Chapter 8

Analysis 

Part 1

part 1....
The chapter started with Wen Xiao Liu being relieved because she was able to removed the poisonious bug from Xuan, her brother from the past. There must be something that she did not want to follow him or reveal herself to him. 

Wen Xiao Liu had finally had a rest for 3 days. But then she was still curious about what was going on between Fang Feng Yi Yang and Xiang Liu in collaborating to assasinate  Xuan. 

But then she realized that her life was not for it. And for her as long as it was NOT Jing who was plotting kill her past brother then, she will be happy. It is very clear Shi Qi was very very important to her as if he was part of her.

Jing aka Ye Shi Qi was still coming to take care of her. She sort of harshly cutting him out from her life because he was Tushan Jing who was very much living in different world than her at the moment and was tied to his Tushan Clan and the Clan had already  bind him with a wife to be. We can definetly understand her motives. Jing was tied to his Clan. It's unlikely the powerless Wen Xiao Liu and Ye Shi Qi version of Jing had any strength against such high power holding him. Although up till now we do not know about Wen Xiao Liu past but we do know she must had lost her beloved ones before and sort of suffered from abandonment and loneliness. Wen Xiao Liu longed for Ye Shi Qi's warmth. But she could not allowed herself to it. Of course she had crossed this line before in helping her cousin/brother because she felt it was important . And there was a line when Wen Xiao Liu was even thinking that getting favor from Jing felt as if she was taking something. That line made me think that maybe she did not deserve such treatment because she may have thought she could not give him anything more. That is my personal take on her thinking.
In here I would like to share the difference translation from Thai ver vol1 page 232.
Koala Ver
"Xiao Liu felt it was important and not personal. This was for himself and made him feel like he was taking something."
Thai ver
"เสี่ยวลิ่วรู้สึกว่านั่นเป็น เรื่องของคุณธรรม ไม่เกี่ยวกับตน แต่หากเอามาไช้ส่วนตัว กลับมีความรู้ สึกเหมือนลักลอดไห้กันด้วยเสน่หา"
Translated
"Xiao Liu felt that it was for goodnes and not personal. But if he was taking it for himself, he felt as if he was commiting smuggle together with affection (romantic love affection)."
I guess the feel is different and thai ver is more direct.

Jing must had guessed Wen Xiao Liu's plan already. For the first time since chapter one he spoke a lot from his heart for the first time. He completely let out all his feelings about how Xiao Liu had healed not only his life but also his soul. The atmosphere was very solemn. It was very clear how much he was in fear of losing Wen Xiao Liu from life. I nearly tear up reading his lines.

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever-season-2/119991-tushan-jing-and-xiao-yao-here-s-to-a-happily-ever-after?pid=2908729&page=349#p2908729

Part 2

Xuan had finally revealed his identity as grandson of Yellow Emperor of Xuan Yuan and disciple of Grand Emperor of Gao Xing.
His manners looked quite different than before. His command to Xiao Liu in such authority is intriguing. What I mean is he did not really care how Xiao Liu had saved him before. By his in here I felt like he could speak upside to get what he want. It appeared cold and ruthless indeed. But it  made sense on how Xiao Liu had sided with Xiang Liu before saving Xuan with life. Therefore it is not surprising how Xuan or now Prince Zhuang Xu might think Xiao Liu was shceming. However, for me is it looks too obvious on Xiao Liu sudden change on helping Xiang Liu to help Xuan. Xiao Liu understood Zhuang Xu although she was in fear. She understood the political matters and wars that there was no simplicity and scheming and intelligence were needed. So she was sort of proud of him on how he was coming. But it's not because she would go with him. Xiao Liu surely did not want to meet Grand Emperor, who would able to figure out who she is after all. So Xiao Liu was sort of running away from her past.

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever-season-2/119991-tushan-jing-and-xiao-yao-here-s-to-a-happily-ever-after?pid=2909679&page=350#p2909679

part 3
Wen Xiao Liu was thinking all the way to escape from Zhuan Xu taking her to Gao Xing. She even think of Xiang Liu whom she believed he could help her escape. But he wasn't in surrounding , and so finally despite her avoiding Jing, it seemed she still could not escape from him. It is mentioned she sort of wanting to know if Jing would choose her against the world. Because if he helped her Jing might be making enemies with both Xuan Yuan and Gao Xing. She wanted to know how much she was important to Jing. In the context, it is implied Jing 's choice is even more important to her than escaping.
Wen Xiao Liu had made her Hui Shui family settled and able to live on without her. She had already planned to leave and wander again whether she would be taken to Gao Xing or not. It is already hinted here that she won't be coming back to Qing Shui town for a long long time and that next time she came back everyone might be getting old and leaving the world already..

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever-season-2/119991-tushan-jing-and-xiao-yao-here-s-to-a-happily-ever-after?pid=2909723&page=350#p2909723

part 4
Wen Xiao Liu had come to Jing after all. And Jing was fine to help her without any doubt at all. I think Jing's word, "fine" must had both surprised and touched her heart.
I really like this idea of having fake Jing and fake Xiao Liu. Even those replicas reaction to Xiao Liu was fun. It's a pity that the drama did not include this part. I also like the line how Xiao Liu thought that fake Jing looked more real than the real Jing. I am not sure about  what  the author intented. But sometimes in our society, people tend to think fake is real but ignore reality. It is already much revealing here that Xiao Liu's appearance was fake one. She was just stunned that Jing was no surprised with it and that he had known about it, maybe for a long time already. The loyal maid, Jing Ye could see, Jing chose to go with Wen Xiao Liu all the way Jing had given Wen Xiao Liu more than Jing Ye might have thought. And it was his choice. Even if she was sad, she would still have to help him. The fantastic carriage with secret counter part is all fun. (Although we don't have that in drama).
In this particular part I am glad to read more wonders about Tushan clans and their abilities. The fake replica is truly awesome. And again Jing proved that he understand and know about his Wen Xiao Liu more than she would ever imagine, more than we, readers know.

Jing mentioning to Jing Ye about getting married when he's not back, maybe indicating Jing may have already determined to get gone with  Xiao Liu forever if fate has destined them. I mean when Xiao Liu, he did not care about other things much.

