We are performing scheduled database maintenance, which may cause temporary downtime. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.
 peng-peng:

@Winny Aye 

I like it how...people in Qing Shui were talking about how great Tushan Jing and his clan are, yet all he was doing was peeling cashew for his Wen Xiao Liu. It is showing he doesn't care about all these outer greatness, whats important to him is to take care of his beloved

me too.  Great point here. 

It's a very rare qualitie to be described that way, when you hold a high pressuring position and are a talented individual in so many disciplines (music, calligraphy, chess, economie etc) ! Let's not relate to our world lol :D... Agree great point :). 

(Will answer later or tomorrow on the other you are covering)

Winny Aye:
After a moment Xiao Liu said “If he helped you, what good will that bring him.” Xiang Liu slowly moved away from Xiao Liu “When matters in the mountain isn’t too busy, sometimes I’m an assassin for hire, and a pretty notorious one at that. If the Tu Shan eldest son asked me to kill him, I would turn him down. If he wanted me to kill the Tu Shan eldest, I will accept the job.”
                                   Xiang Liu's Role in Revealing Tu Shan Jing's Background

Purposeful Revelation: 
Xiang Liu's disclosure of Tu Shan Jing's background serves a specific purpose beyond a casual exchange of information. It aligns with his strategic approach to situations and his calculated involvement in the lives of those around him. 

Providing Context for Xiao Liu: 
Xiang Liu's revelation about Tu Shan Jing's capabilities and family dynamics offers Xiao Liu a more comprehensive understanding of the person she is dealing with. This information goes beyond a mere exchange of facts; it's a deliberate act that can influence/manipulate Xiao Liu's perceptions.

Potential Motivations: 
Xiang Liu's motives for revealing this information may include a desire to shape Xiao Liu's opinions or to prepare her for the complexities of dealing with Tu Shan Jing. It could also be a subtle way of trying to influence her decisions in the future. 

Revised Assessment: 
Xiang Liu's role in revealing Tu Shan Jing's background is more purposeful and calculated than initially described. The information shared is likely strategic, serving a specific purpose in the broader narrative. Xiang Liu's actions, as always, are layered, and his motivations extend beyond mere disclosure. He remind her he can also be an assassin for hire if needed.  
(novel extract ch.5 from Winny)

**Overall Clarification: Xiang Liu's multifaceted nature makes it challenging to pinpoint a singular motive for his actions. His overall agenda remains enigmatic. The revelation about Tu Shan Jing is a part of his larger strategy, and its true implications may unfold as the story progresses. 

peng-peng:

@Winny Aye 

"In my opinion, Xiang Liu is supporting Xiao Liu and Jing union"

I do not see it that way.  What I understood is that he is making a bargain with WXL. He is laying the options -while emphasising  of the  threat that is lirking around Jing life- WXL does or does  not help  in asking Jing for the m edecine. 

If WXL helps him them if  later on in the future such an assassination request come from elder Tu Shan, he will refuse. If WXL does not help them he will accepted to carry out the assassination. 

If WXL help, them he will  assasinate elder TS if Jing request it. 

This is so WXY who cares about Jing, makes the right decision   as it may affect him  wXY as well in the long run like we say. Like both  XL and WXL will benefit from Jing providing say medicine for his soldiers. A win win situation for them both. 

I could be wrong of course. 

Errrr, didn’t xl already know who tushan Hou was & the danger he’ll bring if he was selected as the leader? Didn’t he also know that by letting Hou live, he wouldn’t be able to get food & medicine supply? Xl was doing business with Jing for a century, so he knew of his nature & the tension between Jing & Hou. He likes Jing,that’s why he told WXL he would kill Hou if Jing asks him to do so but if Hou requests to kill Jing,he’d refuse.

peng-peng:
This is so WXY who cares about Jing, makes the right decision = doing what XL ask of him.  Both  XL and WXL will benefit from Jing providing medicine for his soldiers.    In the end this is all for XL's benefit.  

