peng-peng:

I hated chapter 50 so much. I felt like ZX was forcing XY to marry him. I hated it more when he forced her to wear it on her wedding to TSJ.  By this time I lost all my respect for him. It was uncalled for.  I felt like he was leaving his mark of ownership on  mark on XY. 

Nahh..dont mind the guy..because at least hes letting her the army power (TSJ also married to FFYY as of karmic obstacles before)..besides she's leaving him to ocean side 

peng-peng:

I hated chapter 50 so much. I felt like ZX was forcing XY to marry him. I hated it more when he forced her to wear it on her wedding to TSJ.  By this time I lost all my respect for him. It was uncalled for.  I felt like he was leaving his mark of ownership on  mark on XY. 

I know right? he high key threatened her saying,she should wear the flower if she wants to successfully marry Jing, that’s why she did it even though she knew the flower was for the one ZX loved & wanted to marry 🙄. Then again the Ruomo flower can command thousands of military army, which again was a gift to her, that way she has the army at her beck and call.

Pammy:

Magnolia flower references during XY missing Jing are just heartbreaking.

"Jing, I've planted magnolia trees on Xiao Yue Peak, when the flowers bloom I will sing for you." Xiao Yao thought of this during lantern release at chapter 44. 

Also during Xiao Yao yet another assassination attempt against her, she saw Magnolias. Left Ear pluck some flowers and gave it on XY. "When the weather is nice I'll wash your hair, and you can wash my hair, Jing. Don't forget to pluck the leaves in the morning dew." Seems like Magnolia flowers is really reminding her of Jing. 

When the sun sets and she couldn't see the Magnolias she started crying. "Jing, the flower is gone! I can't see you anymore!" She was delirious and was about to close her eyes. Left Ear lit up a fire so she can see the flowers. He did it so he can comfort XY, make her stay conscious and she tried hard to open her eyes.

PAIN🥲🥲🥲

Yes so heartbreaking 💔 that’s why I wanted to remember if it was mentioned earlier than that. Because I remember the pill pouch she embroidered a magnolia on there. @Romans_Revenge also reminded me that Jing gave her magnolia tea before they started their heart to heart conversation. 

I didn't even noticed the Magnolia tea😂 When XY made a pouch for Jing with Magnolia flower that was also the first time I remember the Magnolia thing happened.😁

peng-peng:

I actually found it tragic, I cannot find it in my heart to hate ZX but agree that he crossed the line of no return when he made that choice to hurt XY by attempting to rid of Jing.

Pammy:

I didn't even noticed the Magnolia tea😂 When XY made a pouch for Jing with Magnolia flower that was also the first time I remember the Magnolia thing happened.😁

Same! I thought it was the pouch and wondered what the significance of the magnolia was looool

Could it be that the Magnolia flower symbolizes their second chance? 🥺👉👈 As it first appeared when Jing and XY had a heart to heart after a long time of separation. And cleared a misunderstanding between them. But as far as I know, Magnolia flowers is reminding XY of Jing as based from the excerpts I shared.

Sssnoopyyy:

Same! I thought it was the pouch and wondered what the significance of the magnolia was looool

Looks like I'm not really that detail- oriented😂 I miss that one

Xiao Yao must have missed Jing so much during the times they were separated due to FFYY issue. When she bursted out crying to Jing and they settled their misunderstanding, he gave her "Magnolia" tea. So when she reminisces those moments she must have thought of the flower and sewed it on pouch for Jing. Ahh that must be the start of the importance of Magnolia flower to them.🤔

Now that s2 will have 35 episodes I hope they’ll flesh out those heartbreaking scenes more 😂 I love XY but everyone always gives Jing a hard time because how he was like a puppy that followed her around because he just loved her so much and wanted to spend every moment with her. So it’s nice to see Jing’s effect on XY as well. We know she loved him so deeply but she’s always putting on a strong front that people misinterpret and think she wasn’t affected by Jing’s “death”  but those chapters of Jing being gone we can really feel her heartache for him. 

