We are performing scheduled database maintenance, which may cause temporary downtime. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.
 Symbolika1:

Sharing some pics of bombastic Deng Wei from today! <3

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

more here=>https://mydramalist.com/discussions/general-discussion/121137-deng-wei-a-daily-picture-show?page=2

:D BB to read you here!

Looking good in white hair, honestly a lot of hair colors,suit him.

Been a minute since I made a post lol, anyway if I’m your man and you tell your mother that I’m the only one available will make me have second thoughts & initially start to have doubts. No matter how much TSJ love XY,he wouldn’t settle to be “available” nor number 2, even he’s smart enough to back out & let her go for the one she truly wants. Didn’t he do that even when he was “married”. He chose to abrupt her wedding in order for her to be happy rather than be in a loveless marriage. So I don’t get the he’s the “only available” man. As a mother,if my daughter says something like that, I’d be skeptical or bluntly disapprove of my daughter being with a man because he’s “available”. I may be dead,but not stupid lol.

peng-peng:

Some may argue that WXL chooses YSQ because only him was available as she also said it herself in chapter 36 when reuniting with her mother. 

This is something I dislike about her. She makes her own feeling for him look cheap and second and honestly it would make her mother and other think that she is settling as if she has no other options.  Is she ashamed to say it loud that he is in her heart even if let say he was 15% in it? 

If let say my daughter come and say something like this about the msn she is introducing to me, I would tell her that there are may fish in the sea and that she is still young and does not need to settle. 

I do not like this kind of heroin at all. She needed too much push and guidance from  others.  Her want are not that clear. Lol. 

Umm...It's true though. Xiao Yao didn't much speak of her own heart desire out loud and prefer to keep it to herself. But I'd find it is to keep calm to herself. 

"She needed too much push and guidance from others." I personally do not think exactly like that. It's true she felt lost at times. But in the end, she actually follow her heart. 

I think my saying about  chapter 36 is not perfect as I skip something. 

"She makes her own feeling for him look cheap and second and honestly it would make her mother and other think that she is settling as if she has no other options.  Is she ashamed to say it loud that he is in her heart even if let say he was 15% in it?"

I personally do not think like that. What I missed to say is that there are many could think like that and also many XL fans are claiming it too. But you are right about XY making not much known about her own feelings. That's actually why I think ZX let her spend time with Jing, intially at least. In Asia culture though, or I'd say at some era and times, woman acting so much over a guy is not much well respected. She's supposed to be calm if even she was so much in love, especially not to act like that in front of people surrounding. 

But if we read that part in chapter 36 carefully, I think we could all get that and consider how XY assure her mother, I think XY is implying that only Jing could fulfill her desire for life partner. And XY assured her mother about Jing is that guy who will NEVER abandon her, and her own level of trust, rather than just letting out her side feelings. But i understand one could feel awkward because XY was shy and awkward at meeting her mom and introducing her bf to her. And I think A Heng understand XY as she chuckled.

Chapter 36

Ah Heng knew Xiao Yao’s emotional knot over this issue so didn’t get angry with Xiao Yao calling her dad by his name but also didn’t answer her question. She asked “Who is the young man behind you?”

Xiao Yao turned around and her heart fluttered in nervous sweetness as if she was on a secret date with her boyfriend and her parents caught them.

The Grand Emperor answered “His name is Tu Shan Jing, the Qing Qiu Tu Shan clan’s current clan leader.”

Jing knelt to the ground to bow his head low “Greetings to the Princess.”

Ah Heng raised her hand “No need for such formality, you are the clan leader.”

The Grand Emperor explained “He wants your most precious thing, of course he’ll be like this.”

Ah Heng looked at Jing bowing on the ground behind Xiao Yao with no intention of getting up and understood everything. She felt conflicted and couldn’t speak for some time.

Jing and Xiao Yao nervously remained kneeling until Xiao Yao couldn’t help but call out “Mom?”

Ah Heng appeared to snap out of it and asked “Is he good to you?”

Xiao Yao said “Yes, very good.”

Ah Heng added “No one treats you even better? Why does it have to be him?”

Xiao Yao said “Because only him, no matter what happens, he will never leave me.”

Ah Heng appeared to chuckle before she called “Jing!

“I’m here.”

“Please take care of Xiao Yao.”

