't heard good things about how Empress Ki ends. So I'll probably skip it.

Father is strange is on my radar but I kinda don't like Ju Ji Hoon to watch him for 50 episodes. He comes off too stiff to me.

Thank you again!

For family drama, I think "Once Again" is probably the best in recent years.

100 x 35min episodes.

nosnoop:

For family drama, I think "Once Again" is probably the best in recent years.

100 x 35min episodes.

The main female lead, does she have evil in-laws, at the beginning of the show? If it(bitterness of the mother-in-law) doesn't last long, I'll watch it.

Kitamura Kou:

The main female lead, does she have evil in-laws, at the beginning of the show? 

I think you are talking about Na Hee (second daughter)?

No, this drama is not about evil in-laws.  She did not get along with the mother-in-law at the beginning, but actually her mother-in-law and her own mother were high school classmates.  So the relationship was a bit complicated, but the drama moves along nicely and you get to know each character, and their relationship and dynamics change as the story unfolds.

nosnoop:

No, this drama is not about evil in-laws.  She did not get along with the mother-in-law at the beginning, but actually her mother-in-law and her own mother were high school classmates.  So the relationship was a bit complicated, but the drama moves along nicely and you the know each character, and their relationship and dynamics change as the story unfolds.

Thanks!I'm guessing Na Hee doesn't get divorced after all. But don't tell me. I'm adding Once again to my watchlist. 

But before that, I'm thinking about watching Scandal, another Kim Jae Won drama.

Hi!, Thank you for contridu

nosnoop:

No, this drama is not about evil in-laws.  She did not get along with the mother-in-law at the beginning, but actually her mother-in-law and her own mother were high school classmates.  So the relationship was a bit complicated, but the drama moves along nicely and you get to know each character, and their relationship and dynamics change as the story unfolds.

Do the main leads, Na Hee & her husband, stay immature for long? I tried watching it a few times but both of them were pretty irritating. So I've stopped, for now.

Maybe it's not for you if you find them irritating.   I watched it quite a while ago, so I cannot tell you how many episodes it will take.

Maybe I am a bit biased, I like Lee Min Jung (Na Hee) & Lee Sang Yeob and their previous works.   And Na Hee's character was quite typical for Lee Min Jung, so I quite enjoy watching them rather than finding them irritating.

nosnoop:

Maybe it's not for you if you find them irritating.   I watched it quite a while ago, so I cannot tell you how many episodes it will take.

Maybe I am a bit biased, I like Lee Min Jung (Na Hee) & Lee Sang Yeob and their previous works.   And Na Hee's character was quite typical for Lee Min Jung, so I quite enjoy watching them rather than finding them irritating.

I'm biased against Lee Min jung because of her drama FATES & FURIES. it was very bad. & I've seen lee sang yeob only in 2nd lead characters, which don't really offer much range to look for. 

Anyway, I'll try a few more times before giving up.