We are performing scheduled database maintenance, which may cause temporary downtime. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.

(suite4)

The Yellow Emperor sadly lowered his head and after a long time asked “Xiao Yao, do you hate me?”

“What you want to ask is whether my mom hated you? She didn’t say but I think after all these years she has come to accept that Xuan Yuan taking over for Sheng Nong was going to happen no matter what. My mom and my dad’s fated life was destined from the moment they met. Only if they didn’t fall in love with each other, because once they fell in love then it was the beginning of the end for them. Zhuan Xu described you like the sun shining down to bring life and warmth to the world. But those who got to close to you burned up and perished.”

“Do you hate me?”

Xiao Yao sighed “I don’t know. If I didn’t sneak off Jade Mountain and grew up in the palace, I would definitely hate you. But I lived an ordinary hard-scrabble life out in the common world as just a citizen living under the rule of the Yellow Emperor. I felt your warmth so I can’t ever fully hate you. Zhuan Xu once hated Zhu Rong who caused him to lose his parents but in the end for the people he accepted Little Zhu Rong. Just like Zhuan Xu once said, some men are born to take care of one family, others destined to take care of an entire clan. And you and Zhuan Xu live for people of the world, for millions of ordinary lives…….you guys must sever personal feelings for the greater good. Grandfather, you don’t need to ask if I hate you because whether I hate you or not everything has happened already.”

Xiao Yao stood up “I’m going to wash and change. Oh right, if Zhuan Xu is angry with me then you need to be on my side. You can explain to him why the desert is now raining! My mom is his auntie so he ought to know the truth!” That painful memory she didn’t want to relive it again in explaining so she handed it off to the Yellow Emperor.

His voice reached Xiao Yao from behind her so she stopped.

“Back then, I forced your mom to pick up arms and go into battle. All I wanted was for her to wear down Qi Yo’s army and its willpower. After the soldiers will was low then I would arrive with reinforcements and attack. I never could have imagined that your mom would summon the sun power within her body, or that the sun power would be that deadly and uncontrollable. When I saw your mom turning into a demon I was filled with deep regret but it was too late. Xiao Yao, I have used countless people in my life but I never intended to sacrifice my daughter’s life for my ambition.”

Xiao Yao wiped her tears away “I believe you. I also know Zhuan Xu would understand as well.”

That night when Zhuan Xu arrived on Xiao Yue Peak, Xiao Yao was sitting on the swing under the phoenix tree softly swaying.

Zhuan Xu’s expression was dark and he glared at Xiao Yao.

Xiao Yao acted clueless and made a face at him “Grandfather has something to say to you!”

Zhuan Xu didn’t leave and checked out Xiao Yao carefully. He suddenly rushed over and lifted her chin and brushed her hair aside on her forehead “Where is the red peach blossom mark here?”

Xiao Yao pointed to the peach blossom hair pin in her hair “It’s here.”

“How did that happen? Did Master break the spell for you?”

“Grandfather is waiting for you and he’ll tell you what happened.”

“Wait here for me!” Zhuan Xu rushed into the house.

It wasn’t until late into the night did Zhuan Xu come back out. Xiao Yao was still sitting on the swing and playing with an incense ball on a string in her hand to tease the fireflies.

Zhuan Xu walked over and sat down on the grass. Xiao Yao tossed the incense ball to him and he tossed it back, together the two of them played with the fireflies as if creating a milky way of firefly light.

Xiao Yao laughed out loud and Zhuan Xu joined in.

Zhuan Xu quieted down and said “I’m so sorry, I never imagined Auntie was still alive…..I should have gone with you.” From Auntie’s death until being found alive and then really dying, Xiao Yao’s pain was impossible to fathom. Every time he was in pain she was always beside him, but when she was in pain he was never beside her.

Xiao Yao played with the incense ball and the fireflies circled her “No one could have imagined that. Even Grandfather and the Grand Emperor wasn’t sure my mom was still alive. Don’t worry about me, I’m really going to be fine. In the past I hated my mom for abandoning me so that whenever I missed her I felt empty inside. Now I know that both my mom and dad really loved and cherished me. Even though they are gone but now when I think of them my heart feels full.”

