We are performing scheduled database maintenance, which may cause temporary downtime. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.

@Sunbath12: Yeah I understand the limitations due to censorship which is very unfortunate because the plot and character development has been set from season 1 to get to that point. I feel like it shouldn’t even be an issue because that is the beauty behind LYF, all the characters have flaws and you cannot help but feel for all of them. It’s not like he completely loses control and turns evil. It’s almost crucial that they keep it as it’s the pivotal part of CX’s character development 

True, no point of stressing at this point. I can only pray that we don’t lose the main essence of the characters and main plots. TongHua is at least involved so I’m hoping she knows how best to showcase her masterpiece. S1 was already done so well.

@AH, not sure how involved TSJ is in the scene with her mom, maybe they won’t include it from the novel. But imtjust praying they don’t downplay his character further. I loved how he was written in the novel, so wise and intelligent and devoted. I’m just worried they will downplay Jing to give XL more limelight - which will just fuel the shipping wars. I loved the development of XY and Jing’s love story in the novel

cometawatcher:
Comment also said that XY treated shiqi as one of her children

I notice a line in the novel today that reminded me of this crazy comment you saw. But it's not about TSJ. It's about ZX!

She opened her arms and blocked Zhuan Xu’s body and faced towards the darkness. She backed up slowly and Zhuan Xu asked, “The Fang Feng family?”

Xiao Yao’s entire body was tense, like a mother animal protecting her young, glaring in rage towards the darkness.

Sssnoopyyy:
I feel like it shouldn’t even be an issue because that is the beauty behind LYF, all the characters have flaws and you cannot help but feel for all of them.

Yeah, it's what I liked about the novel, and for the most part, S1 has been a great adaptation, bringing these three-dimensional characters to life and maintaining the themes expressed by the author. So I too hope that S2 keeps it up!

Sssnoopyyy:

@AH, not sure how involved TSJ is in the scene with her mom, maybe they won’t include it from the novel. But imtjust praying they don’t downplay his character further. I loved how he was written in the novel, so wise and intelligent and devoted. I’m just worried they will downplay Jing to give XL more limelight - which will just fuel the shipping wars. I loved the development of XY and Jing’s love story in the novel

I hope they at least emphasize that he was the one who realized she needed to get closure from the King of Haoling. 

I thought it was a pretty huge thing that he was the one who convinced XY to forgive ZX and it seems like they're already taking that away. But I'll wait and see how it actually plays out before passing judgement. 

AH :

I hope they at least emphasize that he was the one who realized she needed to get closure from the King of Haoling. 

I thought it was a pretty huge thing that he was the one who convinced XY to forgive ZX and it seems like they're already taking that away. But I'll wait and see how it actually plays out before passing judgement. 

Let's hope for the best.

AH :

I hadn't heard this one before. But I've seen some comments about very weird "spoilers" about kids that XY has with various leads and now I just tend to ignore those. 

Talk about people writing their own fan fictions lmao 

Hi guys! Idk if this has been posted here already. Fans of YaoJing totally rocked it! They lit up Jiefangbei, ChongQing with stunning images of YaoJing. So cool and impressive! 

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid033cuVkdWgK7Y8Rev6wLXXtfRWgCVHij5MrPM4g2aZyRePDHNVopJ3iTn2CPWisXuhl&id=100044193111188&mibextid=cr9u03

angelkate:

Hi guys! Idk if this has been posted here already. Fans of YaoJing totally rocked it! They lit up Jiefangbei, ChongQing with stunning images of YaoJing. So cool and impressive! 

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid033cuVkdWgK7Y8Rev6wLXXtfRWgCVHij5MrPM4g2aZyRePDHNVopJ3iTn2CPWisXuhl&id=100044193111188&mibextid=cr9u03

That is so nice to see!!! 

I don't know if this has been shared before, but I smiled. lol

https://youtube.com/shorts/rPdPEeMq9gU?si=eBbHHFRQ3E7QsiE6

There are some vids too in the comments ??

AH :

I notice a line in the novel today that reminded me of this crazy comment you saw. But it's not about TSJ. It's about ZX!

She opened her arms and blocked Zhuan Xu’s body and faced towards the darkness. She backed up slowly and Zhuan Xu asked, “The Fang Feng family?”

Xiao Yao’s entire body was tense, like a mother animal protecting her young, glaring in rage towards the darkness.

I sometimes feel like XY has very  “motherly” protective instincts over CX. Naturally so since they were both left behind by their parents at a young age. CX relied on her a lot, I’m sure this love stemmed from that and all his love for his family was placed on XY, which grew to be romantic over time. 

XY has a very caring side to her, which prob explains her ability to take in ppl in Qing Shui Town including Shiqi. Someone mentioned that she liked having that power because she had control. But it was nice to see how she learned how to lean on Jing even when he was Shiqi - she was hesitant to getting accustomed to having him around, and being dependent. And the comment she made of feeling like she was a child with a mother when they travelled together (LOL Jing was obviously not thrilled about this comment but she explains how she can be carefree and taken care of with him). It’s a nice touch from the author’s part because it shows how their relationship became a two way street, where she allowed herself to invest fully into the relationship.

Sssnoopyyy:
And the comment she made of feeling like she was a child with a mother when they travelled together (LOL Jing was obviously not thrilled about this comment but she explains how she can be carefree and taken care of with him). It’s a nice touch from the author’s part because it shows how their relationship became a two way street, where she allowed herself to invest fully into the relationship.

I remember that scene! It's part of the desert beast / travelling subplot that I don't want them to cut. 

---

Chapter 36:

Xiao Yao laid on the web and stared at the stars above. Since wandering the world as a child, she slept outdoors countless times and it was never something she found fun. It was because she had no home so she had to sleep outside in a dangerous place where she had to always be on guard. But tonight sleeping outside became something different. Xiao Yao said in a low voice “Jing, these days I feel like I’m a kid again, and being with you feels like having my mom by my side.”

Jing coughed a few times and muttered, “That doesn’t feel like a compliment.”

Xiao Yao flipped over and stared at him with a smile. “I’m not saying you’re like my mom, it’s more….it feels like when I was small and didn’t need to think or worry about anything. Every day was happy.” Xiao Yao’s smile gradually disappeared. “It all feels like a dream and I’m afraid I’ll wake up from the dream like when I was small.”

Jing softly kissed her. “This isn’t a dream. We’ll walk the rest of our lives together.”

Xiao Yao smiled. “Yes.”

The wind gently rocked their web hammock and the two laid next to each other staring at the glittering stars shining down on them.

AH :

I hadn't heard this one before. But I've seen some comments about very weird "spoilers" about kids that XY has with various leads and now I just tend to ignore those. 

It was in the main comments section  but when they asked the person for links they could not give it.and replied to go on  weibo ?

peng-peng:

It was in the main comments section  but when they asked the person for links they could not give it.and replied to go on  weibo ?

Jajajajajaja

Ari_Lee:

That is so nice to see!!! 

I don't know if this has been shared before, but I smiled. lol

https://youtube.com/shorts/rPdPEeMq9gU?si=eBbHHFRQ3E7QsiE6

They really have a very strong chemistry; no wonder a lot of people ship them. 

Fans of YaoJing CP even paid for Yang Zi and Deng Wei's clip to be shown on the big screen in the streets of Jiefangbei in Chongqing. https://twitter.com/StarDramachaser/status/1698696269177532744