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever-season-2/119991-tushan-jing-and-xiao-yao-here-s-to-a-happily-ever-after?pid=2910145&page=350#p2910145

part 5
I am really happy to read Xiao Liu and Shi Qi tender moments again. Jing was very happy to be her Ye Shi Qi again. Even though they were in chao situation, he was happy. Xiao Liu might have thought Jing would not follow her. But his being fine with helping her escape and being with her by all himself had expanded her wanting him even more. In other words, their bonds just got stronger.
I really like this metaphor of her looking at the stars. Stars could be metaphor of "Stars turn on as the day turn to night". The way I understand it is when the dark times come there will be little stars to see the light. Stars metaphor could be "something written in stars", meaning destiny is already written, a force of nature we can't avoid,  and something we could not change.Stars can be metaphor for "Star Crossed Lovers" , such as Romeo and Juliet.
The reference for Stars Metaphors
https://symbolismandmetaphor.com/star-metaphors-idioms/

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever-season-2/119991-tushan-jing-and-xiao-yao-here-s-to-a-happily-ever-after?pid=2910181&page=350#p2910181

part 6
Jing had brought Xiao Liu to Gao Xing , in hope that Zhuang Xu probably would have just followed the fake dolls. Instead brought her to Gao Xing alongside with some messagers that were coming. And then at the entrance of  Gao Xing, everyone talking about how Xuan Yuan and Gao Xing soldiers were joining to search for something. Jing and Xiao Liu still got to enter city and rested at inn. I have a feeling that Jing already knew they might not escape when he talked powerful being. Xiao Liu as well having bad feeling. So Jing just comforted her.
And they were right, in the middle of the night, they were surrounded by Zhaun Xu and his soldiers.
Xiao Liu accepted Jing tried all his best to help her, still lost to Zhuan Xu's power.
Again in the scene, we will feel sorry for Jing because Xiao Liu had really tell why she was all running away or even revealing her form, while she knew who he was already. Of course she did not reveal who she was to anyone else at all. And it seems like she was running away from it. Nevertheless she was still very concerned about Jing and that he would get hurt. We can see that her not being ease at all when Jing told her to run away. So many things was secretive about Xiao Yao so far. We already know she was actually Zhuan Xu long lost cousin. They really had a strong bond when they were kids. So why was she wanting to run away from him? What happened to her then that she got separated from him and her family? So I guess that we will get answers soon as her real identity is revealed and it should be soon.  And she was not at all surprised or concerned Zhuan Xu coldness and ruthlessness in dealing with things or her. (He did not know it's her)

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever-season-2/119991-tushan-jing-and-xiao-yao-here-s-to-a-happily-ever-after?pid=2910809&page=352#p2910809

part 7
Xiao Liu was in pain but by her speech. She was both happy and unhappy at the time. There was a mentioning she did not want to get hurt anymore. Because she might wish to hold on tightly to her man to get happiness. But then again she was scared to be left alone again. So she better not had anybody in life at all.

When Jing wake up, seeing her legs are hurt ,he used his power on her to lessen and ton.The soldiers treatment to Jing and Xiao Liu are very different. They were very rough to Xiao Liu.

Xiao Liu had already figure out why she was captured in this way. Because Xuan Xu thought she might the son of one of the rebel to Grand Emperor.

Somehow I have a feeling that there's serene feeling in this scene although they were   in prison.

And Xiao Liu was happy Jing worreid about her.

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever-season-2/119991-tushan-jing-and-xiao-yao-here-s-to-a-happily-ever-after?pid=2911145&page=352#p2911145

part 8
Being in the dragon bone prison, it felt like the world had only Ye Shi Qi and Wen Xao Liu, even if they were taken here as prisoners.

It's in here that Jing/Shi Qi was finally able to let out his feelings by starting out with him knowing of Wen Xiao Liu being a female. And promising what he wanted to do most which is to never leaving her in his entire life. I really like this intimate tease scene  between Shi Qi and Xiao Liu when she licked his hand because he shut her mouth.

According to him, her shyness as a woman   was no small matters. While Xiao Liu was too shy about it and pouted.

I have so many feelings towards this scene. It certainly is romantic. It feels like the couple caught in a prison, yet able to make the time of warmth and the time to confess true feelings. So this prison became their uniting place.

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever-season-2/119991-tushan-jing-and-xiao-yao-here-s-to-a-happily-ever-after?pid=2911145&page=352#p2911145

Part 9

About Tushan Jing
According to Ye Shi Qi the former self as Tushan Jing was prized man, born wealthy with refine talents in arts. Since childhood, he was spoiled by his family. He was an expert of expert whom several smart beings had to look up to. The only unfortunate matter was that he had the brother who looked at him as the product of the suffering. The brother did everything to let out his anger and downgraded feelings on Tushan Jing. Only after three years of torture and  humilations, and he realized that Tushan Jing was a lie. It was just a title after all. 

A Reborn Phoenix 
Tushan Jing was nearly dead, both his body and soul. Nevertheless he approached to the warmth of the sun before he thought he was going to die. But his time was just not over yet and his savior appeared. Even with scars and on body and soul, he was very much alive. If we recalled chapter one, his torture was specific cuttings and not one chopped death. The past torture and hatred were never very far away. However, Ye Shi Qi/Tushan Jing knew he could never reborn completely if he embraced the hatred. Because it is not him, who would rather be glad that he still had his whole body to live. 

Graditute and Taking Chances
Tushan Jing was grateful to be reborn as Ye Shi Qi. In the last seven chapters, we could see the development of attraction between Ye Shi Qi and Wen Xiao Liu. If I was not spoiled before I would really have thought this story was a BL (Boy Love). After reviving the life, the human attraction and romance was also there for him. Probably at that moment he took what was offered to him with graditute and taking chances on this new growing feelings. 

The Promise of Entire Lifetime Against All Odds
The couple was in the prison. In fact, Wen Xiao Liu and Ye Shi Qi were imprisoned by Zhuan Xu. Yet they both were at peace and joyful. This is explained with the line "They did not even feel like time was passing. " Especially Ye Shi Qi, who wished this moment was forever. He felt like he did not want tomorrow anymore. He was grateful of Zhuan Xu. In here, he finally confessed his feelings. There was no words of "I love you". However, Wen Xiao Liu knew it and felt it by his heartbeat. He promised her to get himself free from loveless marriage and and be with her as Ye Shi Qi forever. He talked of the timing 15 years, to keep herself for him, and not to fall in love with another man.
I felt the need to explain here a little bit more. Because this is the area many are critizing the character for which many facts and reasons I sort of disagree. One have to understand that the love between Ye Shi Qi and Wen Xiao Liu is like first love, there is passion. Ye Shi Qi was not flawless. He had his own insecurities, because of his imperfections and family ties, and he was taking this chance for himself to be with her, and so that she would not disappear from his life. In the last couple chapters , he had seen her trying her best to get away from him. (Yes, he also knew he had possible rival). That is why I take this action as a sincere challenge and call out from a man in love. (One has to admit jealousy is common in couple when one is likely to go out with another? Or at least feeling you wish your partner doesn't go with another ? I am say to get a clear view of romantic&passionate love, that is not pure saint love. There's many kind of love). Because everything had exception. Sometimes in emotion matters, right or wrong were not as it seems. The wrong can be right and the right can be wrong. Surely the love between Xiao Jing is commitment. By revealing all about himself, Jing surely is commiting to her. He understands her that he needs to take this first step. Because Wen Xiao Liu would not initiate  this chance even if she really wanted it. The tone that was written in the scene, both of them calming. It's surely is not one sided from Ye Shi Qi.
Because of the phrase here, "Shi Qi quietly held Xiao Liu and Xiao Liu quietly listened to his heartbeat. In this place of death, separated from the world’s enticements and entanglements, it made the complicated relationship between a man and a woman so very simple. It was just him and her. Xiao Liu suddenly felt right being here and that was calming."
There is a mentioning of " relationship between a man and a woman" when separated from the world. It is just him and her. By hearing Ye Shi Qi's heartbeating, Xiao Liu was calming. All in all, this promise was heartfully made by both parties.  

Part 10

Xiang Liu and the Bug Connection

We can see that through their bugs connection, Xiang Liu could call on Wen Xiao Liu. He had travelled all the way to save her or get her. 

