We are performing scheduled database maintenance, which may cause temporary downtime. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.
 TinaL:

If I remember correctly there's a couple more kisses, not sure if they will be more since they added some sweet moments that weren't originally in the novel. 

That is good. .hope there will be more in S2..?

AH :

You'd think. But apparently Tong Hua has said it refers to ZX. So ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Why does she hate my boi so much??? Isn't he hated enough? ? I just can't with her "he's my favorite character". No lady, he isn't  ?

Winny Aye:

I dont know. ..if its true or rumors...but if they did...it need to match the intense level. .and it's title

I agree, the rumored changes so far seem underwhelming compared to the actual ones in the novel. I'm sad about not including the desert sequence and meeting her mom though, I was so touched reading it. But if it's really only 21 episodes then I guess they have to pick and choose what they can keep while keeping the essence of the story. 

nathsketch:

Why does she hate my boi so much??? Isn't he hated enough? ? I just can't with her "he's my favorite character". No lady, he isn't  ?

he's definitely her favorite because she made him the most memorable lol etched in your soul type

Kali_01:
sad about not including

Yes!

Kali_01:
But if it's really only 21 episodes then I guess they have to pick and choose what they can keep while keeping the essence of the story.

I'd prefer it if there were three "seasons" worth of episodes that aligned with each of the volumes of the novel so they could fit everything.  Although I admit the longer wait and heightened risk of cancellation would not be fun.

Kali_01:

he's definitely her favorite because she made him the most memorable lol etched in your soul type

Yeah that's true, 'cause I'll be needing a new soul. This one is ruined ?

Pammy:

Yeah. I hope it stays as rumor. It's important for the drama's english title "lost you forever" tho?

Hahaha! I was really looking forward to CX being the mastermind behind Jing's murder. To be quite honest, the trailer of YZ being insanely angry at ZWY for killing "Jing" is what first drew me to this show. What a farce if it was all just a dream.

AH :

Yes!

I'd prefer it if there were three "seasons" worth of episodes that aligned with each of the volumes of the novel so they could fit everything.  Although I admit the longer wait and heightened risk of cancellation would not be fun.

yes, especially since they did so well at keeping as close to the novel for the first s1, there were minor changes but compared to other adaptations I think did pretty good. which is another reason why I'm surprised at the rumored changes in s2 as well. I'm sure TH has her reasons, but it'd be nice if she told us what they were lol

Kali_01:

I agree, the rumored changes so far seem underwhelming compared to the actual ones in the novel. I'm sad about not including the desert sequence and meeting her mom though, I was so touched reading it. But if it's really only 21 episodes then I guess they have to pick and choose what they can keep while keeping the essence of the story. 

Umm.. really they should have include it.. well they can make S2 has 40 episodes.  21 sounds little short.  ? but i am still fine if its smoothly done. Besides i dont want release date to be so far away. .hope it comes as soon as 2024 approach 

His Smile:

Hahaha! I was really looking forward to CX being the mastermind behind Jing's murder. To be quite honest, the trailer of YZ being insanely angry at ZWY for killing "Jing" is what first drew me to this show. What a farce if it was all just a dream. 

Lol this dream method is...??? nope no no

Winny Aye:

Lol this dream method is...??? nope no no

Listen I'm not believing anything until the season 2 drops 

nathsketch:

Yeah I thought the title represented CX as he loses XY on his journey to power. I feel that this is accurate right? He and XY are the main focus of the entire series, XL and Jing were the romantic suitors in XY’s life.

TinaL:

Listen I'm not believing anything until the season 2 drops 

it's so far away still ; ; I've just been watching reuters on bilibili lol

Kali_01:
I'm sure TH has her reasons, but it'd be nice if she told us what they were lol

My guess is that the desert beast subplot was mostly cut for time and because her parents' story is a whole novel's worth of tragedy unto itself and would be too much of a departure from the main plot. And it would require a lot of CGI. 

The changes to ZX's story might have been required by the censors, or maybe the producers. Having the male lead be in love with the female lead and successfully plot to kill the second male lead (that the female lead loves and is about to marry), having the female lead commit a not-quite-murder / suicide with him, and having the second male lead convince the female lead to forgive the male lead after all that... Is a lot. 

Relegating ZX's actions to a dream sequence also allows them to cut XL saving XY's life again and almost all of the Jade Mountain subplot. Maybe they felt one saving-her-from-a-death-coma episode (and one saving-her-from-a-crystal-coffin-and-whirlpool episode and one bug-connection-severing episode) would be enough. And avoiding the Jade Mountain subplot means less CGI and not having to involve as many characters. (I'll miss Sir Bi). 

I love  CX  in the book and what he did to TSJ. It was inexpected. To  change this would be a crime.  I will be so disappointed.   Same with the spoiler that XY comes back  with her kids to be with CX  to help him  manage the kingdom after TSJ has dies.   It will not be LYF for CX then.   I will wait until season 2 is over before deciding to watch it or not.