peng-peng:

"Zhuan Xu held her hand: "I'm fine. Fenglong helped me block the first arrow. The second arrow hit a secret guard. The blood on my body is Fenglong's.""

If the arrow was meant for FLg  ,  ZX would not be saying this.  " helped me block.....

Fenglong used his own body "to block" the 1rst arrow.

The arrow was meant for ZX. 

That does indeed suggest that CX was the intended target. 

And yet if XL wanted to make everyone (or even just XY) think that he was targeting CX when he really only intended to kill Feng Long, and he had control of when he appeared and when he took his shots, and he had the ability to shoot arrows with unique trajectories, isn't it possible that he appeared, waited for the exact right timing when Feng Long was already moving to cover CX, and then shot his first arrow? And that if he wanted to hit CX he could have directed his first arrow to follow a unique trajectory so that it would still graze CX (as the poison was strong enough that only a graze was needed) despite Feng Long moving to try to block him? Or the same for his second arrow?

I'm not saying I think that this interpretation is more likely or compelling than the other. I'm just saying that it still seems like there is enough there to make this interpretation possible. And with Tong Hua that always makes me pause. 

FTCU:
Xl DID intend to kill ZX from the start, even before XY figured it was her cousin whom she’s been looking for, for centuries. Didn’t xl use her to bring ZX out,then she realized ZX was her cousin in which she blocked the fatal blow which could’ve killed him by the way.

Yes, I agree. In chapter 5 XL tried to kill CX directly and in chapter 7 he worked with FFYY to try and kill CX again. 

Although in both cases he did not yet know XY's true identity or the nature of her relationship with CX and CX's death would have had different political implications. 

FTCU:
Also later in the novel, if FL was the intended target,xl is an assassin for hire no? He had many opportunities to kill him

If he killed Feng Long at a different time when CX and XY were not present, it would not have acheived all of the necessary things that XL needed to happen, and did successfully make happen, with XY in chapter 46. 

FTCU:
FL took the arrow intended for ZX because he felt compelled to save him & also to atone for his sins(him going along with his sister’s plan to kill XY).

Yes, I agree that Feng Long had several reasons to protect CX in this situation. 

Loyalty as his friend, brother-in-law, and Emperor. Atoning for helping Xing Yue try to kill XY. Trying to win merits so that he could beg CX to spare Xing Yue and treat her well. 

FTCU:
Even in the plum assassination arc, if Jing hadn’t used his powers to keep her body from burning,will ZX or XL have a body to save? They’d have met her ashes,he took in the burn while he preserved her body. 

I agree that TSJ often gets too little credit from some fans for the role he played in saving XY's life after her assisination in chapter 21. IMO, TSJ, CX (and his people), and XL each played a vital role in saving her. If any of the three had not done what they did, she would have died. 

Nobody EVER pushed XY towards Jing. Nobody. Not in the novel amd not in the drama.  XY wanted Jing, she had longued to be with him the most. 

Nobody had given XY to Jing. Nobody. 

@ AH

I appreciate how you put out constructive comments without downplaying any other characters, if only others were thinking like you too, the world would’ve been a better place heh.

peng-peng:

Nobody EVER pushed XY towards Jing. Nobody. Not in the novel amd not in the drama.  XY wanted Jing, she had longued to be with him the most. 

That’s true, that’s why I ALWAYS emphasize on that 15 year promise. XY could’ve easily said no right? But she didn’t. Jing didn’t pressure nor blackmail her, he let her choose of her own free will. 

What ZX didn’t know was XY already had feelings for Jing since qingshui town, so when he told her that at that time she didn’t have feelings for him, XY too didn’t say anything cos she didn’t want to tell him & also their 15 year promise was a secret, made me chuckle. If only he knew, he’d have foamed by then lmao.

@AH

there is not need of "If " to explain what is going on in that scene. No need.  

Sorry but the way you are describing the scene is as if you were there?  Xl did this, calculated this and that, waited for the prefect moment when FL was close .....etc.    This is too much gymnastics  to kill Flg when he could just aim at him directly.   I do not buy this at all . It is like fanfiction to me .

soTreeD:
Actually nobody really knew if Xiangliu would die if Xiaoyao died. He had multiple lives after all. That's why Xiaoyao asked him if he would die if she died.

That's true. It's only heavily implied without being confirmed absolutely.

soTreeD:
Xiangliu always knew there was a way to break the bugs connecting him to Xiaoyao by sacrificing his life to destroy the bug. If it came down to it, he would have still lived on to serve Hong jiang instead of joining Xiaoyao in death. That is my take on Xiangliu's character. He would soldier on. I don't see any evidence that he will in fact, be willing to die for Xiaoyao and join her instead of completing his life's 'purpose' that he had taken on.

I agree that he knew how to break the connection from the start. Although doing so is not an easy process. He needed to be physically holding XY's hand, he needed to perform a whole blood ritual, and he needed to sacrifice one of his extra lives to lure out the bugs. 

If XY died instantly or if she was very far from XL or difficult to get to when she was mortally wounded, it seems very likely that the bug connection would kill XL before XL would have the opportunity to break the connection?

For example, if TSJ had not arrived in time to save XY from the flames in chapter 21 long before XL was able to arrive, then XY would have died and unless the bug connection did not work as implied/expected, XL would die with her before having the chance to break the connection. 

soTreeD:
Xiangliu has many heads, he will keep calculating but who is to say he had no regrets over what he does? He himself said he is contradictory.