Agree. See post above :) This is opportunistic behavor in that scene.To get precisly what he want (see pic, ep.8 below):

@ Romances_Revenge

Not in any of the chapters that we have  analysed so far and not in chapter 5  .  We know that he knows what is  going on but in that scene. I have to go by what  he expressed.  XL in  chapter 5 has  not stated  that  he likes Jing.  so I cannot assume  that he does.  I am also not  analysing the drama here. 

for the translation chapter 5 

" Xiang Liu conjectured out loud “Do you want to know what the eldest son of the Tu Shan clan is like? Nine years ago, he disappeared right before his wedding. If I contact the eldest son and asked him for some medicine and he asked me to kill a person, what are the odds that the Young Master of Qing Qiu can stay alive?”

After a moment Xiao Liu said “If he helped you, what good will that bring him.” Xiang Liu slowly moved away from Xiao Liu “When matters in the mountain isn’t too busy, sometimes I’m an assassin for hire, and a pretty notorious one at that. If the Tu Shan eldest son asked me to kill him, I would turn him down. If he wanted me to kill the Tu Shan eldest, I will accept the job.”

@Romans_Revenge 

Errrr, didn’t xl already know who tushan Hou was & the danger he’ll bring if he was selected as the leader? Didn’t he also know that by letting Hou live, he wouldn’t be able to get food & medicine supply? Xl was doing business with Jing for a century, so he knew of his nature & the tension between Jing & Hou. He likes Jing,that’s why he told WXL he would kill Hou if Jing asks him to do so but if Hou requests to kill Jing,he’d refuse.

I agree this. His main purpose was to help soldier. The  dealing way was very XL style. But this conversation to me reveal he has some respect for Jing. Telling WXL that Jing was more capable than what she thought. 

@peng

I never said xl said he likes Jing in the novel, but if you read it well you’d know that xl does like Jing due to his nature & business like mind or else he wouldn’t have done business with him for centuries.You don’t have to state you like someone for others to know. Xl wouldn’t have done business with him,if he knew Jing was shady or wasn’t competent. More reason why he told WXL that,if Hou asks him to kill Jing he’d refuse but will gladly kill Hou if Jing asks him.

Winny Aye:

@Romans_Revenge 

Errrr, didn’t xl already know who tushan Hou was & the danger he’ll bring if he was selected as the leader? Didn’t he also know that by letting Hou live, he wouldn’t be able to get food & medicine supply? Xl was doing business with Jing for a century, so he knew of his nature & the tension between Jing & Hou. He likes Jing,that’s why he told WXL he would kill Hou if Jing asks him to do so but if Hou requests to kill Jing,he’d refuse.

I agree this. His main purpose was to help soldier. The  dealing way was very XL style. But this conversation to me reveal he has some respect for Jing. Telling WXL that Jing was more capable than what she thought. 

Exactly, i wouldn’t do business with someone for that long if I didn’t have some sort of respect nor like for that person. He knows Jing is very competent & even goes out of his away sometimes to do things that wouldn’t bring profit to him nor the tushan clan. Would Hou have done the same thing? No! He’d even use the opportunity to wipe out xl’s army & even xl??‍♀️. So I’d do the same thing if I was xl,by telling WXL that if Jing asks me to kill Hou,I’d do it…heck he even told XY that he’d kill FFYY for her if she pays him. I’d say it’s some sort of debt he owes Jing,even tho Jing never asks for any favor in return. He knew everything, knew about Hou & FFYY & wouldn’t hesitate to kill them both if Jing or XY ask him to.

peng-peng:

@Winny Aye 

"In my opinion, Xiang Liu is supporting Xiao Liu and Jing union"

I do not see it that way.  What I understood is that he is making a bargain with WXL. He is laying the options -while emphasising  of the  threat that is lurking around Jing's life- if WXL does or does  not help  in asking Jing for the medecine. 

If WXL helps him, then : 1 -if  later on in the future such an assassination request come from elder Tu Shan, he will refuse. 2- he will  assassinate elder TS if  in the future Jing requests it.

If WXL does not help, then he will accept to carry out the assassination request from  elder Tu Shan . 

If he,  XL,   goes himself and asks elder Tu Shan  for help regarding  the medicine,  and elder Tu Shan  later asks  him to kill Jing, he will do so. 

This is so WXY who cares about Jing, makes the right decision = doing what XL ask of him.  Both  XL and WXL will benefit from Jing providing medicine for his soldiers.    In the end this is all for XL's benefit.  