Probably it was late.

Wen Xiao Liu thought if he went with Xiang Liu. They probably could not escape. She could not believe he could beat Five God Mountain. And she thought about Shiqi, and thought about might happen to Shiqi. Wen Xiao Liu was stunned about Xiang Liu travelled all the way here and asked her those two questions. 

The way Xiang Liu looked at Zhuan Xu and Shiqi is something. I don't know. There's some feelings there. Could Xiang Liu probably know that those two men are important in Wen Xiao Liu's life?

Their bugs connection between them was acknowledged again. 

Xiang Liu was again described as being beautiful again. I wonder if it was Xiao Liu thinking or just the context! Nevertheless, Wen Xiao Liu had turned down Xiang Liu's offer to escape. If we could recalled Xiao Liu had said to Jing that she would rather die than to meet King of Gao Xing/Five Gods Mountains/Haoling. But did she say that just to test Jing/Shiqi? Probably. However, we all know she did not want to get back to Gao Xing. But right now the tone of the context is calmer. She probably was more reasonable. She suddenly did not want death to come.  Then she thought about how Shiqi would be if she left. (Actually, in Thai version, it's translated "what will Shiqi do if she left"). It surely showing her bond towards Shiqi that she did not want to leave too. (Showing concern).

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever-season-2/119991-tushan-jing-and-xiao-yao-here-s-to-a-happily-ever-after?pid=2913883&page=356#p2913883

Part 11

Gao Xing: The Land of Eternal Spring
Since scene in dragon bone prison, I have been smiling like idiot with our couple moments. Again in this last portion of the chapter still not free from their sweetness.
I really appreciate this scene of Jing wearing Gao Xing clothing in blue which light up the world like the moon shine on darkness. And yep that captivate Wen Xiao Liu to look at him again as well as the two maids there, which caused sort of jealousy to Wen Xiao Liu. And with Jing confirmation to her that he won't look at other women, she felt sweetness in her heart but still would not give in to her heart.
We also learnt that Wen Xiao Liu had been finding herbs to cure Jing's scars on his body but she could not. Again the way Tushan Hou torture Jing is explained in how he made Jing suffering last long. But Wen Xiao Liu knew that Gao Xing had special herbs so that there maybe herbs to cure her Shiqi(Jing).
And we get to learn about Gao Xing(Haoling in drama version) which is also known as five gods mountain in which the Grand Emperor is living. It explained the Emperor was modest, and having only one consort as well. Gao Xing also a place of eternal spring. If we recall in prolouge Gao Xing is also a place water from rivers, sea and ocean meet.
I do find it romantic that in the place of eternal spring,  Ye Shi Qi promised to Wen Xiao Liu that he will be with her forever while she was sleeping.
All in all this part is really sweet. 

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever-season-2/119991-tushan-jing-and-xiao-yao-here-s-to-a-happily-ever-after?pid=2914927&page=357#p2914927

Wrap Up

This is too long already so let me wrap up chapter with few lines. Wen Xiao Liu planned to leave Qing Shui town for varius reasom. There is development of Jing/Shiqi and Wen Xiao Liu. The dragon bone prison scene is romantic. Their commitment had taken to the next level. Jing had revealed everything about himself, including inner insecurities. He is committing his entire life. Xiao Liu had finally give in to what she long for and this challenge of 15 years promise to keep her heart for Jing. Xiang Liu was  late to come to save her. We learnd about Gao Xing being eternal spring, a bit of peek on  Grang Emperor . We will see how story unfold in chapter 9.

Gosh...the hard work here on this chapter is nuts! Take a good rest now <3...I will :D

peng-peng:
As they were leaving the prison, Xiao Liu suddenly felt her heart sense, she sensed someone was calling her.   It was Xiang Liu using the voodoo bug connection..  We are witnessing what the voodoo bug connection can do and how Xiang Liu  is controlling it to find exactly where Xiao Liu and to make her come to him. . We have never seen Xiao Liu used it like this before.  It is therefore correct to state that the voodoo bug  connection could be used to track Xiao Liu where about.  If she had succeeded in  running  away and changed her appearance,  these would not have prevented Xiang Liu to find her.  I cannot  help but wonder if this  was the reason why he asked for the transfer  of the bug to his body.  It is not far fetched to think that, with everything that  has been going on in Xiao Liu life recently,  he had  also sensed that she was planning on running away. She is his precious  medicine,  his poison maker for what ever purpose he needs itband he has feelings for her.  Xiao Liu remembered that he has the bug so would have felt the pain of her broken leg.  Xiang Liu  is there to help her escape if she wanted to.   Xiao Liu  rejected his offer  as she was worried about  what would happened to Ye shi Qi if she was  to leave. Xiao Liu here is not thinking about   Ye Shi Qi safety, but  of the chance she has been willing to take with him.   This is showing us her commitment to this new chapter in here life.   

peng-peng:
Xiang Liu before leaving is glancing at Shi Qi. This is something he has never done before. Why did he do it?  You only glance at someone when somenthing about them caught your attention. Xiao Liu is also in dazed- confused,  that Xiang Liu came to ask her 2 questions. This is out of character for him.   I cannot help but wonder since we know that the voodoo bubg can share  pain but also sensual feeling, is  it far fetched to say that Xiang Liu had experience : 1- the feeling of `longing Xiao Liu has for  Shi Qi and also felt it expand? 2-  how it had felt when Xiao Liu was relaxed and content  in Jing arms ? 3- how Xiao Liu has felt  when she spontaneously performed this sexual act by  licking the inside of Shi Qi palm and her flaming  red blush?  My answer to these  is "yes!".  Is this  the reason why he came so late to rescue her? It is important  remember what we had learned so far:  the bug is a lover's  bug and that Xiang Liu took it knowing this fact,  but also not knowing that  Xiao Liu's heart was already longing for Shi Qi.  We also know that  during the transfer,  Xiao Liu's heart due to the bug recognised Xiang Liu's as a friend not as a lover.  Due to this Xiao Liu had a bad feeling about the bug connection. 
  1. Voodoo Bug Connection:

• Accurate: Xiang Liu's use of the voodoo bug connection to locate Xiao Liu demonstrates the capabilities of the bug. The idea that he can track her regardless of changes to her appearance or attempts to run away is well-founded. This ability could indeed be a reason why he asked for the transfer of the bug to his body.
    • In the drama (ep14): we see it pinch her. (not a quiet,silent call).
  2. Xiang Liu's Intentions:

• Accurate: The analysis correctly suggests that Xiang Liu's feelings for Xiao Liu go beyond a mere strategic use of her skills. The description of her as his "precious medicine" aligns with his need for her unique abilities. Furthermore, the concern about her planning to run away and the offer to help her escape indicate a certain level of care or consideration on his part.
  3. Xiao Liu's Rejection of Xiang Liu's Offer:

• Accurate: The analysis accurately points out that Xiao Liu's rejection of Xiang Liu's offer is not just about Ye Shi Qi's safety but also about the commitment she has made to this new chapter in her life. This highlights her growing attachment to Shi Qi and her willingness to face the challenges ahead.
  4. Xiang Liu Glancing at Shi Q (and Xuan)i:

• Speculative: The interpretation of Xiang Liu glancing at Shi Qi and possibly experiencing the feelings associated with Xiao Liu's emotions is speculative for now. While it's an interesting theory, the text doesn't explicitly provide evidence for this. The reasons behind Xiang Liu's glance could be open to interpretation. 
    • But the text is heavilly implying a predator/challeging/cold look : "Xiang Liu’s eyes glanced across Shi Qi’s face and then landed on Zhuan Xu".
    •  And the drama illustrated this part with a heavy hint on his emotion- a hint of anger (ep.14):
  5. Late Rescue and Bug Connection:

• Speculative: The analysis suggests that Xiang Liu's late arrival could be linked to his experiencing Xiao Liu's feelings through the bug connection. This is a speculative interpretation as the text doesn't explicitly provide details about Xiang Liu's motives for the timing of his arrival. It's an interesting theory that adds depth to the character dynamics but may not be conclusively supported by the text. FOR NOW :).