Zhuan Xu still couldn’t forgive himself. When Xiao Yao was running for her life he wasn’t beside her; when she was captured by the nine-tailed fox he wasn’t beside her; when she went to see Auntie he wasn’t beside her. Zhuan Xu seriously wanted to beat himself up.

Xiao Yao cocked her head and stared at Zhuan Xu “You’re not mad at me anymore, right?”

“No, I’m mad at myself. Forget about the past….but at least now I ought to have been with you.”

“You’re the Black Emperor and have too many things you need to do. You can’t travel the world with me! I appreciate that you have the heart though!”

Zhuan Xu was silent and gradually the sorrowful rage in his heart expanded. He controlled the world now but he couldn’t travel the world with Xiao Yao!

“Zhuan Xu?” Xiao Yao tossed the incense ball as the fireflies flew towards him.

In the light she could see his expression filled with utter desolation. Zhuan Xu said “I really wish I could accompany you like Jing, to tour the mountains and vistas, to ease your worries, to go see Auntie with you.”

“Zhuan Xu, it’s really no big deal! I’m fine!”

Zhuan Xu looked up at the sky and suddenly asked “What if my mom and dad didn’t die, what would we be like now? What would I be like now?”

Xiao Yao was taken aback and thought about it but didn’t have a clue “I don’t know. Maybe like now, one of us sitting on the swing and the other sitting on the grass, both of us playing with fireflies. What do you think?”

Zhuan Xu tossed the incense ball back to Xiao Yao “I would be like my dad, in my entire life I would only love one woman. I will play the flute for her. I will build a swing for her. I will darken her brow for her. I will make cosmetics for her. I will take her back to Ruo Sui and marry her under the sacred Ruo Sui tree and be with her forever and always. No matter what, I would always be by her side.”

Even though this was a somber topic but Xiao Yao couldn’t hold it in anymore and burst out laughing. She quickly apologized “I’m sorry, I’m sorry! I don’t want to laugh but I…..I…..can’t imagine…..if you really were like that then what will happen to all those women in Zhi Jin Palace. Who will they marry?”

Zhuan Xu guffawed.

Xiao Yao couldn’t see his expression but could sense sadness in his laughter. She quickly tossed the incense ball back “Zhuan Xu?”

Zhuan Xu caught the incense ball and in the light of the fireflies his expression was absolutely normal and filled with laughter. It appeared he found amusement in what he said as well so Xiao Yao relaxed.

Zhuan Xu stood up “I’m heading back. You hurry up and go to sleep.”

Xiao Yao jumped down from the swing and carefully asked “Gege, you won’t be mad at Jing, right? He only did it to help me.”

Zhuan Xu played with the incense ball and said “I didn’t take care of you properly so what does that have to do with him?”

“Will you punish Xiao Xiao and Miao Pu?”

“Since you asked it means you don’t want them punished so I won’t punish them.”

“I just knew you wouldn’t be mad!” Xiao Yao smiled sweetly and walked towards her room “I’m going to bed, see you tomorrow.”

“Xiao Yao!

Xiao Yao turned around and smiled at Zhuan Xu.

Zhuan Xu stared at her and smiled before tossing the incense ball at her “See you tomorrow.”

End of chapter....Enjoy :D:D

PS: absolut credit to owner :D!

peng-peng:

I which someone could analyse XL without love bug connection. What would his relationship with XY look like?  I wonder.

their symbols are love bugs, two xl pics in her mirror, crystals ...all those things still dont get them together ....her so called romantic feelings for xl are vague..

Winny Aye:
their symbols are love bugs, two xl pics in her mirror, crystals ...all those things still dont get them together ....her so called romantic feelings for xl are vague..

I call it reverie, feel like the same meaning yes.

