Hi all. I am very pleased to have found this thread.

I have not read the novel yet. I have seen in some comments on youtube, Reddit and in the main section that Xiang Liu is her soul mate. Is that true in the novel? I am asking because watching the drama so far I do not see this at all or any concept of soul mate at all. Please easy my heart. Thanks.

I really liked how TSJ was after his fight with FengLong. though it was short but he seemed more relax and was joking/teasing with his friends. FengLong made a comment like that's how the old TSJ was.  

When Xiao Yao found out about the baby and broke up with TSJ, I could only think of this song depicting her emotions:

Dancing with Your Ghost by Sacha Alex Sloan:
https://youtu.be/a5RQ0z29XoU

peng-peng:

Hi all. I am very pleased to have found this thread.

I have not read the novel yet. I have seen in some comments on youtube, Reddit and in the main section that Xiang Liu is her soul mate. Is that true in the novel? I am asking because watching the drama so far I do not see this at all or any concept of soul mate at all. Please easy my heart. Thanks.

The drama did a good job of following the novel very closely. There were some changes but we can't have everything right.  The connection link btw XY and XL was how they were tortured. It was when she opened up to him that he started to have feelings for her and became more human. So in that sense,  only  XL can understand what she went through. There's a scene in the novel where she found out about who her real father is and Jing let XL console her. He knew that only XL can understand her and make her feel better. 

In a way, I find Jing very loveable in that way. He never constrict XY from seeing other guys even when they were together even if he knew she had feelings for XL. Though he himself always felt less deserving of her love but he always gave her freedom to choose. 

mparthur:

When Xiao Yao found out about the baby and broke up with TSJ, I could only think of this song depicting her emotions:

Dancing with Your Ghost by Sacha Alex Sloan:
https://youtu.be/a5RQ0z29XoU

You have found great fitting songs. I'm still obsessed with Halo. I finished reading the book to Halo instead of the drama OST. lol

Antinh85:
In a way, I find Jing very loveable in that way. He never constrict XY from seeing other guys even when they were together even if he knew she had feelings for XL. Though he himself always felt less deserving of her love but he always gave her freedom to choose. 

In the book it also says that he was never worried about the love bugs because of the emotional ties, just the other part. I think she could have had both XL and him and he wouldn't have cared as long as she was happy and he was in her life.

Kali_01:

I really liked how TSJ was after his fight with FengLong. though it was short but he seemed more relax and was joking/teasing with his friends. FengLong made a comment like that's how the old TSJ was.  

Me too. 

Ari_Lee:

You have found great fitting songs. I'm still obsessed with Halo. I finished reading the book to Halo instead of the drama OST. lol

Hahaha.  Every significant scene must be accompanied by a song that we know.  Due to my age, the songs tend to be more than 10 years old.

mparthur:

Hahaha.  Every significant scene must be accompanied by a song that we know.  Due to my age, the songs tend to be more than 10 years old.

That must be why I know all of them. I have not listened to more recent songs.  Unless they are part of a drama OST. Ja!

Kali_01:

Makes me wonder what TSJ was like before the torment. Was he carefree and confident like FFB? Would he have liked XY? 

Ari_Lee:

In the book it also says that he was never worried about the love bugs because of the emotional ties, just the other part. I think she could have had both XL and him and he wouldn't have cared as long as she was happy and he was in her life.

That’s what I appreciated about TSJ and XL, perhaps that’s why they respected each other because they both care for XY but never fought each other over her. They care about her but also respected her. I mean it wasn’t easy for either of them to see her with other guys but they don’t take it out on her or each other.

I feel like TSJ is gonna be criticized even more after all this ? can someone who read the novel tell me how he fell for the trap? Just cuhs he didn’t question that his grandma would drug him? He actually thought he slept with FFYY?

Ngl kinda disappointed, not sure if he was written this way in the novel, but I can see why ppl are frustrated with him and say he is “weak”. I know he had his hands tied and he isn’t a perfect person but sometimes I just wanna slap him and say “get yourself together! Fight for it!”

Sssnoopyyy:

I feel like TSJ is gonna be criticized even more after all this ? can someone who read the novel tell me how he fell for the trap? Just cuhs he didn’t question that his grandma would drug him? He actually thought he slept with FFYY?

Ngl kinda disappointed, not sure if he was written this way in the novel, but I can see why ppl are frustrated with him and say he is “weak”. I know he had his hands tied and he isn’t a perfect person but sometimes I just wanna slap him and say “get yourself together! Fight for it!”

In the novel, FFYY used a love potion which enhanced feelings of lust already existing in the person and the grandmother used a spell which made FFYY look like XY. He didn't actually sleep with FFYY though because he is a gentleman and he respects XY a lot. He thought if he slept with her in another  woman's room and bed it would be ruining her and acting shameful.

But when the news broke out he hadn't figured it out yet.

Sssnoopyyy:

Makes me wonder what TSJ was like before the torment. Was he carefree and confident like FFB? Would he have liked XY? 

I'd describe him as a wen wu guy.  A Confucius scholar with martial arts and excelled in business.  A billionaire in that period.  Someone said in the comments thread that TSJ's family business is like an ancient Amazon.com 

Sssnoopyyy:

I saw someone made this comment about his character and I find it to be quite true. Before his trauma, he was known to be very lively and ambitious. He was more outgoing and confident. His brother not only broke him physically but also emotionally so that was why he felt that he didn't deserve. If it was the Jing before, he wouldn't be feeling that way at all. I believe he wouldn't like her as much if he didn't go through what he did. It was said that he never liked any girl before XY so he was very picky and it was hard for someone to catch his eye. He would probably still liked her but not as deep as he is now.  

Plus if they didn't have the connection of XY saving him, it'll be hard to see Jing falling her that deep.