@ Peng you gave us very interesting observations regarding the voodoo bug connection and Xiang Liu's intentions!. We shall see further how the speculative elements about his potential experiences through the bug, evolves...

peng-peng:
 I love their conversation here I love that Shi Qi did  not  letting the matter rest.  He had the last word. 

XD!!!! Hahahaha! This is a BIS - XiaoJing handgame...<3 (ch7,ch8)

peng-peng:
TSJ made his promise to Xiao Liu.  He stated twice that he will break his engagement. the 2nd time add a conviction, ascertion.  I love that he admitted that he has no right to ask this of Xiao Liu. I love that he is taking the risk , giving himself a chance . He has nothing to loose but everything to gain.  He is indeed following the say " nothing ventured, nothing gained`'.   Xiao Liu  asked what Jing wanted her to do while he is breaking his engagement. At his answer,  she stated  that her heart is seal  and that even if   many years have passed, no man will enter her heart  so in a way he should not worry.  We see that  Xiao Liu wants companionship only  and this is because  she believes her heart is closed to love.   We see that Xiao Liu is in denial as she has been longing for YSQ.  Her heart has been longing for him. We will see  as their story progresses,  how Xiao Liu will learned to hear her heart.  

What I love about the promise is that Jing has not forced it on Xiao Liu.  He asked her   if she wanted  to take this chance with him. Xiao Liu has agreed  knowing  what she is signing for unlike the 2 promises she made with Xiang Liu.  She has not been forced, coerces  via excruciating  beating and information has not been withheld from her in order to  make her agree. I love that Xiao Liu has finally been willing to take a chance even though she does not want to hope as Jing took the 1rst step and she accepted to wait for him.  

peng-peng:
Jing made it clear to Xiao Liu that this deal is not a  business transaction as it is about love and only love is a rare treasure that cannot be bought with any amount of money.

Jing is finally extremely happy that he took the courage to reveal his greatest wish. The way Xiao Liu   raised her  to seal the deal. : in a lazy way foreshadow that she will be making the least effort since she does not want to hope in the chance she is giving herself.  

I felt sad that whilst Jing has reveal everything about himself, Xiao Liu has not. She also has not reveal anything regarding FFYY assassination attempt of Zhuang Xu. after all any woman or man  wanting and longing for a specific companion  would have tried to remove the obstacle/ competition as quickly as they can in order to get their never parting.

[Shi Qi laughed lightly and his laughter was just like his personality – gentle, peaceful, pure]

I Love how the writer describe Jing personality.  It is what Xiao Liu who has suffered a lot and is tired of suffering actually is looking for : gentleness, peace and purity .

1. TSJ's Promise and Risk-Taking:

• @Peng rightly notes that Tushan Jing made the promise to break his engagement twice, emphasizing his conviction and determination. The acknowledgment that he has no right to ask this of Xiao Liu reflects his respect for her agency. The observation that TSJ is taking a risk and giving himself a chance aligns with the idea of "nothing ventured, nothing gained."
  2. Xiao Liu's Response and Denial:

• You accuratly identifies Xiao Liu's response to TSJ's question about what he wants her to do during the time he's breaking his engagement. Xiao Liu's statement that her heart is sealed and that she only seeks companionship is seen as a form of denial. The analysis correctly notes that Xiao Liu is, in fact, in denial about her true feelings for Ye Shi Qi.
  3. Longing for Ye Shi Qi:

• The insight that Xiao Liu has been longing for Ye Shi Qi, despite her denial, and how Xiao Liu will learn to hear her heart as the story progresses hints at a character development arc.
  4. Consent and Informed Decision:

•  Tushan Jing did not force or coerce Xiao Liu into making the promise. The observation that Xiao Liu agreed, fully aware of what she is signing up for, highlights the difference from the promises she made with Xiang Liu. This emphasizes the importance of informed and voluntary decisions in their relationship.
  5. Willingness to Take a Chance:

• Yes, to  the significance of Xiao Liu's willingness to take a chance, even though she may not want to hope. The fact that Tushan Jing initiated the promise, and Xiao Liu accepted while knowing the terms, reflects a positive step in their relationship.

- Shi Qi said I know you never give yourself hope so you don’t trust first and won’t give first. You have a true heart but if the other doesn’t appreciate it, then you won’t give it. I’m willing to wait, wait until you’re willing to hope.

Shi Qi's statement reflects a deep understanding of Xiao Liu's character and emotional defense mechanisms. => key points in his statement:

1. Recognition of Xiao Liu's Emotional Guard:

• Shi Qi acknowledges that Xiao Liu has built emotional walls around herself, likely as a protective measure. Her reluctance to give herself hope and trust first indicates a past filled with experiences that may have led her to be cautious and guarded in matters of the heart.
  2. Appreciation of Xiao Liu's True Heart:

• Despite Xiao Liu's guarded nature, Shi Qi recognizes the authenticity of her emotions. He sees beyond the walls she has erected and acknowledges that, at her core, she possesses a true and genuine heart. This implies that Xiao Liu's reservations are not a reflection of insincerity but rather a response to past hurts or disappointments.
  3. Willingness to Wait:

• Shi Qi expresses his patience and willingness to wait for Xiao Liu to open up. By stating, "I'm willing to wait," he conveys a profound commitment to understanding her, earning her trust, and allowing her the time and space she needs to feel comfortable enough to embrace hope and trust in their relationship.
  4. Understanding Xiao Liu's Conditions for Giving:

• Shi Qi articulates that Xiao Liu's willingness to give her heart is contingent on the other person's appreciation of it. This suggests that Xiao Liu values reciprocity and mutual appreciation in a relationship. It aligns with the idea that she may have been hurt in the past when her genuine efforts were not reciprocated.
  5. Waiting Until She's Willing to Hope:

• The statement concludes with Shi Qi's commitment to wait until Xiao Liu is ready to embrace hope. This underscores his respect for her pace and autonomy in navigating her emotions. It also reflects his confidence that, given time, Xiao Liu may choose to open herself to the possibilities of hope and trust in their connection.