You are right XL bargaining for his army at cost. And this mentionig of Hou....Koala needs editing.. in thai ver it directly say Hou made Jing disappear 9 years ago. XL knew WXL is protective of her Shi Qi aka. So he came to bargain that with her. And i have no argument to his being opportunist .

But i guess i did not write my review carefully especially with XL actions. It is the way he acted out earlier started , about wxl making poison for him. And I do know he said he's more familiar with WXL although he's been doing business with Jing. 

But he choose WXL&Jing over Hou. Thats something ...the way he said makes me feel. He did not want to kill. Thats why i said about his moral in my review. Maybe I missed to say whatever his purpose is. He defintely knew about XiaoJing bond. The plot has choosen him to support them.  I will write more clearer in wrap up. Trying hehe...but yep it depends on readers.

Romans_Revenge:

@peng

I never said xl said he likes Jing in the novel, but if you read it well you’d know that xl does like Jing due to his nature & business like mind or else he wouldn’t have done business with him for centuries.You don’t have to state you like someone for others to know. Xl wouldn’t have done business with him,if he knew Jing was shady or wasn’t competent. More reason why he told WXL that,if Hou asks him to kill Jing he’d refuse but will gladly kill Hou if Jing asks him.

its still chapter 5.. so yep nothing is much revealed . So it is not clear. I think that's probably what Peng is refering to. And theres confusion with the word "like" , i think u and i are both refering to outer business doing affairs, not on personal level. He already said chapter 5 he was more familiar with WXL than Jing. Thats meaning on some personal level although their bargain is similar to business too. But whatever., in that scene we can see that XL knew jing had the power to help him. XL chose WXL&Jing over Hou.

@Symbolika1

**Overall Clarification: Xiang Liu's multifaceted nature makes it challenging to pinpoint a singular motive for his actions. His overall agenda remains enigmatic. The revelation about Tu Shan Jing is a part of his larger strategy, and its true implications may unfold as the story progresses.

That's said it all here. My main purpose to share the scenes and review is to see Jing in different perspective. We all know how Jing is like from WXL, which is how he is like personal life. But with XL, it's outer affairs , business deal. But i guess what i made mistake is saying XL supporting XiaoQi. its not stated. His main purpose was crystal clear. It's all for his army. However , his offer had to have WXL asking out to Jing. I consisder WXL having to ask Jing again is like their connection continue. Despite the fact she is very determine not to see him again, although she was lonely and missing her shi qi a lot. XL offer gives chance to her meeting him again, at least earlier. For me that create another string for XiaoJing relationship. XL must have believed in Xiao Liu's protective nature over her Shi Qi and enough trust that Shi Qi will love WXL enough to listen to her. And he had chosen them over Hou. 

Chapter 5: I entrust myself to mountain and sea

My Analysis Part 3

The Longing for the Land 

Xiao Liu hesitated and walked to the door. There were two bodies on top of a pyre. Xiang Liu walked over where there were hundreds of soldiers lined up. He poured three cups of wine and then lit the pyre. Within the flames of the fire, the faces of the men showed their familiarity with death, but in the mournful sounds of the song they sang it conveyed their deep sorrow. Their singing wasn’t in unison, flitting in and out, as they wondered about their cause and what it all meant in the long run.

This body is entrusted to the land
It's not important that everything will collapse.

When the day has come for the last breath
Life will disappear along with the flame

Gaining or losing, we don't know
Wrong or right, how will we know

Thousands of years have passed
Honor or shame, who will know

It was true that the Yellow Emperor forcibly took over the lands of Sheng Nong. But the Sheng Nong Kingdom was now no more and the people living there only wanted a peaceful life to live. They don’t care who is the Emperor, and had even begun to speak warmly of the Yellow Emperor’s intelligence and generosity. The people don’t care about the remaining Sheng Nong soldiers who refuse to surrender. Thousands of years later, their determination won’t be remembered.

Only by giving up, bowing low, could they get a sweet wife, a cute kid, perhaps even the wealth given by the Emperor. But they still persisted to cling on to their belief, to hold onto something most people no longer cared about, to risk their lives for it.

