I guess nobody started one about it so i took the initiative and did a thread (correct me if i'm wrong... couldn't find any thread related to it^^) ::Immortal Song 2:: The show is produced and aired by KBS and involves Idols and Singers alike to compete against each other showing their performance skills and singing abilities. In each of the episodes, a 'legend' in the korean music industry is chosen. Each of the contestants (6 or more) are given the task to chose a song from this particular legend and to perform it in front of an audience. The song needs to be rearranged in their own way so to win over the audience. Immortal Song 2 is a competition based variety show meaning that the singer compete against each other. The winners are not decided by the 'legend' but by the audience votes (the members of the audience are the judges). *the show does not include any price money or such (just a trophy) but the winner gets recognition from the public and the legend itself* The order of performances are actually decided during the show, the main MC (Shin Dong Yup) chooses one ball from the bowl and the next contestant is chosen to perform. The other contestants wait in the 'waiting room' where they comment about the others performance. Immortal song 2 has many different idols through its airing and also great singers that may be not known by many of us foreigners. Idols and singers include such as Hyorin (SISTAR), G.O. (MBLAQ), Junsu (2pm), Woohyun (INFINITE), ALi, Hong Kyung Min, Shin Jongjae (4MEN), Davichi, Jay Park, Taemin (SHINee) and many more. There is also MCs involved through the show: Shin Dong Yup, Kim Gura, Davichi's Kang Min Kyung, Jun Hyun Moo and Moon Heejun (H.O.T). Also through this show you can learn a lot about previous singers that shook the korean industry from 50s till our time. The remake of the songs are quite enjoyable and many times you actually recognize some as they have been sung by idols previously. hope this helps and also gets others interested in the show ^^
I just seen this thread.. I am a HUGE fan of this show, although I can't find it subbed anywhere anymore, nor can I find good vids non subbed, so I kind of stopped watching after ep 32... :(
I didn't realize there was a thread for Immortal Song 2 either... I love this show too, the singers are amazing. In IS2 I realized that some singers I already knew sing much better than I thought and also discovered some amazing talents who were totally new to me. I got to know many legendary Korean singers, too. It's very initeresting, I think. And omg, the legend from ep 35 (and 36) is so cute! I can't help smiling every time I see him... Am I weird? xD lol Actually, I stopped watching IS2 after subbers stopped subbing (it was around ep 32) and even after they continued, I was too lazy to watch it but now I'm continuing again just because I know thatI HAVE to watch it. I mean, it gives you such a great feeling when you listen to singers with such great voices! (I would give a link to eps 33-46 if someone still hasn't seen them but I'm not sure if I can post it. I think i read somewhere that we're not supposted to post random links... or maybe I'm mixing this up with some other forum? xP Lol, sorry. Tell me if I'm wrong and I'll post the link if needed. :D)
yeah i was surprised that there wasn't a thread for it so i created one :) it so good love the remakes ^^

this is my favorite one-->
steciLovesDramas wrote: yeah i was surprised that there wasn't a thread for it so i created one :) it so good love the remakes ^^

Oh yeah, I remember that one, I like it too. For me it would be impossible to choose one favourite form all the amazing remakes. x)
Ailess wrote:

(I would give a link to eps 33-46 if someone still hasn't seen them but I'm not sure if I can post it.

You could always pm me the link ;)
steciLovesDramas wrote: yeah i was surprised that there wasn't a thread for it so i created one

I have a few favs, that I will share.. your fav, I liked it, but it didn't give me the "Wow, he is amazing" feeling.

Although there are many of her performances that I loved, this is the song that made me a fan:

phoenixtearz9 wrote: You could always pm me the link ;)

I have a few favs, that I will share.. your fav, I liked it, but it didn't give me the "Wow, he is amazing" feeling.

Although there are many of her performances that I loved, this is the song that made me a fan:

I pm'd you the link. :3

I love Jonghyun (SHINee <3) and of course he did well~ I always remember how he cried when Yesung lost to him...
And omg, A Red Dragonfly is totally amazing, Ali daebak. <3 Now I can't get the song out of my head... xD
I like Yesungs voice too, I remember always looking forward to his stages. :3 He deserved the win here.
yeah~ red dragonfly by Ali is really amazing!! love that one too~ :)
I was trying to play catch up, and I think I found my favoritist ALi performance yet..

I was re-watching some of the older episodes, and was totally amazed by how good HongKi(FT Island) was in this song:
I hear this show before but it don't catch my attention... But I just happen to watch one of Changmin's performance and trigger my interest.. I'm going to watch this now..starting from the 1st episode.. It will be exciting...All of the best singer were here!!!
darkangel662008 wrote: I hear this show before but it don't catch my attention...
But I just happen to watch one of Changmin's performance and trigger my interest..
I'm going to watch this now..starting from the 1st episode..
It will be exciting...All of the best singer were here!!!

Enjoy! The beginning episodes to me were awesome, because it was new. You could tell as the episodes went along, the gaining popularity, because the production and what not got better, but still one of my favoritist episodes was one with Yesung.. I'd say tho that the classic episodes were all before episode 10.. if you need to know where to find some episodes let me know..
phoenixtearz9 wrote: Enjoy! The beginning episodes to me were awesome, because it was new. You could tell as the episodes went along, the gaining popularity, because the production and what not got better, but still one of my favoritist episodes was one with Yesung.. I'd say tho that the classic episodes were all before episode 10.. if you need to know where to find some episodes let me know..

I like all there performance..but my favorite will always be Changmin's...he was so cool when he sing, he gets more and more charming.
And all those performance never failed to make me smile..even though he can't win over to those who always do their performance in all high notes...
darkangel662008 wrote: I like all there performance..but my favorite will always be Changmin's...he was so cool when he sing, he gets more and more charming.

I can see why your favs would be Changmin's. He has a very clear & powerful voice, I like it. My favorite types of voices are like Yesung's or Hong Ki I like raspiness in a voice, doesn't matter if it's lower or high, as long as it's raspy & full of emotion. What episode are you on? I am re-watching all the eps, and am currently on ep 38
phoenixtearz9 wrote: I can see why your favs would be Changmin's. He has a very clear & powerful voice, I like it. My favorite types of voices are like Yesung's or Hong Ki I like raspiness in a voice, doesn't matter if it's lower or high, as long as it's raspy & full of emotion. What episode are you on? I am re-watching all the eps, and am currently on ep 38

Changmin is my favorite but not because of his voice, it his overall performance:-)
I even think that the kind of performance he done to this show won't bring him any winnings...
Cause as I observe audiences always prefer those act which involved hitting high pitch notes...like how Hyorin always win and Yesung when he win...but Changmin's performance was always cheerful and playful...like he always likes to include acts and props, and his more on entertainment side than showing off/challenging his voice range and quality...

But of course it doesn't mean I don't like singer with high and powerful voice like Hyorin and Hongki...
I know how to appreciate their individuality...That's why I felt bad to Jieun(Secret) every time she falls on last place:-(
And watching this show made me appreciate them more...and feel more proud for them:-)