Thank you Peng <3

****Shi Qi quietly held Xiao Liu and Xiao Liu quietly listened to his heartbeat. In this place of death, separated from the world’s enticements and entanglements, it made the complicated relationship between a man and a woman so very simple. It was just him and her. ****

My cover: https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever-season-2/119991-tushan-jing-and-xiao-yao-here-s-to-a-happily-ever-after?p=2915953&page=356

Guys I read ot all and I agree with all your post. We did great. Nothing to add.  Chapters 9 and 10 here we go in a few days.  

Symbolika1:

XD!!!! Hahahaha! This is a BIS - XiaoJing handgame...<3 (ch7,ch8)

yes she liked to lick his palm...

Winny Aye:

yes she liked to lick his palm...

:D!!! <3

@Symbolika1

Shi Qi's Dazzling Appearance:

• The description of Shi Qi's attire in Gao Xing clothing evokes a sense of ethereal beauty and elegance. The blue robe and the overall aesthetic paint Shi Qi as a celestial -sky like figure, embodying the essence of Gao Xing. This transformation captivates not only Xiao Liu but also the observing maids, hinting at Shi Qi's magnetic presence.

Symbolism of Gao Xing Clothing:

• The choice of Gao Xing clothing becomes symbolic, representing Shi Qi's integration into this new realm. The loose, airy fashion reflects the carefree spirit of Gao Xing, and Shi Qi's graceful movements mirror the fluidity of the waves. This symbolism reinforces his adaptability and readiness to embrace the unfamiliar.Xiao Liu's Teasing and Jealousy:
  • Xiao Liu's teasing about women throwing themselves at Shi Qi introduces a touch of playful banter. Her words, laden with a hint of jealousy, reveal the growing emotional stakes. Shi Qi's immediate unease indicates his concern for Xiao Liu's feelings and a desire to avoid misunderstandings.

Xiao Liu's Sweetness and Guarded Emotions:

Xiao Liu's admission of sweetness in her heart signifies the emotional impact of Shi Qi's assurance. Her decision to turn her head, concealing her emotions, suggests a guarded vulnerability. This interplay of emotions adds depth to their relationship, illustrating a delicate balance between intimacy and reservations.

Those scenes are just my fav. I love how she felt sweetness in her heart because of Jing. And Jing asurring her while she's sleeping is sweet.

Going to merge all chapter  8 starts :https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever-season-2/119991-tushan-jing-and-xiao-yao-here-s-to-a-happily-ever-after?page=349 (if some want to read the original pages, with highlights, pics etc. This is just a copy -past time for me to merge all we have covered :)

Many wagons  (posts to merge) to add again....

Winny Aye:
Those scenes are just my fav. I love how she felt sweetness in her heart because of Jing. And Jing asurring her while she's sleeping is sweet.

Oh you are still reading will wait than a bit...bb later to start the copy-paste train, take your time... <3 

@peng-peng

We see that  Xiao Liu wants companionship only  and this is because  she believes her heart is closed to love.   We see that Xiao Liu is in denial as she has been longing for YSQ.  Her heart has been longing for him. We will see  as their story progresses,  how Xiao Liu will learned to hear her heart.   

What I love about the promise is that Jing has not forced it on Xiao Liu.  He asked her   if she wanted  to take this chance with him. Xiao Liu has agreed  knowing  what she is signing for unlike the 2 promises she made with Xiang Liu.  She has not been forced, coerces  via excruciating  beating and information has not been withheld from her in order to  make her agree. I love that Xiao Liu has finally been willing to take a chance even though she does not want to hope as Jing took the 1rst step and she accepted to wait for him.  

Jing made it clear to Xiao Liu that this deal is not a  business transaction as it is about love and only love is a rare treasure that cannot be bought with any amount of money. 

Jing is finally extremely happy that he took the courage to reveal his greatest wish. The way Xiao Liu   raised her  to seal the deal. : in a lazy way foreshadow that she will be making the least effort since she does not want to hope in the chance she is giving herself.  

I felt sad that whilst Jing has reveal everything about himself, Xiao Liu has not. She also has not reveal anything regarding FFYY assassination attempt of Zhuang Xu. after all any woman or man  wanting and longing for a specific companion  would have tried to remove the obstacle/ competition as quickly as they can in order to get their never parting.

[Shi Qi laughed lightly and his laughter was just like his personality – gentle, peaceful, pure]

I Love how the writer describe Jing personality.  It is what Xiao Liu who has suffered a lot and is tired of suffering actually is looking for : gentleness, peace and purity .

Yes WXL only aim to get someone for companion, yet she fell in love. Jing gave in to take the first step. Yes he was totally opening up to her. Totally honest .Yes i also wish she told him about Ffyy assasinate attempt on Xuan.

Winny Aye:
Yes WXL only aim to get someone for companion, yet she fell in love. Jing gave in to take the first step. Yes he was totally opening up to her. Totally honest .Yes i also wish she told him about Ffyy assasinate attempt on Xuan.

SHe will regret and be heartbroken not to have told him before this ...later on...as we will see. 

peng-peng:
Guys I read ot all and I agree with all your post. We did great. Nothing to add.  Chapters 9 and 10 here we go in a few days.  

Symbolika1:
Going to merge all chapter  8 starts :https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever-season-2/119991-tushan-jing-and-xiao-yao-here-s-to-a-happily-ever-after?page=349 (if some want to read the original pages, with highlights, pics etc. This is just a copy -past time for me to merg

peng-peng 

8 days ago

Chapter  8  It’s So Late, Why Have You Not Returned

Xiao Jing  - journey to Forever never parting 

(my analysis is in blue)

[extract form novel translation ]

[After removing the voodoo bug from Xuan, Xiao Liu resolved a big worry and soundly slept for three days.
After he had time to think about it, he realized that he forgot to ask Xiang Liu last time whether the person who tried to kill Xuan was Jing’s fiancee. Why would she help Xiang Liu kill Xuan? Was there a connection between the Fang Feng family and the Sheng Nong resistance army? Or was it Xiang Liu helping Fang Feng Yi Yang this time? Didn’t Xiang Liu say he was a killer for hire during his free time?
Xiao Liu thought and thought and couldn’t eat or slept. But after a few days, he figured it out. Xuan left already so it didn’t matter if Fang Feng Yi Yang wanted to kill him. The vengeance and conflict of those big families is not something Xiao Liu wanted to understand. All he needed to know was that it wasn’t Jing who wanted to kill Xuan.
Xiao Liu put everything aside and went back to living his lazy life.
It was the middle of Summer and Xiao Liu was laying on the pallet fanning himself and covered in sweat. Jing entered from the back door and found Xiao Liu fanning himself under the awning and muttering “So hot! So hot!”
Jing walked up and hung a blue ice crystal wind chime on the awning and within moments a cool breeze misted down from above and dispelled the heat
. Xiao Liu looked at the wind chime and considered whether to accept it. He already asked for two, to not accept the third seemed rather coy. But the first two were meant to save Xuan’s life and Xiao Liu felt it was important and not personal. This was for himself and made him feel like he was taking something.
Jing sat down next to the pallet and watched Xiao Liu’s facial expression changes. Xiao Liu suddenly sat up and hollered angrily “This is Qing Shui Town, not Qing Qiu! Why haven’t you left yet?”
Jing stared at Xiao Liu 
“You are here, I won’t leave.”
Xiao Liu was so angry he threw the fan at Jing. “Didn’t you say you would listen to me. Then leave! Leave far far away and stop bothering my life. You are Tu Shan Jing, not Ye Shi Qi!”