The wheels of history were already turning but they remained stubbornly rooted in place, with their arms outstretched trying to turn the wheels back. But they were people that time has forgotten, they are going against the tide, and they were destined to be obliterated. Xiao Liu knew they were foolish, and felt pity for them, but he also couldn’t help but feel respect towards them.

In this moment, Xiao Liu suddenly realized why his last mocking question to Xiang Liu about why he worked for Gong Gong doing pointless things, to suggest that he betray Gong Gong and throw his lot with the Yellow Emperor, that question would cause Xiang Liu to fly into a dark rage. In this world, there was a determination that may be destroyed, may be annihilated, but can never be mocked!

Honor or Shame

I wanted to add this scene to talk about. Because it's one of the most important theme in the novel. We knew that world is only one whole at Emperor Pan Gu before it divided into 3 in epilouge. Time are changing and things are changing.  Although the land was one whole before. It's already three. Wars had been happening. We knew Sheng Nong was lost. And it's implied here that it's likely these group of soldiers might not be winners in the battle.  However the resisting spirit is at the top. The way I see it. All these soldiers love their land, the way of their lives before, that they valued. They had their own culture. (This is how I interpret). They had fought for thousands of years.  That means a lot of lives have died. And their army became a lot weaker. Nevertheless their spirit was still strong. In their perception , they already gave their lives for the land. So why they would back out because the other side power was now much stronger,  But then as for decent people who just want to live their lives, such resistant was probably not something to value, just like how Wen Xiao Liu had remarked and persuade Xiang Liu to give up on Sheng Nong army in previous chapter. But then again  fighting for one determination (love/long for the land), for me it's the power of  loyalty, whether it may sound foolish or honourable , its something Wen Xiao Liu realized that it should not be mocked. 

In my next post, I will share about Xuan, and Wen Xiao Liu past, XL & Jing team up to save Xiao Yao. And some more XiaoJing scene. 

Remark : Koala translation did not include the poem. Its what I have taken from thai ver. 

ร่างนี้ฝากไว้กับผืนดิน
พังภินท์ ล้วนไม่สำคัญ

วันใดลมหายใจสิ้น
ชีวิด สลายพร้อมหมอกควัน

ได้หรือเสียมิอาจรู้
ผิดถูกไยรู้ได้?

หลายพันปีผันผ่าน
เกียรติภูมิอัปยศผู้ใดรู้

Chapter 5: I entrust myself to mountains and the sea

My Analysis Part 4

Im skipping on ...how story continue is someone from Tushan clan leaked location of medicine storing place ...Xiang Liu believed jing would not do such thing. And WXL could figure out it must be Xuan. She kidnapped A Nian in order to get medicine back for the soldiers. In process, Xiang Liu offered to shelter for Wen Xiao Liu, because he had a feeling this Xuan is powerful dangerous in some ways. ...let me some long abstract ...although my review on it will be short. 

About Xuan
That man wore a complete and utter mask. People who wore masks, you can tell it’s a mask. But his mask appeared to be a part of him, completely natural and effortless. Lao Mu, Chuan Zi, Ma Zi, Butcher Gao, they all like him since he’s easy to talk to. Tian Er and Chun Tao like him because he’s handsome and amusing. Xiao Liu thought about it and realized he also like Xuan for being smart and handled things well. But in truth, Xuan’s real personality, what he liked, how he did things……Xiao Liu couldn’t suss it out. All he knows is that Xuan’s weakness is protecting those close to him. No matter what his cousin did, he asked others to let it go and was even willing to apologize so his sister cousin didn’t need to apologize.

Xuan’s razor sharp eyes glanced over Xiao Liu who brushed the goosebumps off his arms and tried to maintain a placid smile. Xuan took Ah Nian away while Xiao Liu was knocked unconscious and also taken away.

When Xiao Liu woke up, he was in a sealed room without any light other than two oil lamps on the wall. Two masked men came in explaining they were under orders to keep him alive, but the rest was fine. The decided on his hands so he couldn’t poison others. They took out a torture device which was a rectangular stone box like a little coffin but with an opening on top.