Was that her stamp of approval for him? Jing immediately bowed three times and joyfully replied “I will definitely do that.”

All..in all..I really like Jing assuring word "I'm here."

peng-peng:
available

Short answer=>  If availability were the only factor, she could have chosen other options, but her choice reflects a deeper connection with Jing. 

POV: excerpts vs POV: Whole picture and the destination/finallity :).

Winny Aye:
All..in all..I really like Jing assuring word "I'm here."

:D The more I hear them...the more I like them! <3

Romans_Revenge:

But I thought she said,’yes it’s only him, he’s the only one who wouldn’t leave me’. So where’s the availability coming from? Even Jing would’ve had second thoughts if she said only him is available.

I think i wrongly put that example ..skipping to say other stuffs on XY. What i am meaning is people could take like that by her words. But if we read the scene carefully XY was nervous. I think it is her way of assuring her mother only Jing could fulfill what she desire most in life. And yes to XY, its Jing who's available to her cos she had no desire to yearn for it with any other guy. I think A Heng understood her daughter.

@Symbolika1

Encapsulation of the Journey:

• The combined symbolism of water and the sea, along with the bird and the tree, encapsulates Xiao Yao's entire journey—a journey of self-discovery, growth, and the quest for authenticity.
  • Xiao Yao's life is likened to a cycle where she explores the world, learns about herself, and ultimately returns to her authentic self and true home with Jing. The journey, much like water and a bird's flight, is a natural and transformative process.

In essence, this symbolism underscores Xiao Yao's evolution from a wandering soul to someone who finds solace, fulfillment, and her true home. It's a poetic representation of her profound journey of self-realization and the discovery of a life that aligns with her deepest desires and her choice for TushanJing.

Thank you so much sharing about the symbols of water and bird which representing Xiao Yao. 

She is such a wandering soul but most of the time I think she stays true to herself overall. I mean Xiao Yao is one of my fav female lead for no reason. Her strength is that she's able to true to herself overall. Her protective nature to love ones and her sympathy for all creatures. Yet she is able to be fierce if time call for it. Her flaws are that she is reckless and  felt lost at times. 

But overall I like how TH make Xiao Yao an ordinary woman with strength and flaws, yet very fancinating and inspiring. It's also applied to Tushan Jing, who is "as true as a tree" for Xiao Yao. I may talk more about him later. 

Winny Aye:

I think i wrongly put that example ..skipping to say other stuffs on XY. What i am meaning is people could take like that by her words. But if we read the scene carefully XY was nervous. I think it is her way of assuring her mother only Jing could fulfill what she desire most in life. And yes to XY, its Jing who's available to her cos she had no desire to yearn for it with any other guy. I think A Heng understood her daughter.

Oh, I get it. They’d gloss over all the other things regarding her nervousness & shyness. But will be quick to say she doesn’t love him. I also understand A heng’s point of view when she was looking at how nervous her daughter was & the way she kept bowing to her for her response.

Symbolika1:

Short answer=>  If availability were the only factor, she could have chosen other options, but her choice reflects a deeper connection with Jing. 

POV: excerpts vs POV: Whole picture and the destination/finallity :).

I’m always smiling when I see this picture 🫣.  She was busy staring at his eyes,while he’s focused on kissing her 🫣

Symbolika1:

Yeah I feel your vibes :D

Lol. DW is fine with white hair. 

Romans_Revenge:

But I thought she said,’yes it’s only him, he’s the only one who wouldn’t leave me’. So where’s the availability coming from? Even Jing would’ve had second thoughts if she said only him is available.

She better have because that line grate me the wrong way not gonna lie. 

Romans_Revenge:

She better have because that line grates me the wrong way not gonna lie. Lol

@Winny Aye 

. In Asia culture though, or I'd say at some era and times, woman acting so much over a guy is not much well respected. She's supposed to be calm if even she was so much in love, especially not to act like that in front of people surrounding.

I will accept that as her reason. 

@ Romans_Revenge 

he’s smart enough to back out & let her go for the one she truly wants. Didn’t he do that even when he was “married”. He chose to abrupt her wedding in order for her to be happy rather than be in a loveless marriage. So I don’t get the he’s the “only available” man. 

I agree.

Xiao Yao turned around and her heart fluttered in nervous sweetness as if she was on a secret date with her boyfriend and her parents caught them.

Yes this is indeed beautiful