Jing lowered his eyes and pursed his lips tightly. Xiao Liu was very familiar with this sight and didn’t have the heart to be mean anymore. He turned his head away and refused to look at him.
After some time, Jing’s voice spoke “You tenderly cleaned my wounds. You carefully washed my hair. You patiently fed me medicine and food. You gently bathed my body. You were afraid I was in pain so you talked with me. You were afraid I was ashamed so you told me jokes. You were afraid I would give up so you described the beautiful views for me. You were afraid I was lonely so you told me interesting stories. You didn’t just heal my body, you saved my soul. You will never be able to imagine how much I wish I were Ye Shi Qi. But I have no choice but to be Tu Shan Jing. Because of this, more than you I hate myself. I know you hate Tu Shan Jing so I control myself not to come visit you. But I’m scared to leave. You gave Ma Zi a family, you found Xan Tian Er for Chuan Zi, you set up everything for Lao Mu. You are already prepared to leave it all behind and continue wandering. Im afraid if I turn around even for a second, I won’t be able to find you ever again.”
This was the first time Jing spoke so much and the atmosphere was very solemn. He silently looked at Xiao Liu but Xiao Liu never turned around. Jing finally got up and quietly left.
Xiao Liu suddenly collapsed on the pallet and stared at the wind chime. Shi Qi saw through it, that he was planning to leave.]

Jing came to see Xiao Liu  to give him a gift. 
Xiao Liu was again affected by Jing 's TLC - tender loving care -  towards him and this get him angry since he does not want to get attached to Jing anymore.   This is kind  of silly of him since he was the one who went in chapter. 7 to ask Jing for  favours. We know that since Xuan is her dearest gege, then the favour was  personal though indirectly. It seems to me  that  sometimes, when Xiao Liu   wants  something from Jing then it is alright to seek him out . Xiao Liu is so angry that he screams and throws  the fan at  Jing telling him to leave the town, to leave him be and to stop  bothering his life.   Xiao Liu  throws the  "You are Tu Shan Jing not Ye Shi QI ..." back at him again as if Jing did not know this .  By also  emphasising where they are, Xiao Liu is  claiming Qing Shiu Town has his territory so Jing should leave.  Jing 'sreply "he  You are here, I won’t leave is not referring only about leaving the town but more about the fact  that he will not leave Xiao Liu. He proceeds to   explained why he will not leave Xiao Liu :   what Xiao Liu did to him and how he  saved his soul. He  explaines that he fears  that if he leaves,  Xiao Liu is going to  leave town  soon and he will never find him again.   Xiao Liu did not speak nor  looked at  to him. so, Jing   left.  Xiao Liu realised that Jing saw threw him, and knew what he was indeed planning tom leave Qing Shiu Town.  Jing knows his Xiao Liu very much indeed.  

In my opinion,  Xiao Liu planned on leaving  because of  Jing  and FFYY presence in town. He  wants to cut tie with Jing. Since Jing  is remaining in  Qing Shiu Town therefore He, Xiao Liu, will be the one then to leave. Every where he went, he has been hearing about FFYY and this will continue.  Like the expression says, Jing's  life will be in "his face"  so to speak. We have also seen in some of the previous chapters that he had expressed to   Xiang Liu  and Xuan  how much  Qing Shui Town and his clinic meant to him.  I believe he is using the excuses  of Tian'er, love for travel and lack of companionship,  his big fear of abandonment  and all to justify his action and to  give himself a valid reason to leave.  We  have seen in previous chapters Xiao Liu feared that Jing kindness might be due to  repaying the debt of having saved him and taken care for him  when he was injured.  If he stay in town he will also see `Tian er and her husband life as a couple grow, theirnup and downs.  If he stays in town Xiang Liu will always find him since he knows where Xiao liu  lives. There is the possibility that when Xiao Liu  leaves, he will change his face hence why  Jing said : ''Im afraid if I turn around even for a second, I won’t be able to find you ever again.”

Taking all these into consideration,  Xiao Liu is not simply  planning on leaving Qing Shiu Town but rather running away instead of facing  and fighting for what he truly wants. 

the story move on to Xuan coming to  Xiao Liu and asking him to accompany him to gao Xngas his master the Emperor wants tom see him.  Xiao Liu refuse and think of a way to live town unseen so Xuan would not catch her.     

[Xiao Liu stood up and went into his room to pack but his mind was racing. There was no way he was going to see the Grand Emperor. He can fool Zhuan Xu, but there was no way he could fool the Grand Emperor. But how to escape when Zhuan Xu came specifically to get him and brought a lot of men. Plus he was under Gao Xing orders and could immediately call Gao Xing troops outside town. And if needs be, he can call on his identity as the Xuan Yuan Prince and use Xuan Yuan troops nearby as well.
Even though Xiao Liu could change his face and form, but he was now under surveillance by a God and if there wasn’t anyone to block for him to avert their attention, then even if he changed forms he couldn’t escape.
Xiao Liu decided he couldn’t escape by his ability alone, he needed help. Right now he really missed Xiang Liu. Only Xiang Liu could care less about Xuan Yuan and Gao Xing authority, plus he could go hide in the Sheng Nong army base to run away from Zhuan Xu. But after their Gao Xing trip Xiao Liu hadn’t seen Xiang Liu and there wasn’t any time to summon him for help.
The only one left was Tu Shan Jing. The Tu Shan clan businesses blanketed the vast wilderness, including selling to the Sheng Nong resistance army. They had to have secret passages to move items in and out of town. But right now the Grand Emperor of Gao Xing and the Xuan Yuan Prince both wanted him. If Tu Shan Jing helped him, then he would be making an enemy out of the entire world. Would Tu Shan Jing be willing to make an enemy of both Xuan Yuan and Gao Xing for one little Wen Xiao Liu?
The moment this thought popped into his head, Xiao Liu suddenly wanted to know Jing’s choice even more than he wanted to escape Qing Shui Town. Xiao Liu looked at the ice crystal wind chime and smiled coldly. Whatever Jing chose to do, once Xiao Liu asked then he’ll know.]

Xuan came back  and revealed  to Xiao Liu  his real identity and  explained that he has an order from the Grand Emperor to  bring him  to his place  Since Xiao Liu does not want to follow him,  this provided  new development provided  Xiao Liu,  the hasty need  to  leave quickly He thought  hard and fast  on how to leave  undetected by Xuan and his people. He realised that he needed  help to escape and  the best person  who could provide this was XL . The use of 'Right now " by the writer emphasised that it is only at this moment that he is missing  XL,  not  before and for this specific endeavour.  Xiao Liu was not longing for  XL.  Due to  XL's allegiance , Xiao Liu considered him the best option for his escape  and  his army's base could provide a great hiding place.  Since he had not had contact with XL for a while he decides Jing is the only option left for him to escape. As We can see `Xiao Liu is again thinking of  using Jing despite having screamed  at him earlier on   to leave him be, to stop bothering him.  It seems like Fate has plan for them 2 to meet before Xiao Liu leaves  and disappears completely from Jing's live as he planned to do. 