The men smeared oil on Xiao Liu’s hand and put his hand in the box. Inside the box was dirt and once the oil smell hit little bugs burrowed towards his fingers. The men shoved a cloth in his mouth and tied it.

“Inside the box are flesh eating bugs. The oil is smeared on dead corpses for burial. This will signal to them your hands are dead flesh to be eaten. They will slowly burrow into your fingers and you will feel your flesh being eaten. The fingers are tied to the heart and it’s so painful that people will try to gnaw off their own hands to end the pain. So that is why we have to seal your mouth shut. Five days later when the box is opened, you will see two sets of finger bones as clean as white porcelain. We’re turning off all the light so that in the dark you can feel the pain more. Last time we did this, the person went insane. We hope you won’t go crazy.”

Before the light disappeared completely, Xiao Liu opened his eyes wide. He knew the men were right, the only way not to go crazy was to stay awake. Xiao Liu felt the pain in the fingertips, like a bug burrowing into his body and gnawing on his heart.

In the scene we are clear to see that a normal good nature that everyone like, Xuan could be very cruel when it comes to his cousin. Also he seemed to be some sort of powerful. At this point its still not real who Xuan really is. Is he just normal spy ? Or is someone of high power? One thing is for sure the man is wearing a mask. And we just dont know who he really is.

Xiao Liu and her Gege

The fire red phoenix flower was blooming overhead and the swing was hung on the phoenix tree. She liked to swing on the swing but her older brother cousin liked to practice his power training. She loved to tease him “Gege, gege, look how high I’m swinging…..” He never acknowledged her but if she accidentally fell down then he would always catch her in time.

In the verdant green forest she liked to play hide-and-seek. Seeing Gege coming to find her, she would jump on his back when he wasn’t looking and laugh. She would refuse to get off so that he would piggyback her home. When Mom saw them she would sigh and shake her head. But Grandmother would point out that Mom was the same when she was a kid.

She would play tug of war with Gege and the loser would have their nose scraped. When she won she would scrape really really hard, but when she lost, she would softly plead “Gege, Gege, not too hard!” Gege would raise his hand and come down hard, but the moment his hand touched it was whisper soft.

The red-robed Uncle gave her a cut off white fox tail to play with. She loved it and so did Gege, but she would only allow him to play with it for a short while. But each time there needed to be a trade, Gege needed to steal some snacks for her. One time she ate too many and had an upset stomach and Mom angrily scolded her. But she felt wronged and told Gege “You learn how to make that snack, so that I can eat as much as I want and Mom and Grandmother won’t have a say!” Gege agreed and actually learned to make the snack but refused to make any for her. All he said was “when you grow up and won’t have a stomachache when you eat it, then I’ll make it for you.”

Grandmother’s health deteriorated and Mom was always by her side and couldn’t take care of her and Gege. People said that Uncle and Auntie died, and that Grandmother would die soon. She was so scared and at night she secretly climbed into bed with Gege and softly asked “What is death?” Gege answered “Death is never being able to see someone again”

“And can’t talk to that person again?” “Nope.” “Like you can’t see your mom and dad again?” “Yes.” “Is Grandmother going to die?” Gege embraced her tightly and his tears fell on her face. She hugged him back tightly “I will never die, and I will always talk to you.”

Everyone said that Gege was very strong inside, even Grandfather thought Gege never cried. But she knew Gege cried, but she never told Mom. She often snuck into Gege’s bed at night to keep him company. Even if the next day she got scolded that she was too old now and needed to learn to sleep alone. She can’t go bother Gege and disturb his rest. She said nothing and accepted the scolding, but every night she would sneak out to go find Gege.

During the day Gege would study hard but only she knew that at night Gege would wake up and curl into a ball and shiver. She knew that he was seeing the image of his own mother committing suicide. She would hold Gege like cradling a doll, lightly patting him and humming the same song that Mom and Auntie would sing. Tears would fall from Gege’s eyes and one time she tasted it and learned it was salty and bitter.

One time Gege had a nightmare and tried to hold back his tears. She grabbed him and yelled “Gege, cry! You need to cry!” Gege asked her “They all want me to not cry, why do you want me to cry? Don’t you know that I shouldn’t cry?” She tweaked her nose “I don’t care what they say. All I know is that your heart hurts and tears can help the pain flow out of your body. Once the pain flows out, the heart can slowly heal.”