Lol, yes he did indeed. 

soTreeD:
In a way, he stole a few lives to give Xiaoyao instead of giving all 9 to Hong jiang's cause - I think that was something he chose to do for himself.

Agreed. 

soTreeD:
PS thanks your tip worked!! I am allowed to quote long posts now lol

Oh good!

peng-peng:

My personal view is that there were times when others, mainly XL, did push XY towards TSJ. Not because she didn't love him or want to be with him. Just because there were other obstacles, like his engagement/marriage or even XY's own insecurities, that sometimes got in the way for a bit. 

FTCU:

That’s true, that’s why I ALWAYS emphasize on that 15 year promise. XY could’ve easily said no right? But she didn’t. Jing didn’t pressure nor blackmail her, he let her choose of her own free will. 

What ZX didn’t know was XY already had feelings for Jing since qingshui town, so when he told her that at that time she didn’t have feelings for him, XY too didn’t say anything cos she didn’t want to tell him & also their 15 year promise was a secret, made me chuckle. If only he knew, he’d have foamed by then lmao.

He probably tried to kill Jing sooner LOOOL
I have kept count of the times big bro Cangxuan was hiding in dark staring at Jing ( weapons optional ) ...

FTCU:

@ AH

I appreciate how you put out constructive comments without downplaying any other characters, if only others were thinking like you too, the world would’ve been a better place heh.

Thank you for saying that FTCU. I do think it would be nicer if there was more constructive and reasonably respectful discussion and less character bashing and fanwarfare. 

soTreeD:

He probably tried to kill Jing sooner LOOOL
I have kept count of the times big bro Cangxuan was hiding in dark staring at Jing ( weapons optional ) ...

Lmao like waaayy sooner, cos that thought always make me burst out laughing ?. Jing is ZX’s rival, he sees Jing as a BIG THREAT! So with Jing outta the way, XY will be zx’s side again(well that’s what he thought), not knowing she’ll never forget him and was already his wife. She even told ZX that, what if I never forget Jing? And he said, I’m not saying forget him,just find a place in your heart for me.

AH :

Thank you for saying that FTCU. It do think it would be nicer if there was more constructive and reasonably respectful discussion and less character bashing and fanwarfare. 

That’s why I stopped commenting in the main section, cos it’s like talking to a brick wall. You can have a fav character, but don’t bash others to uplift yours. It’ll make you look childish.

FTCU:

ZX’s story may be sad but I’ll NEVER feel sorry for him nor will I EVER feel sorry for xl too. Both have used her on many occasions & even one physically abused her but people will still defend him cos he saved her. Even in the plum assassination arc, if Jing hadn’t used his powers to keep her body from burning,will ZX or XL have a body to save? They’d have met her ashes,he took in the burn while he preserved her body. 

I’ve kept quiet but in s2 I don’t want to hear any nonsense about Jing, you are always welcome to state your opinion but don’t insult the characters to uplift your fav. I may be bias when it comes to Jing but I’ll never insult other characters, but rather give constructive criticism/feedback. 

I could never feel sorry for ZX. I disliked the way he lied to XY when she asked him why he killed her man. He lied to her . " because he hurt you. Blablabla" . How low of him. 

peng-peng:

I could never feel sorry for ZX. I disliked the way he lied to XY when she asked him why he killed her man. He lied to her . " because he hurt you. Blablabla" . How low of him. 

Also he used her to get Jing’s support since Jing’s got massive backing & connections,without him,ZX wouldn’t have been able to succeed in becoming the emperor. 

He tried to gaslight XY, but I like how it backfired on him. She told him,they both were at fault. Love isn’t one way,it takes 2 people to communicate & work together. Jing healed her emotional wounds & made her open heart. 

AH :
If XY died instantly or if she was very far from XL or difficult to get to when she was mortally wounded, it seems very likely that the bug connection would kill XL before XL would have the opportunity to break the connection?

This is the confusing part. Why the emphasis on Xiangliu's 9 lives if he would lose all 9 just because Xiaoyao dies once? Mathematically it doesn't compute...
Logically won't it mean he will lose one life and move on? The dying bugs should only take 1 head ( 1 life ) when they die due to the connection.

When Xiaoyao was almost dead after her first assassination attempt in the forest, Xiangliu did not lose a life then. The spirit power from Jing , Cangxuan's men and Xiangliu's own life force managed to provide her with just enough tethering to keep her heart beating very very slightly. Her decades long recuperation was because the damage to her body was very extensive, like major organ damage...

And for that time, he healed her over the 37 years and he didn't give her one life either like many misinformed posts kept saying. In the novel at least, when he saved her from her assassination attempt after being lured out to sea by the assassin pretending to be Jing, his demon form had all 9 heads intact.

So yeah to me, I don't think Xiangliu would have been killed by the bug in him. It would seem like how the bugs would claim their life by self-destructing, so it would only be 1 bug which I doubt can claim all of his 9 lives at one go.

FTCU:

Lmao like waaayy sooner, cos that thought always make me burst out laughing ?. Jing is ZX’s rival, he sees Jing as a BIG THREAT! So with Jing outta the way, XY will be zx’s side again(well that’s what he thought), not knowing she’ll never forget him and was already his wife. She even told ZX that, what if I never forget Jing? And he said, I’m not saying forget him,just find a place in your heart for me.

In the end my heart really ached for Cangxuan but I really still couldn't forgive him for everything he did to novel Xiaoyao.

I think we are going to have to make like a multiverse thing now. novel-Xiaoyao and drama-Xiaoyao. LOOOL