Xiao Liu  knew the risk this would be for Jing and the Tu Shan clan .  Now more  that even leaving, Xiao Liu is interested in finding out if Jing would put him  above his clan reputation and interest  and help him against the Grand emperor  and Xuan Yuan.  This is again a way for Xiao Liu to see how much he is important to Jing. it is his way to measure the level of Jing's commitment  to him. This is now the  2nd time that Xiao Liu want to test Jing's commitment.  We  know and so does Xiao Liu,  that Jing has already proven how much Xiao Liu is important to him.  Jing had also said in previous chapters, that anything Xiao Liu want, he would give and if he does not have it,  he would do everything to procure it for him.  Jing has been sincere and has proven this by his actions.  Jing had also said that he will away be there when / if Xiao Liu needs him.

Xiao liu looked at the chime and smiled coldly . We have seen in @ Symbolic analysis, "The wind chime represents Jing's attempts to mend and connect". By looking at it with a cold smile,  Xiao Liu is determine to see if this connection is strong. The cold smile show that he sure that he will get a rejection from Jing, he is in fact ready for it.    All will rest on Jing hands again. It will be a make it or break it moment for them both.  In my opinion, I find Xiao Liu  here unfair towards Jing. How many time does one needs to prove himself for him? I guess  we will have our answer when they finally meet and `Xiao Liu test Jing.   It is important to notice that Xiao Liu so far has only been interested in testing Jing's  and only Jing's commitment towards him.  

Xiao liu  at  Tu Shan Jing place 

[Jing Ye brought Xiao Liu to a study and inside Jing sat at a desk listening to two retainers give a report. Xiao Liu stepped back and enjoyed the flowers while the conversation finished inside. Jing Ye went inside to announce Xiao Liu and Jing came out and asked “What happened?”
Xiao Liu smiled wanly that Jing knew he wouldn’t be here if there wasn’t something he wanted. Xiao Liu turned around “Xuan Yuan’s Prince Zhuan Xu is waiting for me at Hui Chun Clinic to take me to see the Grand Emperor of Gao Xing Kingdom.”
Jing said slowly “I will accompany you to Gao Xing. The Grand Emperor is a sage ruler, he would not be looking to harm you.”
“It doesn’t matter to me if he’s a sage ruler or not. I don’t want to meet him!”
Jing asked “You want to run away?” Xiao Liu smiled “Yes, I want to run away.”
Jing replied “It’ll be very difficult.”

Xiao Liu nodded with more smilesIt is very difficult, if it wasn’t difficult I wouldn’t be here with you. The Tu Shan clan must have a secret passage way out of town. You help me escape.”
“Fine!”

Xiao Liu’s smile froze and he stared at Jing “Once escaped then its resisting an Imperial Summons from the Grand Emperor. Zhuan Xu will send people to track us down, and if we continue to resist he won’t hesitate to kill. The road ahead will be perilous, and even if we escape, you will have made an enemy of both the Gao Xing and Xuan Yuan Kingdoms.
Jing took Xiao Liu’s hand and pulled him into the study and said to Jing Ye “Prepare clothes, I’m taking Xiao Liu and leaving Qing Shui Town.”

Jing Ye must’ve heard what they said and glared in rage at Xiao Liu but held it in “My lord there is no need for you to be in danger, I will have two men accompany Master Liu out of town. I will stake my life on protecting him.”
Jing gently said “Prepare clothes for us.
Jing Ye knew Jing made up his mind so didn’t dare speak again and went to prepare the clothes.]

Though smiling Xiao Liu was   NOT  too  pleased to see that Jing  associate him - WXL coming his place,  to him only  needing something from Jing.  Xiao Liu has only himself to blame  for this.   Xiao Lu explained the situation  and what he wants. When Jing replied that it will be difficult, we see Xiao Liu smiled even  more and explained  that  he would not be here if it was not difficult.  Here  Xiao Liu is lying. He was  not really, here because he wanted Jing's help to escape. He was here because he wanted to find out if Jing  will put him above all the risk to himself  and his clan.  Xiao Liu then  state  " you help me escape"  she was not asking, but rather demanding  that Jing helps  him escape.  Xiao Liu is smiling not because he is happy,  but because  he is now testing Jing, purposely putting him in a tight and difficult position. He want to see that Jing  would not be able to help him.  Jing's  simple reply " Fine"  was  not at all what Xiao Liu expected  to hear. Xiao Liu tried  again  and this time explained all the dangers this would  bring.   Xiao Liu  could not believe that Jing was  actually  putting him before this clan, his name  and would stake his life to protect him.  This a the biggest proof of commitment  and Tu Shan Jing has pass the test as we can see. 

Jing proceed to make some fake Jing and Xiao Yao out of some magic tools 

Jing pricked his middle finger and touched the doll and it transformed into the exact replica of Jing. The fake Jing handed the other doll and gently told Xiao Liu “It needs a drop of your blood.”
If Xiao Liu didn’t just see it with his own eyes, he would think that fake Jing was real and the sitting real Jing was fake. He pricked his finger on the doll which quickly got bigger and was the same size as Xiao Liu but its features were completely blank.
Jing Ye was stunned “How can this be, this was a treasure left by the Tu Shan ancestors and I’ve never heard of it transforming this way.”
Xiao Liu nervously laughed “Probably because I look so plain, the doll can’t recognize it.” Jing stood up and touched the fake Xiao Liu’s face and arranged his features until it looked just like Xiao Liu.
Xiao Liu sighed in relief “Fine, fine, it’s all fine now.”
The fake Xiao Liu doll laughed like Xiao Liu and spoke in the exact same voice as him “You don’t even know what you look like yourself, why blame me?”......................................

Jing ordered “You take them to change.” Jing Ye knew he made up his mind and went with the two dolls.
Jing walked up to Xiao Liu “If you change your looks, can it avoid all detection?” Xiao Liu hesitated and then nodded. Jing smiled “Then we’ll go with the plan.”
Xiao Liu’s heart was thumping wildly “You….you always knew I could transform my face?”
The power of transformation wasn’t a very hard power to learn, but only those with great power using it can truly transform and avoid detection. With Xiao Liu’s power, no one would believe him using the skill could avoid detection using a magical object seeker.
Jing said “The Tu Shan clan aren’t simply from the God tribe. One of our ancestors was the far-reaching original nine-tailed fox. So the bloodline of the Tu Shan family can all transform. I have the spiritual eye and can usually see through all transformation and masking spells and powers. That was how I was able to see Ah Nian’s true face and knew to avoid her. But everything about you seems real even to me, except my instinct tells me your face is fake. So…..that is why I can’t leave you. If I leave and you disappeared, it would be without a trace.”
Xiao Liu was stunned. Jing knew all along that he was fake..........................

The carriage started to move and it was dark and Xiao Liu and Jing were tightly pressed together due to its cramped space. When Xiao Liu went to look for Jing, it was a spur of the moment thing. He wanted to see Jing put in a tight spot, he wanted to hear Jing try to talk him into going to see the Grand Emperor and it was no big deal. Xiao Liu wanted to hear all of this with his own ears, so that he could use this cruel method to cut the final threads of longing in his heart, so that he could leave without a care, so that he could let Wen Xiao Liu vanish forever without any sadness.
But when Xiao Liu said he didn’t want to go and 
Jing never asked why he would rather risk death to escape than go, nor did he pause to think about his own danger before agreeing to help him escape, the longing in Xiao Liu’s heart expanded instead of being severed.]