The night before she left for Jade Mountain, Gege asked to sleep with her. She was sleeping all drowsy when she felt Gege embrace her and tears fell on her face. She thought he had a nightmare and was about to pat him “Don’t worry, I’m here with you.” Gege instead kept repeating “I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m too useless. I will hurry up and grow up. I will protect you and Auntie. I will go bring you back….”

By seeing A Nian clingy onto Xuan. The time she was tortured  , memory of her own brother came back (with phoenix flowers background ). Since this is not revealed much yet, all we could see is Xiao Liu must be that little girl in memory . And she had her gege and other family members. We could see her gege was protective of her. And care about her. By seeing he learnt to make her favorite snack yet did not let her eat it yet because she may get sick. And he acted as he was strong in front of everyone. Yet the sister knew he did cry and might not be strong like everyone thinks. That is telling the bond between Xiao Liu and her brother in memory . 

@Winny Aye  

Nice analysis of chapter 5.  WXY in that prison really was heaet breaking. I love Jung coming to get her out and that he went to ask XL for help.  We also see how smart and resourceful WXL is. I love how she planned with the voodoo bug. It was genius of  her. 

Chapter 5: I entrust myself to mountain and sea

My Analysis Part 5 + Wrapped Up.

The heart string that could not be cut(Xiao Liu&Jing)

The two jailers opened the box and untied him. Once they started tending to his hand, Xiao Liu moaned in pain, and in his consciousness he appeared to hear Shi Qi’s voice. That snapped the taut string in his mind and he fainted dead away.

When Xiao Liu opened his eyes, it was still dark but he was wearing clean clothes and laying on a soft pallet. Someone sat next to him but he didn’t believe his eyes “Shi Qi? Jing?”

“It’s me.”

“Window”

Shi Qi immediately got up and opened the window. The mountain breeze came in and Xiao Liu took a deep breath. Jing lit a lamp and helped Xiao Liu up. Xiao Liu looked at his hands which were wrapped like two balls, indicating the injuries were severe but with the medicine applied there wasn’t much pain. Jing brought a bowl of soup over and Xiao Liu was starving but forced himself to drink slowly. After eating, Jing took out a pill and told Xiao Liu to suck on it. Xiao Liu sucked on the pill and looked around. It was a simple wooden hut with some rugs on the ground and seemed familiar.

“We’re at the Sheng Nong army base?”

“I went to find General Xiang Liu to help save you. Xiang Liu took men to attack Xuan while I went to the cellar prison to rescue you.” From contacting Xiang Liu to planning the rescue, Jing explained it in a few scant words.

Xiao Liu said “Actually, you didn’t need to come save me.”

Jing said “I’m going back to Qing Shui Town so give me the antidote for Ah Nian.”

Xiao Liu said “She wasn’t even poisoned! Ah Nian, with her background, of course she found the best doctors and can cure anypoison so I decided to just pull a fast one on her. Everyone around her is so protective of her. They will be looking for the poison and if they can’t find it, they will keep me alive.”

“You——–” Jing looked at his hands and in his eyes was unspoken pain. Xiao Liu “That…. fooling them will only temporarily save my life. So even if I didn’t poison Ah Nian….I poisoned Xuan.”

Jing stared in shock at Xiao Liu.

“The poison was placed on Ah Nian’s body, I know Xuan would hug her, comfort her, and the poison would enter his body. Once it went into the blood stream, it’s very hard to remove. With Ah Nian’s personality, she must be crying these last few days and needing Xuan to comfort her often. He would never suspect it was aimed at him.”

“What poison did you give him?”

Xiao Liu cautiously explained “Actually, it’s not really a poison, it’s best described as voodoo. The voodoo magic is practiced by the Jiu Li tribe and is their secret learning. A few hundred years ago, the Jiu Li tribe had a voodoo king who was called the poison master of the great wilderness. The voodoo magic is considered evil stacked against mainstream medicine and poisons. People have heard of it but very few actually understand it.”

Xiao Liu explained “In truth, I raised a voodoo bug inside of my body, and that bug is now in Xuan’s body. From now on, when my body hurts, his body will also experience the same pain.”