@ Winny Aye 

"All i get is TH message of whatever of this connection thingy, our driven actions that gives results. So not just clinging towards all those kind of stuffs,   unseen bond or something mysterious mythical like love bugs, just act out for what you want." 

Exactly how I felt when reading as well hence why I was not that fluttered by the voodoo.

Due to  my background ( african), when I read about it all I could think of was joojoo that sometimes msn or woman do  to get a love partner.   I know fully well that is was not the case with XL  but I just could not help myself. Hence why I alway call the bug a curse/ cheat. In real live we all go into love experience blind  so ti speak. We do not know  100 % how our lover feels  about us. LyF is fiction but it has morality in it. 

Symbolika1:

I call it reverie, feel like the same meaning yes.

sort of reverie...for some viewers yep...

peng-peng:

@ Winny Aye 

"All i get is TH message of whatever of this connection thingy, our driven actions that gives results. So not just clinging towards all those kind of stuffs,   unseen bond or something mysterious mythical like love bugs, just act out for what you want." 

Exactly how I felt when reading as well hence why I was not that fluttered by the voodoo.

Due to  my background ( african), when I read about it all I could think of was joojoo that sometimes msn or woman do  to get a love partner.   I know fully well that is was not the case with XL  but I just could not help myself. Hence why I alway call the bug a curse/ cheat. In real live we all go into love experience blind  so ti speak. We do not know  100 % how our lover feels  about us. LyF is fiction but it has morality in it. 

This is very interesting! Yes ,LyF has morality. 

@Symbolika1

A large portrait was hung in the main entrance chamber of Qi Yo wearing all red and standing on the back of his giant condor winged ride with an arrogant fearless look on his face.

Xiao Yao placed the bag on the table and stared at the portrait for a long time before smiling at Jing “This is my dad.”

Jing got on his knees and bowed three times before lighting three incense sticks.

I love this scene on how XY introduced her dad to Jing and he bowed to Qi Yo's portrait . 

Im meaning this..her lines..

Xiao Yao shook Jing’s hand “Don’t worry, there is no absolutes in this world. If no one has broken the spell before then let me be the first.”

it sounds she might be comforting Jing. but actually i think she didnt care much...?

Are y’all still on this issue or y’all gonna move past it?

peng-peng:

@ Winny Aye 

joojoo...was it a love spell? well it sounds a cheat in story anyway ...if its spell..then its sort of a curse. well i was not fluttered by the curse then...

Winny Aye:
I love this scene on how XY introduced her dad to Jing and he bowed to Qi Yo's portrait . 

- Yes. Introducing your man to father and mother means a lot. You want to put your man in your familly branch.

Winny Aye:
Xiao Yao shook Jing’s hand “Don’t worry, there is no absolutes in this world. If no one has broken the spell before then let me be the first.”

it sounds she might be comforting Jing. but actually i think she didnt care much...?

I'll add : “Once I break it I’ll pass on the knowledge to you as gratitude for your ancestor teaching me voodoo.” 

“Everything is done that needed to be taken care of, let’s go home!

- For me she is just being curious = the word "knowledge" I hear it as an echo of her professional look , she want to write about it, and share to the world generously all her cumulated knowledge.  

Not at all to use it as a love toy :D. So..agree :).

Romans_Revenge:

we will move past soon...its just clearing something off...and both Jing and Xiao Yao in the chapter...i m glad they both went together to her dad residence ...he got to meet dad in law through picture...which i think is still good. 

Romans_Revenge:

All good !

Symbolika1:

All good !

yes...and hes just so cutee...

Symbolika1:

- Yes. Introducing your man to father and mother means a lot. You want to put your man in your familly branch.

I'll add : “Once I break it I’ll pass on the knowledge to you as gratitude for your ancestor teaching me voodoo.”

“Everything is done that needed to be taken care of, let’s go home!

- For me she is just being curious = the word "knowledge" I hear it as an echo of her professional look , she want to write about it, and share to the world generously all her cumulated knowledge.  Notat all to use it as a love toy :D. So..agree :).

yes i think she is sort of interested in it but not really worry i mean.. yep.:)