The fake doll  shared a very important information in regards to Xiao Liu: Xiao Liu Does not know  how he looks like originally.  He does not know his original female features. Xiao Liu 's reaction  and words to the doll , amused me because we know that Jing knows this is not his real form.  The words from fake Xiao Liu are kind of sad  really. Xiao  has changed his face many times so cannot remember his real features.   I love Xiao Liu's  reaction to realising that Jing has known all along that his appearance was not  his real one.  This is such a contrast to the reaction Xiao Liu  had when Xiang Liu  touched the subject of his male form. When Jing explained  how he had  known and since when, Xiao is just stunned,  not afraid, doe not even deny it the way he  denied it to Xiang Liu. 

We see Xiao Liu thinking about why he tested Jin  using this cruel method.  I am glad that he admitted that the method was indeed cruel. As he explained,  it is was in oder to cut the thread of longing in his heart.  It is important to note that the thread of longing  in his heart is only mentioned in relation to Jing. Xiao Liu has NEVER related his  thread of longing in his heart  to Xiang Liu nor Xuan. Only to Jing.   I love  how  Jing's acceptance to help him without asking  Why, has expanded  the longing in Xiao Liu's heart. Xiao Liu should have known that Jing would have helped him without any question or conditions after all he did say in chapter 2  "
“No matter what reason, there won’t be a second time when you need me but can’t find me.

Again I reiterate that the feeling of longing Xiao Liu  has,  has been ignited somehow by the presence of Jing in his life. This has not been ignited by anybody else before Jing  and so far even after meeting other people( from chapter 1n to 8) .   Xiao Liu reason for the test has nt been shared with Jing nor how Jing word has been affecting  his feeling of longing . 

parts 1 completed .  This is my 2 cents non how nu understood this parts of chapter 8  

Symbolika1:
parts 1 completed .  

(continue the ch8 related content copy-paste):

Chapter 8

My Analysis Part 1

Abstract

After removing the voodoo bug from Xuan, Xiao Liu resolved a big worry and soundly slept for three days.

After he had time to think about it, he realized that he forgot to ask Xiang Liu last time whether the person who tried to kill Xuan was Jing’s fiancee. Why would she help Xiang Liu kill Xuan? Was there a connection between the Fang Feng family and the Sheng Nong resistance army? Or was it Xiang Liu helping Fang Feng Yi Yang this time? Didn’t Xiang Liu say he was a killer for hire during his free time?

Xiao Liu thought and thought and couldn’t eat or slept. But after a few days, he figured it out. Xuan left already so it didn’t matter if Fang Feng Yi Yang wanted to kill him. The vengeance and conflict of those big families is not something Xiao Liu wanted to understand. All he needed to know was that it wasn’t Jing who wanted to kill Xuan.

Xiao Liu put everything aside and went back to living his lazy life.

The chapter started with Wen Xiao Liu being relieved because she was able to removed the poisonious bug from Xuan, her brother from the past. There must be something that she did not want to follow him or reveal herself to him. 

Wen Xiao Liu had finally had a rest for 3 days. But then she was still curious about what was going on between Fang Feng Yi Yang and Xiang Liu in collaborating to assasinate  Xuan. 

But then she realized that her life was not for it. And for her as long as it was NOT Jing who was plotting kill her past brother then, she will be happy. It is very clear Shi Qi was very very important to her as if he was part of her.

Cutting Ties & Fear of Losing 

Abstract 

It was the middle of Summer and Xiao Liu was laying on the pallet fanning himself and covered in sweat. Jing entered from the back door and found Xiao Liu fanning himself under the awning and muttering “So hot! So hot!”

Jing walked up and hung a blue ice crystal wind chime on the awning and within moments a cool breeze misted down from above and dispelled the heat. Xiao Liu looked at the wind chime and considered whether to accept it. He already asked for two, to not accept the third seemed rather coy. But the first two were meant to save Xuan’s life and Xiao Liu felt it was important and not personal. This was for himself and made him feel like he was taking something.

Jing sat down next to the pallet and watched Xiao Liu’s facial expression changes. Xiao Liu suddenly sat up and hollered angrily “This is Qing Shui Town, not Qing Qiu! Why haven’t you left yet?”

Jing stared at Xiao Liu “You are here, I won’t leave.”

Xiao Liu was so angry he threw the fan at Jing. “Didn’t you say you would listen to me. Then leave! Leave far far away and stop bothering my life. You are Tu Shan Jing, not Ye Shi Qi!”

Jing lowered his eyes and pursed his lips tightly. Xiao Liu was very familiar with this sight and didn’t have the heart to be mean anymore. He turned his head away and refused to look at him.

After some time, Jing’s voice spoke “You tenderly cleaned my wounds. You carefully washed my hair. You patiently fed me medicine and food. You gently bathed my body. You were afraid I was in pain so you talked with me. You were afraid I was ashamed so you told me jokes. You were afraid I would give up so you described the beautiful views for me. You were afraid I was lonely so you told me interesting stories. You didn’t just heal my body, you saved my soul. You will never be able to imagine how much I wish I were Ye Shi Qi. But I have no choice but to be Tu Shan Jing. Because of this, more than you I hate myself. I know you hate Tu Shan Jing so I control myself not to come visit you. But I’m scared to leave. You gave Ma Zi a family, you found Xan Tian Er for Chuan Zi, you set up everything for Lao Mu. You are already prepared to leave it all behind and continue wandering. I’m afraid if I turn around even for a second, I won’t be able to find you ever again.”

This was the first time Jing spoke so much and the atmosphere was very solemn. He silently looked at Xiao Liu but Xiao Liu never turned around. Jing finally got up and quietly left.

Xiao Liu suddenly collapsed on the pallet and stared at the wind chime. Shi Qi saw through it, that he was planning to leave.

Jing aka Ye Shi Qi was still coming to take care of her. She sort of harshly cutting him out from her life because he was Tushan Jing who was very much living in different world than her at the moment and was tied to his Tushan Clan and the Clan had already  bind him with a wife to be. We can definetly understand her motives. Jing was tied to his Clan. It's unlikely the powerless Wen Xiao Liu and Ye Shi Qi version of Jing had any strength against such high power holding him. Although up till now we do not know about Wen Xiao Liu past but we do know she must had lost her beloved ones before and sort of suffered from abandonment and loneliness. Wen Xiao Liu longed for Ye Shi Qi's warmth. But she could not allowed herself to it. Of course she had crossed this line before in helping her cousin/brother because she felt it was important . And there was a line when Wen Xiao Liu was even thinking that getting favor from Jing felt as if she was taking something. That line made me think that maybe she did not deserve such treatment because she may have thought she could not give him anything more. That is my personal take on her thinking. 

Jing must had guessed Wen Xiao Liu's plan already. For the first time since chapter one he spoke a lot from his heart for the first time. He completely let out all his feelings about how Xiao Liu had healed not only his life but also his soul. The atmosphere was very solemn. It was very clear how much he was in fear of losing Wen Xiao Liu from life. I nearly tear up reading his lines. These lines were added in the drama.