“That voodoo bug, must not have been easy to raise.”

“Of course! Very hard to raise!” If it was easy to raise this magic would be all over the great wilderness.

Even with Xiao Liu’s special body, it still took him years to raise it.

“Why raise a voodoo bug?”

Xiao Liu sighed “It was all to control Xiang Liu that big demon! He is a nine-headed monster and not a single poison can take him down. So I thought of this great plan but before I had a chance to plant it in him, I ended up using it on Xuan.” Beasts are very instinctive and Xiao Liu was worried Xiang Liu would cotton on to the voodoo bug, He was so compliant when he needed to drink his blood so that one day the voodoo bug would unwittingly be planted into Xiang Liu’s body.

Jing asked “Is the voodoo bug harmful to the body?”

“No!”

“You certain?”

“Yes, with my life I promise!”

Jing wasn’t so sure but he didn’t know enough about voodoo bugs so he would need to consult a doctor later. Xiao Liu asked “How many days since I was captured?” “Four.”

Xiao Liu looked down at his hands, thinking perhaps its time not to apply medicine. “The time is almost ready.”

“Xiao Liu, let me handle Xuan…..”

Xiao Liu looked up at Jing “Xiang Liu already knew Xuan would deal with me viciously. He offered to let me stay by his side by I turned him down. If I’m the type to hide behind someone stronger, then I wouldn’t have let you stay many years ago. I am used to being independent – I do what I want and handle my own problems.”

Jing’s eyes were filled with care “You don’t have to be alone.”

Xiao Liu coldly turned his head “I saved you once, you saved me once. I fed you once, you fed me once. We don’t owe each other anymore. My situation doesn’t need your help!” Jing silently sat there for some time and then quietly walked out.

Although , Xiao Liu had been trying at her best to avoid Jing. It's Jing again who came to rescue her (alongside with Xiang Liu) from Xuan torture. In here to Jing she had revealation of she had refused shelter from Xiang Liu . And how she protected herself from Xuan as she put voodoo bug on Xuan through A Nian. The voodoo bug had been intended to put on Xiang Liu, in order to protect oneself. Xiao Liu proudly said how independent she is and no need of help from jing or xiang liu. Probably Jing understanding what she is feeling and tell it out loud she did not need to be alone. To me that is indicating, Xiao Liu may not able to caring from Jing and probably her own longing for him too.

Overall, Wrapped Up for Chapter 5 Review 

In this chapter ,  we learned more about Shi Qi true identity Tushan Jing more; his family and background. How a great young lord he is, someone who managed his clan. More is even revealed further by Xiang Liu to Xiao Liu that Jing might have another side that Xiao Liu had underestimated. In here, we can see Jing aka Shi Qi had very personal relationship with Xiao Liu. And he might have business dealing with Xiang Liu. In some ways Xiang Liu had made it known to Xiao Liu that it was elder son of Tushan clan who made disappearance of Jing 9 years ago. The guy knows something indeed. And he bargained with Xiao Liu to not to kill Jing, his speech sounds like his own moral when said he would kill Hou for Jing but will not kill Jing for Hou. So the bargain was done. Xiao Liu had her protective nature over Jing, and Jing will do anything for her happiness. Alongside with the bargain, Xiao Liu was to stay at Sheng Nong army station until  Jing came with medicine. In which she learned about Sheng Nong soldiers struggle and their longing for their land. When medicine were blocked by Xuan , Xiao Liu tried best by kidnapping A Nian ..to get medicine back from Xuan. She was then tortured visciously by Xuan men. In here we can see her relationship with XL is growing although they were frenemyies. We further knew about XiangLiu and Jing knowing each other. They team up to help Xiao Liu. No matter how much Xiao Liu wanted to cut Shi Qi out from life, she just could not do. In this chapter we also learned about her voodoo bugs for protection which she plant in Xuan though intended for Xiang Liu. To those who hurt her must get hurt too. Overall, Xiao Liu is at all cost try best to avoid Jing  but destiny still brought them to see each other. She could not stop missing Shi Qi. No matter how great a lord jing is, he will still be Ye Shi Qi for Xiao Liu, always be caring for her.