Pammy:

Xiao Yao must have missed Jing so much during the times they were separated due to FFYY issue. When she bursted out crying to Jing and they settled their misunderstanding, he gave her "Magnolia" tea. So when she reminisces those moments she must have thought of the flower and sewed it on pouch for Jing. Ahh that must be the start of the importance of Magnolia flower to them.🤔

At first, I didn’t really pay attention to it until someone wrote what flowers XY & Jing had & what it symbolized…then I’m like oh wait,magnolia was referenced a whole lot between them. Even tho magnolia tea is used to cure some illness, Jing could’ve brewed any other tea for her but chose magnolia…neither did he think XY was ill,since she’s a physician herself. So I’m guessing that’s where it started,then came the pouch too.

peng-peng:

I got ickk feeling from those scenes.I just gaslight myself that the flower is for XY's protection😂 but the wedding like thing was really off.

Pammy:

Could it be that the Magnolia flower symbolizes their second chance? 🥺👉👈 As it first appeared when Jing and XY had a heart to heart after a long time of separation. And cleared a misunderstanding between them. But as far as I know, Magnolia flowers is reminding XY of Jing as based from the excerpts I shared.

I imagine that Tong Hua did not just casually pick a flower that was mentioned several times in her novel. So I asked ChatGPT about the meaning of Magnolia flower in China ->  "In Chinese art, the magnolia flower is a symbol of nobility and perseverance. It is often depicted in artwork as a symbol of the beauty and strength of women. The magnolia is also considered a symbol of spring, as it blooms early in the year and symbolizes the renewal of life . "

Btw, I love how Tong Hua resolved this issue, when XY and Jing had a heart to heart. And the thing that made XY realized her mistake was Xan Tian Er's advice.  I'll quote the excerpt from chapter 33:  "My childhood made me pessimistic about human emotions, I feel like nothing will last forever and no one can be relied on. I never truly believed in you and I didn't want to make the effort first. So when what I expected happened, I felt like it was exactly as I predicted! I know people can't be trusted! But I didn't know that what we put in is what we get back. We need to make the effort to achieve the ending we want. Xan Tian Er said that I never planted the seeds and tilled the field, how can I expect to reap the crop in the end?"

@BlueberriesField: thanks for the detailed info!💕 yes I think TH really put much thought on the flowers she mentioned in her novel. This magnolia alone has a lot of associated meanings and I love how she connected it to XY and Jing and their relationship esp during their heart-to-heart talk and when XY was terribly missing Jing.

I look forward to that talk b/n XY and Tian Er in the drama coz it played a very impt role for XY's realization and her and Jing's reconciliation.

"Xan Tian Er said that I never planted the seeds and tilled the field, how can I expect to reap the crop in the end?" 🥰

Kali_01:

I’ve been reading the chapters after Jing disappeared, this passage 

“Xiao Yao watched them from behind, noticing Left Ear's body posture tensing up as his ears turned bright red. Who knew the cold brutal killer would turn shy and nervous like this? Xiao Yao's heart turned melancholy, her Jing was once this awkward and shy. Xiao Yao used to be so frustrated with him, thinking he didn't like her enough, didn't care enough, and even thought about ending the relationship. But looking back now, she understood it was a type of cherishing, of caring too much as to be hesitant. That was so precious, because it was the first and the truest heart.”

Poor XY, she was so broken after Jing disappeared but at the same time I’m happy to see how much she loved Jing. 

This magnolia flower has been bothering me lol the first time I remember it being mentioned in the novel was when XY made the pill pouch for Jing isn’t it? Was there anything about magnolia flowers before that? 

Ohhhh the heartbreaking moments of XY remembering Jing 💔🤧

As was mentioned by @Pammy and @Romans_Revenge, magnolia flower was mentioned during eps 33, 34, & 44 and I'll just add, it was also mentioned in ep 32, (I think that was the first time I read abt it☺️) 

"The ships entered the Chi Sui river and gradually slowed down. It was the season for the magnolias to bloom and there were magnolia trees on both sides of the shore and the fragrance carried for miles as the petals rained down. Xiao Yao sat by the ship’s window and silently stared at the yellow petals floating by in the water."